IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > World Events > Politics
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19-07-2013, 09:54 PM
Durian - The King

ipohan is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Give evidence, Bersih tells voters

PETALING JAYA: Bersih 2.0 is now calling for the public to submit evidence of election fraud to the People’s Tribunal which will be set up soon. A voter can submit evidence of irregularities such as:
  • unable to vote;
  • prevented from voting;
  • offered monetary incentive (bribe) or gifts to vote for a particular party;
  • did not register but found your name and address on the electoral roll; and
  • threatened or told you will be denied benefits
People are required to submit a brief summary of the information via email to the People’s Tribunal Secretariat at bersih.tribunal@gmail.com by Aug 16. Meeting arrangements would be organised if deemed necessary.

The People’s Tribunal, though has no legal bearing, is set up to investigate claims that the May 5 general election was rigged and to compel the authorities to correct the wrongs.

Bersih 2.0 steering committee member Maria Chin Abdullah said the tribunal would convene from Sept 15 to 23.

She also told FMT that response had been “overwhelming” since Bersih announced the setting up of the tribunal, with information flooding in to the committee from all over the country.

“We have received a lot of evidence, but we would like to get more from the public,” she said.

The Barisan Nasional retained power in the general election by obtaining 133 out of 222 parliamentary seats.

Their victory was, however, marred by criticism of vote-buying, manipulations and the use of indelible ink which could be easily washed off.
Sponsored Links