IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Performing Arts > All about Music
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

All about Music Share your information or discuss any topics on music, whether it is song, classical, rock & etc...

Old 01-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Mangosteen - The Queen

aen is off the scale
Default American Idol 2006 - Season 5

I'm surprised that no one mentioned abt this popular reality show this time around . what's wrong ? is the popularity amongst malaysians fading ? or is it because of the dwindling quality of the contestants ?

Anyway, here's a quick recap for those who missed the earliar parts of the show.

The final 24 were picked from various cities' auditions plus 3 round of painstaking auditions in hollywood. Of the 24, 12 girls and 12 boys, 4 already been voted off through the first round of fans' voting. Those voted out were :

1. Becky O'Donohue - her look's great but her vocal sucks ... i thought she might be able to survive the cut with that pretty face a little longer, oh well. the ever sarcastic simon cowell even told her to try modelling instead in his parting advice to her.

2. Stevie Scott - I'm fairly dissapointed she's been voted off. I mean - not that this girl's bad at singing, she just wasn't good at choosing what's good for herself. i thought the americans would give her a chance to make ammends ..too bad.

3.Bobby Bennett - Apparently he chose 'Capacabana' because his grandma wanted him to sing that song in the competition..so there u have it - Grandma 's happy but the americans weren't.

4. Patrick Hall - he's a nice guy with good vocals - errhhmm...maybe mr. nice guy can't last in competitions eh ..

...anyone else follow the show ?
Old 01-03-2006, 05:02 PM
Primmie
Durian - The King

Primrose Hill is an unknown quantity at this point

Too much reality programmes recently. American idol, big brother, celebrity fit club, etc.
What's wrong with TV producers these days I suppose these are cheap to produce and easy entertainment and chalk up huge ratings
Old 01-03-2006, 08:01 PM
Mangosteen - The Queen

aen is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primrose Hill
Too much reality programmes recently. American idol, big brother, celebrity fit club, etc.
What's wrong with TV producers these days I suppose these are cheap to produce and easy entertainment and chalk up huge ratings

why are they so popular u said.....well, it's because of the innate - busy body nature of human lor. we just love to get all the insight of other ppl's business.
Old 15-03-2006, 02:55 PM
Banana

Rhiney is off the scale

I'm watching it! Katharine McPhee has unlimited potential, love her jazziness and soulful voice. She's my favourite.
Old 20-03-2006, 01:42 PM

Sensates is on a distinguished road

hehe.. finally I can post here. Been trying for ages ald...

I just watched a few episodes, some auditions and qualifying rounds, and I still thought the show is pretty good. Some of the participants are really talented singers.
Sponsored Links