IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Development in Perak > Development in Perak
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Durian - The King

kris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kinta Riverfront Hotel & Service Apartments

This is yet another major development coming up in town - a 20-storey highrise development for a 5-star hotel and service apartments.

If constructed, it is going to be the tallest in town I think, taller than the Ipoh Tower under construction (17-storey?) and it should surpass Kinta Flats built by MBI.

The site is located in Old Town, on the bank of Kinta River near the Jln Lim Bo Seng bridge, opposite Waller Court and across the road from SMI.

The news appeared in the front page the Chinese papers, Perak editon, but has not been mentioned in English papers. Fliers is being distributed all over the town.

The developer is Morubina, who also developed Hillcity Hotel and Condo, Pengkalan Mas shopping centre and Kiara Heights condo in Bercham and they are also involved in the education and retail businesses.

I doubt there is market for service apartments in Ipoh though. 5-star hotel? I don't think so either lah. Another development which is to be seen to be believed!

Just noticed that the payment term is 20%(not 10%) upon signing of S&P and being service apartments, they do not follow the conditions of the standard S&P and are not controlled and protected by the Housing Ministry.

What do you think about the project?

Last edited by kris : 23-06-2007 at 11:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 23-06-2007, 11:26 AM
We must prevail.....
Durian - The King

Ipohite39 is off the scale

I think their Kiara Heights project in Bercham is not fully sold yet. A bit ambitious I would say. Er,.....what are the measures to prevent the overflowing Kinta River from flooding the underground car park? Or is there an underground car park?

All, I can say is if Poi lam doesn't relocate, you can't expect to drive home smoothly at school going and school leaving hours.
Old 23-06-2007, 11:52 AM
Durian - The King

forum_admin has disabled reputation
Lightbulb

It is the First property project that is "Built then Sell" concept in Ipoh.

You need to pay RM5000.00 for the deposit upon booking. You start paying the balance only when the project is completed.
Old 23-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Durian - The King

Quote:
You need to pay RM5000.00 for the deposit upon booking. You start paying the balance only when the project is completed

Are you sure?

It is stated in the flyer (above): 20% SPA = 80% CFO

IJRT I remember seeing the developer's other ad somewhere in IF before.
Old 23-06-2007, 12:15 PM
Durian - The King

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
Are you sure?

Yes, it is confirmed. We are designing their web site at the moment. It should be up in 1 week or two.
Old 23-06-2007, 12:42 PM
Durian - The King

Quote:
Originally Posted by forum_admin
Yes, it is confirmed. We are designing their web site at the moment. It should be up in 1 week or two.

That's a good job for you then, FA.
They shouldn't have stated in the flyers about the 20% upon SPA then cos that would put the buyers off. Booking only, what about signing of SPA?
I can imagine the huge financing cost for the project if the developer were to do that. But, that's all built into the selling price of course.

For Build-then-Sell, the standard SPA is still 10% upon signing, but this project does not come under the jurisdiction of Housing Ministry as mentioned.

Conditions are up to the developer, as per other commercial transactions.
Maintenance charges for service apartments are usually much higher.
Old 23-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Durian - The King

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
Are you sure?

I am sorry. I think you are right. Purchaser have to pay upfront 20% upon signing of SPA. Balance when issuing of the CF.
Old 23-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Primmie
Durian - The King

Primrose Hill is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw an ad the other day, can't recall where, that there are condo at Kiara Heights for sale for as low as RM101k.

Is there a need for a 5-star hotel in Ipoh? Probably not. Is there a need for a service apartment in Ipoh? Probably not. There's no demand for hotel rooms in Ipoh as they do in Penang or KL, with the exception of CNY or race days.

The problem with hotels and/service apartments in Ipoh are maintenance. Due to the lack of demand, there isn't really a drive to maintain or keep these hotel rooms updated. Therefore the rooms are dilapidated and run down. Even Excelsior, Syuen and Casuarina are victims.
Not to mention customer service - places like Clearwater, they never bothered to reply to your emails. Meru are inflexible with their packages. And then you have uptight hotels like Heritage that doesn't like to give out clean towels or give you hot water.

Last edited by Primrose Hill : 23-06-2007 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:23 AM
We must prevail.....
Durian - The King

Ipohite39 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primrose Hill
And then you have uptight hotels like Heritage that doesn't like to give out clean towels or give you hot water.

I am surprised to hear this. I remember all this signages and reminders to guest of the high environmental cost of washing towels and hence only to place them at a designated spot if need to wash them. Didn't know that their in house towel replacement system is so "kiam siap". Don't they have hot/cold water dispensers from those mini-stations at every level?
Old 03-07-2007, 04:06 PM
Primmie
Durian - The King

Primrose Hill is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipohite39
I am surprised to hear this. I remember all this signages and reminders to guest of the high environmental cost of washing towels and hence only to place them at a designated spot if need to wash them. Didn't know that their in house towel replacement system is so "kiam siap". Don't they have hot/cold water dispensers from those mini-stations at every level?

Ipohite, all hotels ask you to conserve towels and will only change if you throw the towels onto the bath tub. But even then Heritage never ever change your towels.

Hot water - I mean hot water for showers and baths. Even Excelsior is a miser on those