IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > World Events > Travel
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Travel Discussions about Travels around the World

Old 20-07-2007, 11:09 PM
Mangosteen - The Queen

foon is off the scale
Default Where can I rent a bungalow in Cameron Highlands?

A group of us (at the moment 10 pax only) plan to go to Cameron Highlands for a break and wish to rent a bungalow for that. In the event that we couldn't get a bungalow, we would opt for an apartment. Do you have any place to recommend or do you have any contacts whom I could contact? Your assistance would be appreciated. Thx.
Sponsored Links
Old 21-07-2007, 12:26 AM
Durian - The King

Saippuakauppias is on a distinguished road

hi foon you can try this link if it suits you or there are other options right down below that may better suit your needs
Old 21-07-2007, 12:38 AM
Mangosteen - The Queen

foon is off the scale

Thx SPKP. For the dates that we intend to travel to CH, Hill Top and Bukit Lowick are not available. The contact number found online for Moonlight doesn't seem to work. Smokehouse is not suitable for the group. I have tried to search for a few places but in vain. I am just wondering if any of you in here would have some places to recommend.
Old 21-07-2007, 08:56 AM
Durian - The King

forum_admin has disabled reputation
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by foon
A group of us (at the moment 10 pax only) plan to go to Cameron Highlands for a break and wish to rent a bungalow for that. In the event that we couldn't get a bungalow, we would opt for an apartment. Do you have any place to recommend or do you have any contacts whom I could contact? Your assistance would be appreciated. Thx.

Why don't you call Mr. Wong. His contact info can be found from this link.
Old 21-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Durian - The King

kris is an unknown quantity at this point

A bungalow would be ideal to accomodate 10 people.

There is this old bungalow situated on a hill near Ye Ole Smokehouse, on the left hand side of the road from Tanah Rata(after turning to Bala's Chalet) called Fair Haven. It's a haven up there alright. From the spacious garden, you get beautiful panoramic views of the surroundings including the golf course. The bungalow is a bit old, not so well-maintained but is spacious. Facilites are very basic, almost spartan. It's just nice to accomodate a group of 10 people with 5 bedrooms. Rental is cheap, think it's abt RM350 a night. The live-in caretaker does cater for meals if required(cooking only, food to be bought by guests). Excellent choice for a quiet retreat I'd say. Don't know where I kept the phone no. though, will try to get it on my next trip.

Apartments are plentiful but you'll need to rent 2 units for 10 people.
Old 21-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Mangosteen - The Queen

foon is off the scale

FA, thx for the link.

Thx kris, hope to hear from you soon. We would prefer to get a place for ourselves instead of putting up in apartments, which is very much like we are somewhere in KL except without switching on the air-conditioner.
Old 21-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Durian - The King

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
A bungalow would be ideal to accomodate 10 people.

There is this old bungalow situated on a hill near Ye Ole Smokehouse, on the left hand side of the road from Tanah Rata(after turning to Bala's Chalet) called Fair Haven. It's a haven up there alright. From the spacious garden, you get beautiful panoramic views of the surroundings including the golf course. The bungalow is a bit old, not so well-maintained but is spacious. Facilites are very basic, almost spartan. It's just nice to accomodate a group of 10 people with 5 bedrooms. Rental is cheap, think it's abt RM350 a night. The live-in caretaker does cater for meals if required(cooking only, food to be bought by guests). Excellent choice for a quiet retreat I'd say. Don't know where I kept the phone no. though, will try to get it on my next trip.

Apartments are plentiful but you'll need to rent 2 units for 10 people.

Ah the roadsign leading to it is somewhat hidden but it's a lovely place to stay in Good place for a barbie if wanted and yeah, peekaboo on ghost stories too
Old 27-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Mangosteen - The Queen

foon is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saippuakauppias
Ah the roadsign leading to it is somewhat hidden but it's a lovely place to stay in Good place for a barbie if wanted and yeah, peekaboo on ghost stories too
That's precisely what we intend to do...with the current crime rate, I'm more afraid of human beings than the spirits.

I haven't found a place yet...any other suggestion?
Old 27-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Durian - The King

Quote:
Originally Posted by foon
That's precisely what we intend to do...with the current crime rate, I'm more afraid of human beings than the spirits.

I haven't found a place yet...any other suggestion?

The white house further up ahead? It's a nice place but it's haunted though. Actually haunted since someone did shoot himself in that place years before.
Old 27-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Durian - The King

kris is an unknown quantity at this point

Didn't you manage to book Fair Haven, Foonie?
Sponsored Links