IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Spiritualism > Understanding Islam
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25-09-2015, 10:42 PM
Durian - The King

ipohan is an unknown quantity at this point
Question No tudung, so what! Just leave Hajar Nur Asyiqin alone

by Mariam Mokhtar

PASSING BY: When a Malay succeeds, other not so accomplished Malays will use emotional blackmail to make the successful Malays feel guilty, and put them down. Perhaps, they are envious of that person's achievements; but if the target of their rebuke ignores them, the bigots will work on the conscience of their victim's parents, to pressure them, so that the bigots will eventually gain the desired outcome.

Hajar Nur Asyiqin Abdul Zubir, an 18-year-old, from Pahang, was awarded a Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) scholarship to read Chemistry at the University of Oxford. While the nation rejoices in her success, the religious bigots have decided to attack her dress code.

They belittle her success, because she does not wear the tudung. One person denounced her, on Facebook, and said that her father will bear her sins, because she refused the tudung.

Another person wanted the scholarship terms to include a mandatory wearing of the tudung.

One of the more inane comments came from someone called Mohd Khairudzaman Bahaudin, who said “All right, congratulations, Allah hates His servants who do not cover their ‘aurat’, we succeed not because we’re clever”.

How shortsighted can Mohd Khairudzaman be? What are his views on corruption, and Muslim injustice, like towing the Rohingya boats to sea, to stop them entering Malaysia?

Malays will not be satisfied, if one of them excels in a chosen field. One Malay mother, whose daughter was attacked in a similar fashion a decade ago said, "Many Malays have crab mentality. The bigots will find something, however insignificant or unimportant, to attack a successful Malay. Malays have this particularly destructive trait."

- See more at: http://www.theantdaily.com/Main/No-t....ok2GL5e7.dpuf
Sponsored Links