IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Sports > Formula 1
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Formula 1 Welcome to the fast moving world of motorsports...

Old 22-05-2006, 01:46 PM
The Legend aka Racist Mod
Durian - The King

RawFlesh is an unknown quantity at this point

Alvin,

Could you do me a big favour and PM anytime there's a race around and near Ipoh & KL?

Anyhow.... Would you be interested to for a team of 4 for a 1hr endurance race? It's the Aussie Alumni thing. At the moment, no confirm dates, venue or entrance fee. But it should be around June/July, most likely Shah Alam or USJ track. Costs, I can't remember what I paid 2 yrs ago or was that one year ago? I can't even remember

This invitation to form a team is open to all forummers. We can call ourselves the Ipoh.com team.... I wonder if Ipoh.com will sponsor us?

At the moment, I guess it's only my bro n I. I need to confirm wit my bro, but he should be alrite.

WHY so SERIOUS?
Sponsored Links
Old 25-05-2006, 02:34 PM
Banana

alvinkhorfire is off the scale

Sure. If I get any infomation, I will certainly post it in this forum and pm you for sure! But if you really in need of the information, you can just call directly the track owner of the Riverside Kart Circuit since most of my information comes from him.

Is there any official website for the aussie alumni so that I can know more about the race? What are the rules and the format of the race? Anyway, RawFlesh, thanks for the invitation. I am affaid I am not up to your standard in go-kart racing since I am still inexperienced in racing. Obviously, you need additional 2 good racer so that the Ipoh.com team can mount a serious challenge in the race. I was not sure that I am good enough for the race. Anyway, thanks again for asking.

So, whether it is in Shah Alam or USJ track, I think you all should train at the track to famliarlise with the track layout. Perhaps, think of any race strategies.

Okay, RawFlesh , do you remember that KHS_Ipoh asked us to contact Suki Motor? Well, I have contacted Ah Kian at 017-5733195 from Suki Motor. What Ah Kian said is just the same as KHS_Ipoh said. The Suki Motor still have 4 used go-karts with them and they are now racing mountain bikes. The Manjung Track is somewhere the Lumut Port. More update on Manjung track later.

Note: Anyone who has posted to me, please wait for my reply in about 4-6 days. I am a social internet surfer who surf once or twice per week. Anyway, I will certainly reply to those concerned. Thank you for your patience.
Old 26-05-2006, 12:09 PM
Durian - The King

Fire,

U seem to know alot about the karting events, so I take you've been to quite a few.... Anyhow, the only way we'll know if you're good or not, is to find out on the track..... Weeknights ok wit you?

At the moment, i dont know if there's any website wit da info.... I'm waiting for my Prez to get back to me on the info.... Dont even know wen yet... June or July I heard.... It's 1 hr, so each driver needs to race 20min n come in within a certain window.... Cost, not sure yet...... But everything else, i would think are similar to normal kart enduro events.....

Eddie,

Would u like to join us? And bring ur friends along..... Hey, u also a aussie grad, do u know if ur Uni's Alumni(which one is that?) is entering the challenge also? If not, you're more than welcome to join us. Looking for good racers.... Last time round, it was 3 teams we formed on the day itself, coz we didnt know who was coming or not....

Any other racers out there? Any Aussie grad also? Pls note that each team will have to have a minimum of 1 aussie grad to be in the Alumni category... Otherwise, it's the open category which has more experienced racers.... (but we can surprise them)

WHY so SERIOUS?
Old 26-05-2006, 05:09 PM
Very Junior Member
Papaya

semut is off the scale

RawFlesh,

Are you talking about the Go-Kart Challenge organised by the Malaysian Australian Alumni Council (MAAC)? They have organised such event for the past few years, alumni and open categories as you described.

No info on their website though. Seems like the website has not been updated for years now.
Old 27-05-2006, 12:14 PM
Durian - The King

Yes, that's what I'm talking about.... Are you interested to join me and my bro? This is still open to everyone..... If we can get 8 ppl, my bro n I can split to form 2 teams for Murdoch Uni....

If you're also an Aussie grad but ur Uni isn't entering, you're free to join us under MU's banner...

My Prez is the Prez of e Alumni this year(I think that's wat he said) & wen I asked him bout the race(coz last year there wasn't any), he said this year will be either in June or July.... They're still trying to finalise the dates....

Anyhow, I'll update the info of e race once I get it. Stay posted - WATCH THIS SPACE

WHY so SERIOUS?
Old 29-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Very Junior Member
Papaya

semut is off the scale

RawFlesh,

Yes I'm also Aussie grad. Also MU but different MU.

My uni for the past 2 or 3 years, entered. And they won something in 2004 I think. But I never had the chance to join. Always timing not correct. Plus I never drive a Go-Kart before.
Old 29-05-2006, 02:07 PM
Durian - The King

2 yrs ago, it was the only time i entered, but we had a malfunctioning kart, but got a respectable result(can't quite remember, but I know it wasn't last ).... The problem was that, when we turned right, we would loose drive, so we were very slow coming out from right handers.

Melbourne Uni, isit?

Anyhow, I'll keep you posted when the dates has been confirmed. My Jun & Jul are also looking busy, hopefully, it's on the dates when I'm free.

If you haven't karted b4, pls go join your own MU team

WHY so SERIOUS?
Old 29-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Very Junior Member
Papaya

semut is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawFlesh
Melbourne Uni, isit?
It is not.
Old 29-05-2006, 04:36 PM
Durian - The King

Quote:
Originally Posted by semut
It is not.
Okla.... Which one then? Why so secretive about ur Uni.... Monash Uni?

WHY so SERIOUS?
Old 31-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Banana

alvinkhorfire is off the scale

There are 4 owners of the Manjung Track, all of them are Chinese. I have info of the 2 people only, which is
1. Mr Ng 0195570513
2. Mr Lee 0125222335

I am not sure where it is. If I am not wrong, it is somewhere near the Lumut port.

Note: Anyone who has posted to me, please wait for my reply in about 4-6 days. I am a social internet surfer who surf once or twice per week. Anyway, I will certainly reply to those concerned. Thank you for your patience.
Sponsored Links