IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Ipoh Online Web Forum > General Discussion
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Voice out your thoughts here!

Old 04-05-2006, 07:33 AM
Rambutan

rakyat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ipoh crimes

Isn't this scary? It used to be that kidnappers target the wealthy but now they kidnap for RM1000 ransom.

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/printfr...05995,00.html?
The Electric New Paper : ROGUE COPS They drag man off motorbike, kidnap him MOTORCYCLIST M Krishnan, 44, was on his way home in Ipoh at about 9pm on Monday when four men in a red Proton Iswara intercepted him. 04 May 2006 MOTORCYCLIST M Krishnan, 44, was on his way home in Ipoh at about 9pm on Monday when four men in a red Proton Iswara intercepted him.
The men dragged Mr Krishnan off his bike, handcuffed him and then forced him into the their vehicle, where he was roughed up, reported Malaysian papers.
The bike was left lying by the side of the main road in Menglembu.
The alleged kidnappers then contacted his wife to demand RM1,000 ($435) for his release.
They threatened to kill Mr Krishnan if she did not pay up.
The distressed woman, who is an Ipoh City Council employee, retrieved her husband's abandoned motorcycle, and then notified the police.
She went on to meet the alleged kidnappers to pay the ransom.
At around 11.30pm, the plucky wife rode her husband's motorcycle to the agreed meeting place, a roundabout near Silibin.
The situation took a more dramatic turn when the gang noticed that the police had followed Mrs Krishnan to the scene.
The suspects reversed their car, and attempted to pull away.
In their bid to escape, they knocked into the rider's wife, who was on her husband's motorcycle, causing her to fall and scrape her left leg.
By this time, the police had surrounded the area.
The cops moved in and freed
Mr Krishnan, but the suspects put up a fight.
One officer fired a warning shot, but one of the suspects was very agitated, and tried to escape.
The officers were forced to shoot him in the ribs.
Then came the surprise. Two of the alleged kidnappers were police constables.
According to China Press, more than T100 members of the public gathered at the scene, which was near a roundabout, to watch the drama unfold.
The crowd dispersed after the alleged kidnappers were arrested and taken away in patrol cars.
After all four suspects were rounded up, the one who was injured was sent to the Ipoh General Hospital for treatment.
His condition is stable.
The police have confirmed that the kidnapper who was shot was not one of the rogue cops.
He and another suspect have criminal records for robbery and theft.
They are unemployed.
The other two suspects are police constables from the Batu Gajah district police headquarters.
The kidnapped motorcyclist, who works in a market, was also injured.
He and his wife were sent to the hospital for treatment.
Ipoh deputy police chief Superintendent Razali Abdul Razak told the Malaysian papers that they recovered a car, a pair of handcuffs, and a packet suspected to contain drugs at the scene.
The police are investigating the case.
They have not ruled out motives other than robbery.

男人不 坏 女人不爱

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2006, 03:57 PM
Pomelo

ipohmali70 is off the scale

Sigh... this incident sends the shivers up my spine. Only in Bolehland can you get real policemen victimising the rakyat..
Old 04-05-2006, 04:15 PM
Durian - The King

Uncle-Cle is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Uncle-Cle

QUOTE:M Krishnan, 44, was on his way home in Ipoh at about 9pm on Monday when four men in a red Proton Iswara intercepted him.
The men dragged Mr Krishnan off his bike, handcuffed him and then forced him into the their vehicle, where he was roughed up, reported Malaysian papers.
The bike was left lying by the side of the main road in Menglembu.
The alleged kidnappers then contacted his wife to demand RM1,000 ($435) for his release.
They threatened to kill Mr Krishnan if she did not pay up.UNQOUTE

Wah, ramsom is only $1,000.....so cheap meh?.....maybe it's easier to raise than a few hundred thousands.

So it's easier, faster so they can look for the next target.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:44 AM
Pineapple

Paloh is an unknown quantity at this point

aih... bad image of malaysian police force... until when will they start to potray a good image of a law enforcer??? it's like the malay proverb 'bagai ketam mengajar anaknya berjalan'... i also feel ashame when i heard of the word 'Menglembu' being mentioned on TV... My home la... very peaceful chinese community la... but this changes everything... sigh... even worse, kidnap a poor pasar seller uncle... hey... they also need to tighten their belly to let ends meet k... have mercy on them la... kidnap also kidnap a richer guy... haha... just joking...
Old 05-05-2006, 09:33 PM
Durian - The King

kanden is off the scale

i think that was plain stupidity. if wanna be criminal, also gunalah otak a bit

- from the Dhammapada (Sayings of the Buddha)
Old 05-05-2006, 10:07 PM
Rambutan

Luckily for the law abiding people, these jokers were not too smart

男人不 坏 女人不爱

Old 11-05-2006, 07:58 AM
Rambutan

Do you notice that nowadays there seem to be more of these sick ppl?

The Electric New Paper : THEY SUFFERED NO HARM Schoolgirls escape bungling kidnapper Man on mobike offers girls lift saying their school bus broke down
He leaves one at petrol station, abandons other after she raises alarm
A MAN'S plans to spirit away two young schoolgirls in Ipoh went awry yesterday. 11 May 2006 A MAN'S plans to spirit away two young schoolgirls in Ipoh went awry yesterday.
At about 6am yesterday, the man, described as being between 30 and 40, approached two schoolgirls who were waiting for their bus.
He told them that the bus had broken down and that he would give them a ride to school on his motorcycle.
He mentioned the driver's name, the name of the bus company as well as the bus' license plate number.
The younger girl, Vanitha, 8, got on his motorcycle and he took her to a cafe at a petrol station, reported Malaysian newspapers.
He told her to wait there and that a van would pick her up later.
He then went back for the second girl, 10-year-old Tharsinimala.
The alert youngster went with him, but realised that something was wrong when he headed towards the expressway.
She realised that this was not the route to her school.
She began shouting, forcing her abductor to stop near the Jelapang toll plaza, reported the New Straits Times.
A passer-by saw her crying and stopped to help. His arrival scared the alleged kidnapper off and the passer-by took the girl to her school.
Meanwhile, some customers at the cafe noticed Vanitha loitering around.
They thought she might have run away from school and questioned her.
Dental surgeon S Thanaletchumy was jogging in the area and recognised Vanitha as a friend's daughter.
She took Vanitha to school where they met Tharsinimala.
POLICE REPORT
They managed to piece the story together and realised both girls had narrowly escaped being abducted. The girls were taken to the police station to make a report.
The driver of the school bus, V Arul, 34, had also made a police report when he realised that two children on his bus were missing.
Perak Criminal Investigation Department chief A Paramasivam said that the suspect was unkempt and had some white hair. The police are investigating.

男人不 坏 女人不爱

Old 11-05-2006, 10:11 AM
Strawberry

Babyripp is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Babyripp Send a message via Yahoo to Babyripp

rm1000... 3 kidnappers... rm333 per person.. for all the risks and trouble u get only rm333. and for the huge burden on ur conscience too.. totally not worth it. cops dun get paid enough too i guess.. probably the gov shud consider adding another rm300 on their allowance

I remember when i was 12, I was walking with my good friend along ss19/2 in Subang Jaya when an unmarked red van stopped beside us.. he first asked for direction, and we gave him that clearly.. he continues to be puzzled and told us to get in and show him the way.. then we ignored him and walked away. Cannot imagine what would happen otherwise..
Sponsored Links