IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Ipoh Online Web Forum > General Discussion
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Voice out your thoughts here!

Old 24-02-2012, 05:24 AM

white_monkey is on a distinguished road
Default long-term parking at medan gopeng bus station

hello people, i am planning on taking a trip out of malaysia soon, and having checked the prices of long-term parking at klia, am looking at alternative options. my question - if i drive to ipoh to take the bus/train to KL, is it possible to park my car there safely, and without it breaking the bank?

my understanding is that the train station is in a different part of town to the bus station, so how about parking near there, if i decide to take the train instead?

thank u for any help on this matter.

wm
Sponsored Links
Old 24-02-2012, 06:59 AM
Durian - The King

Uncle-Cle is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Uncle-Cle

You did not tell us how many days you intend to park.

One week, three weeks or over 30 days?

Long term parking is always expensive everywhere & not necessary KLIA. I do not think anyone can guarantee the safety of your car

Why not take a bus to from from the airport.
Old 24-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Artistic Geek
Watermelon

sleekk is on a distinguished road

If your car is parked more than a couple of days, someone will sure to notice and break into your car. The best solution is to ask a family member or friend to drive you to the bus terminal or train station, or take a taxi there. The taxi cost would be less than the cost of long-term parking, and there is no risk of a car break-in. If you are not aware, there are bus services like Yo-Yo that go straight to KLIA or LCCT, so that you don't have to change bus/train at KL Sentral.
Old 24-02-2012, 01:27 PM
We must prevail.....
Durian - The King

Ipohite39 is off the scale

Park at Medan Gopeng for long periods? I wouldn't recommend that. Nor anywhere in Ipoh for that matter.
Old 24-02-2012, 09:22 PM

white_monkey is on a distinguished road

thank you to those who replied. i would be leaving my car there for ten days or so. i wrongly assumed that any long-term parking facilities would be secure. that is quite normal in most places u r paying for parking, but clearly not in ipoh. i would be travelling from gerik to ipoh, leaving the car there and then taking a bus to KL. there are only two buses a day from gerik to KL, and they do not suit my times at all, which is why i planned to drive first to ipoh and then take the bus from there. taking a taxi from gerik to ipoh will cost me more than long term parking i think (around 160 ringgit). so i am back to square one. but thanks again anyway.
Old 25-02-2012, 04:26 AM
...my eyes are watching!!
Durian - The King

hop hop is off the scale
Send a message via AIM to hop hop

Hi WM,
I have had similar problem sometime ago, and it took me a long time before I managed to secure a parking spot from a friend. May I suggest that you contact Tower Regency Hotel and propose that you pay them to park in their parking space. They have plenty of undercover parking space. You can also try other hotels around town that have parking spaces eg, Excelsior and Impiana (formerly Casuarina Hotel). As far as security is concern, you may have to 'pay' somebody to keep it safe. As mentioned, there is no such thing as fully secured parking place in Ipoh.
Old 25-02-2012, 09:33 AM
Artistic Geek
Watermelon

sleekk is on a distinguished road

Parking at paid parking areas, even in a hotel's parking, is not safe.The management will disclaim all responsibilities if anything should happen to the car, especially when the car doesn't belong to a hotel guest.

There is no guaranteed safe place to park a car, not in Ipoh, KL or even KLIA. You must remember that this is Malaysia! The risk is not a car break-in but that the car get stolen. Thieves nowadays seldom break into a car unless they detect that there is an electronic equipment like a laptop computer. They seldom go for coins or radios nowadays.

If you thought of taking the bus to KL, you could take the bus to Ipoh instead, and change to either an express bus or the ETS (electric train) to KL. There are express buses to KL every half an hour from Medan Gopeng but only Plusliner buses stop at KL Sentral. Plusliner buses leave on the half-hour, eg 9.30, 10.30, 11.30, etc.
Old 28-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Mangosteen - The Queen

Klik KloK is on a distinguished road

I assume that you are unable to get anyone to send you from Gerik to Ipoh or to find a friend who can watch over your car in Ipoh or KL.

You may:
1) take a bus from Gerik to Ipoh and change to YoYo bus direct to KLIA.
2) park at Ipoh Heritage hotel - free parking but no guarantee.
Old 29-02-2012, 09:46 AM
We must prevail.....
Durian - The King

Ipohite39 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klik KloK
2) park at Ipoh Heritage hotel - free parking but no guarantee.

KK,

Parking at their basement is chargeable. I suppose you are referring to the road level spots. There is a restaurant at one end. That end should be free.