IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Gossip... > Celebrities
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Celebrities Gossiping about Celebrities

Old 24-02-2011, 06:17 PM
fortune
Durian - The King

fortune is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to fortune
Default Daphne Eleanor Iking

KUALA LUMPUR: Actress and TV personality Daphne Eleanor Iking (pic) has confirmed rumours on the Internet she has converted to Islam and married businessman Azmi Abdul Rahman, otherwise known as Joe.

The 32-year-old Sabahan confirmed her marriage in an interview with The Malay Mail.

For almost two years now, Daphne has been a party in a court case in which her former husband, Ryan Chong Yiing Yih, 33, filed a private summons against corporate figure Darren Choy Khin Ming, 46, under Section 498 of the Penal Code for “enticing or taking away or detaining with a criminal intent a married woman”.

Since then, the winner of the 23rd Malaysian Film Festival’s Most Promising Actress for her role in Belukar has been the centre of much gossip involving her personal life.

“When we decided to get married, naturally, conversion was a big issue,” she said.

“It took me some time because I did not want to convert simply for the sake of marriage alone.”

Daphne said she finally felt she was ready to take the plunge last December. She went ahead with embracing Islam and the solemnisation ceremony, or akad nikah, both on Jan 8.

“A small celebration was held after the nikah with my family in my hometown with my nearest and dearest.”

Daphne has one child, four-year-old Isobel Daniella Iking.

“My extended family in the ntv7 production team and, of course, the Celepets (comprising celebrities Atilia Haron, Aishah Sinclair, Sazzy Falak, Dynas Moktar , Yasmin Hani and Serena Choong) were in the know."

Being her second attempt at nuptial bliss, Daphne said she thought t h e actual marriage was more important
than the wedding itself.

“For now, we’ve planned a closed event for orphans as well as some close friends here.”

The co-host of ntv7’s Bella, along with beauties Deborah Henry and Elaine Daly, shrugged off the couple’s silence over the marriage.

“We were introduced through mutual friends and we are business partners,” she said, while reluctant to divulge more details.

“He is a businessman and keeps a low profile, so he prefers not to be interviewed or to be in the spotlight.”

The couple were spotted along with production colleagues at the Mary J. Blige concert in Kuala Lumpur recently

Last edited by fortune : 24-02-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 26-02-2011, 12:42 PM
fortune
Durian - The King

News
Home > News > Nation
Saturday February 26, 2011

Daphne is Dahlia with a new darling

By NOORSILA ABD MAJID
newsdesk@thestar.com.my

KUALA LUMPUR: Celebrity Daphne Iking has made the headlines again, this time for a much happier reason – she has married for a second time. The lucky guy is her one-time business partner Azmi Abdul Rahman.

Daphne, 31, who adopted the Muslim name of Dahlia when she converted in January, said she and her husband, who is also known to their friends as Joe, dated for more than a year before deciding to tie the knot.

They got married on Jan 8 in a simple akad nikah ceremony at her hometown in Penampang, Sabah, witnessed by family members and friends.

The couple started off as business partners, working on projects like 2REDchairs (www.2redchairs.tumblr.com), a street discussion on so-called taboo subjects, like religion, transgender and homosexuality.

They broke up before – for a while – as she was not sure if their relationship would work.

“I told him ‘let’s just stick to being business partners’. But he is really my jodoh (perfect match).

“He’s been my rock after the failure of my first marriage became a public issue,” she told the Daily Chilli, the news portal of The Star.

Speaking on her conversion to Islam, the TV personality who was recently seen as one of the show hosts of the Seri Angkasa Awards, said: “Islam is a beautiful religion. I’ve been studying it, especially after all the trials and turbulence in my life.”

Daphne was embroiled in a controversy over a suit brought by her first husband, Ryan Chong, against businessman Darren Choy for seducing her, with the intention of having sexual intercourse between July 2007 and September 2008.

Daphne and Ryan married on Jan 27, 2007 in Bali and she has a daughter, Isobel Daniella Iking-Chong. They divorced in 2009.

Joe, in his 30s, told the portal he is not concerned about his wife’s past.

“In Islam, it’s my duty, as a husband, to guide, protect and take good care of my wife.

“We married to avoid fitnah (slander),” he said.

A second chance at love: Daphne and Azmi dated for more than a year before tying the knot. Daphne says Azmi has been her ‘rock’.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2011/2/26/nation/8142396&sec=nation
Old 07-03-2011, 05:47 PM
fortune
Durian - The King

In a shocking turn of events, Darren Choy has declared that he is not the biological father of Isobel Daniella Iking Chong. He has also been acquitted and discharged of his enticement case involving showbiz personality Daphne Iking.

The parties in the case reached a settlement involving a public apology by Choy to Iking's ex-husband Ryan Chong Yiing Yih, said Choy's lawyer Datuk Jagjit Singh Monday.

Corporate figure Choy was discharged and acquitted from the charge of enticing TV presenter Daphne Iking after the complainant in the case, Iking's ex-husband Chong, withdrew the private prosecution.

Magistrate Engku Ahmad Rashdi Engku Abdillah made the decision on Monday after being informed by Choy's lawyer Jagjit that the parties in the case have reached a settlement that involved a public apology by Choy to Chong.

In the statement read out in court by Jagjit Monday, Choy declared:

1. I, Darren Choy, does duly hereby acknowledge that my relationship with Daphne Iking has caused embarrassment and humiliation to Ryan Chong, his parents, siblings and relatives.

2. I do further acknowledge that my relationship with Daphne Iking has resulted in a private prosecution by Ryan Chong against me being the subject matter of the current proceedings in court.

3. I regret that the issues raised in the cross-examination by my counsel may have tarnished and sullified the reputation, character and image of Ryan Chong, his parents, siblings and relatives.

4. I further acknowledge the allegations:

i) that Ryan Chong has promised money to any woman in China for keeping confidential any relationship in China;
ii) that Ryan Chong has promised Daphne Iking money when she agreed to marry Ryan Chong;
iii) that Ryan Chong was promised inheritance by his grandfather;

on hindsight may now appear to be questionable and I do hereby retract these allegations.

5. I do hereby state that I am not the biological father of Isabel Daniella Iking Chong.

6. I do hereby tender my sincere and unreserved apology to Ryan Chong, his parents and siblings.

It is understood that the apology will be published in major newspapers Tuesday.

http://www.dailychilli.com/news/10107-darren-choy-is-not-father-of-daphne-ikings-child

Sponsored Links