IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Spiritualism > Understanding Islam
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2015, 10:26 PM
Durian - The King

ipohan is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation The dangerous Malay

The most dangerous threat to the Malaysian government is not an invading army, a contagious disease, or a nuclear threat. It is the thinking Malay.

The young man mentioned below is just one example of the thinking Malay. There are others like him. Young and old. Rich and poor. In Msia and overseas. They are around.

Just over a year ago (October 19 2014), a young pharmacist Syed Azmi Alhabshi organised the “I Want to Touch a Dog” event at Bandar Utama. He didn’t expect such a huge response, when over 1,000 people –Muslims and non-Muslims – turned up.

Whilst man and beast were having lots of fun, in other parts of the country, some Malays were fuming. They saw Syed Azmi as a threat.

Syed Azmi may have united Malaysians but he was alienating some conservative Muslims in Malaysia. As we know, his innocent “dog touching event” was a defining moment in 21st Century Malaysian history.

The Internet was flooded with photos of tudung-clad girls smiling with their favourite dogs, Malay toddlers chasing German Shepherds, elderly Muslim couples stroking contented looking Labradors and Malay teenagers playing with Cocker Spaniels.

Malays and non-Malays were getting to know one another, through another of God’s creatures. The people learnt to bond – not just dog with humans, but Muslims and non-Muslims.

You would have thought that any Malaysian, including the political leaders, would have been pleased to see harmony in action. People forgot their inhibitions. They did not see themselves as people of different faiths or races. They interacted with one another, with help from the dogs.

Before you could say, “woof-woof”, in waded society’s party pooper, Jakim, to spoil all the fun. Its director-general, Othman Mustapha, was furious. He barked that the programme should not have taken place to begin with.

“Jakim would investigate the matter immediately,” he added.

He was followed by a Kelantan ulama who cried “Repent. Repent. Repent.” Other conservative Muslims claimed that the ulamas were being insulted.

If anyone needs their heads examined, it is these people.

Continue
Sponsored Links