Anyway , since I grew up there ( I started going frequently since I was 8) , I might as well list out all the facilities. ( I am trying to visually remember
, as if I have a photographic memory lol )
1) Gym ( with newest advance machines , complete set of free weights and spacious exercise/stretch areas , air conditioned with lcd tv and good maintenance of equipment ) , Actually it has been renovated like 2 or 3 years ago, It used to be small with a bit of aged equipment)
2) a) Swimming pool. 30 meters, it is a unique length. I have never seen a lap pool which is 30 meters (normally it is 25m or 50m and yards in the US ) but then again , it has groomed so many national swimmers in this pool that sometimes you wonder whether it is the length of the pool that is doing the trick !
nah , i am just joking ,I think it is really the dedicated swim coaches, ( 3 of them to be exact ) The depth of the pool is 3 feet at the shallow end and 6 feet at the deep end .
b) wading pool - perfect for kids to play cause it is around 1.5 feet deep constant across the pool
c) newly built outdoor jacuzzi , probably 10 pple capacity with a nice veranda covering over it . Sort of a balinese feel .
3) Badminton . I think they are four courts but it is popular , so advance booking is needed.
4) Ping Pong , I think they are 2 ping pong tables.
5) Tennis courts. 3 courts ? with an additional practise court ( those that you hit the ball towards the wall and it bounces back ) , When you play tennis, you will be looking over rpgc ( royal perak golf club)
6) Squash courts , I think there are four to five squash courts, with one squash courts that has a full spectator seating .
7) Sauna , two saunas . Used to be only 1 and I think it gets popular so now they have 2 .
8) Library . good library with new addition of books every mth, Members can suggest books to be added to the library.
9)Multi Purpose hall - to hold functions. presentations and ball room dancing lessons
10 ) Bar/Karaoke - a bar that magically transforms into karaoke , every weekend i think.
11) Dining - Fine dining at the second level with a colonial feel, smart casual /formal wear is required. I think this tradition has been passed down since the colonial days. The steak is good ( I love the bombay steak , not sure whether they still have it ) . Also at the base level is open air , same food menu applies . I recommend the wat tan hor. Heard the sifu has been there for almost 30 years and there is a hainanese touch to the cooking . Also good idea to order the ice kacang on a sunny day and sit next to the pool . Kids also love the ice cream corner. ( I was one of them hehehe )
12) Snooker . 2 X snooker table. I think it has the best snooker table in Ipoh. I asked the attendant before and he says it cost around 30 k a table . It is properly maintained because the attendant is very strict
I cant even put the chalk on the edge of the table.
13 ) Study room. A nice study room has replaced the previous arcade/games room ( My hang out place last time
) . I think kids are playing too much games these days and now it has turned into a nice - air conditioned study room which is wifi enabled.
14) Jack pot room . If you dont have anything else to do and have lots of money , you could go there and try your luck
15) Pro shop -- A shop for sports equipment . No excuse if you forget to bring your racquet or swimming costumes , you can always get it there. It is opened by former Thomas Cup winner in the 60s? Mr Ng Boon Bee.
You can always ask him for a tips or two
16) Children's playground - If you are busy playing badminton or hitting the jackpot. you can dump your kids there and it will be autopilot. oh , beware of red ants though. but then again, kids being kids will torture the ants... poor little ants...
17) Reflexology path - If you have absolutely nothing to do and not into gambling and feel like torturing yourself . You can go walk on the reflexology path near the tennis practise court. You can also hone your dodging skills ( like president Bush ) , because the tennis ball at the practise court will be flying to you at 50 km/h per hour ( yes, they are beginners )
well, guess thats all I recalled , might be more that I couldnt recall ,oh and did I tell you Michelle Yeoh's mum always hang out there too ?
and if you are lucky, you could bump into Michelle Yeoh herself hehehe.
All in all, think it is a good place for family to get together and do some sports. Also good for the kids , rather than spending time in shopping malls and online games, the kids will be preoccupied by sports. ISC has a very condusive envinronment to groom kids into the sports they like and who knows? they might achieve national/international level some day
VP sales ISC ( just joking
Damn , I should be holding that position