IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Ipoh Online Web Forum > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Voice out your thoughts here!

Old 15-03-2007, 12:30 PM
el-Nino
Strawberry

kops is on a distinguished road
Default Fake Education Cert

Recently a guy and his son from Perak they scored max A's (i think 24) in their SPM. Later Edu Dept says no such thing. I've been thinking, do the M'sia education cert has its value? I came across ppl who fake their SPM, Dip or even degree cert to land a job. And come to my surprise, their starting pay is much much higher with same level of education. I still remember got 1 college ( I dun wan to put the name here coz scared got ppl graduate from there) did offer this kind of cert and it's famous for it. Now is totally different. Even printing shop can do the same job with much lower price. And it makes me having a second thought on education. For me education = knowledge and nothing and buy or replace our knowledge. And at the same time education = rice bowl. In this society, our education level is very important to land a good job. Well which one did you'll think is more relevant?
Old 15-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Simple Minded Fellow
Durian - The King

Oldtimer is an unknown quantity at this point

kops,
A fake certificate, diploma or degree may get one inside the door, but "Paper Cannot Wrap the Fire" so to speak. Once the real job begins, one has to earn it with true knowledge, unless the employment is with a govt. dept., where no one else is watching over what you're doing. (Disclaimer: Of course not all govt. agencies or jobs are like that, but they tend to be more common than the private sector jobs.)
OT
Old 15-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Durian - The King

kanden is off the scale

there's no integrity in that action. n i cannot imagine living in such a fraud existence where each day of my work i can be reminded that i'm not worth what i'm paid.

like OT said, the truth will come out sooner or later.
yet, performance at work is often not related to academic results.
even if there r pple who r tempted to "cheat" their employers this way, hope they will work hard n smart to deserve their starting salary.
anyway, this "scam" can only be used once or twice during the initial working stages. thereafter, not much value or emphasis is placed on certs.

- from the Dhammapada (Sayings of the Buddha)
Old 15-03-2007, 07:24 PM
el-Nino
Strawberry

kops is on a distinguished road

I'm totally agreed wth you 2 guys. But the fact is in Bolehland $$$ can do almost anything it seems . Just imagine 1 hard earned eduaction cert and 1 with the bought cert. Both went to an interview and the cheater got the job. Where is justice man? It's not right to blame the cheater but those who supply the cert. So the gomen should do something here, not tutup mata right???
Old 15-03-2007, 07:47 PM
The makcik!
Durian - The King

Yugi is an unknown quantity at this point

Heard of this fake cert when studied in first U. The boy resigned from college because he got jalan getting a fake cert. Never heard of his news after all... he was one of those kind when working together in the cafeteria. Smart but not in the right way... sigh. Educated knowledge or $$$
Old 16-03-2007, 08:57 AM
Mangosteen - The Queen

foon is off the scale

If a person may purchase a degree or even a PhD online without having to go through any lesson, coursework or whatsoever, what is so new with getting a fake certificate? This SPM fake certificate only showed that people start from young to cheat and it's such a disgrace.
Old 16-03-2007, 09:18 AM
The makcik!
Durian - The King

I should have buy one PhD fake cert rather than wasting my time, hur! Somehow, I do value my effort more than a piece of paper that I get. There are many youths do buy cert and back home; there are still many hard work ppls not doing so. How to avoid it? Kops is requesting. Do society needs to emphasize on knowledge more on the standardized testing with A over Asss...? Community members, where are u?
Old 16-03-2007, 01:44 PM
Durian - The King

kanden is off the scale

having learnt how to learn is much more impt than just having learnt

- from the Dhammapada (Sayings of the Buddha)
Old 16-03-2007, 07:53 PM
The makcik!
Durian - The King

Should we stop announcing the As and Ass... students up front? Do employers consider a certification validation state in their application? Or the sign on "I acknolwedge I provide valid information in my application" is enough? Just some suggestions.
Old 17-03-2007, 11:14 AM
Simple Minded Fellow
Durian - The King

Oldtimer is an unknown quantity at this point

Following is an article copied from the Star Online News.

‘24 As’ dad explains why he falsified SPM result slips

THE man who recently announced that he and his son had obtained 24 1As each in the SPM examination explained that it was a strategy to motivate his son, Kosmo! reported.
The man, who did not want to be identified, agreed to be interviewed after several attempts and explained why he falsified result slips.
“I am only trying to motivate my son, who is in Form Five now, to strive for the best,” he said at his house in Ipoh.
“Every parent has different ways of motivating their children. This is my way of achieving it.
“My son is taking 12 subjects, and I told him that if he studied hard enough, he could achieve not just 12 1As but even 24 1As. This is to tell him that with enough effort he can achieve anything,'' he added. The man is also confident his actions are not against the law and does not fear being questioned by the authorities.

With such a Moron Dad giving that kind of a lame excuse, I bet the son is finding places to hide.
OT
Sponsored Links