IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Ipoh Food Court > Malay or Muslim Cuisine
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15-08-2006, 10:16 PM
Whatever will be, will be
Durian - The King

AwekIpoh is on a distinguished road
Default Satay endut

Hi Makanland,

Do you guys and girls agreed that Satay Endut is the best satay in Ipoh?

If not agree, please suggest and give information of which satay is also good besides satay endut.

Enjoy your makan treat in Ipoh
Sponsored Links
Old 16-08-2006, 03:02 AM
Starfruit

ultra is on a distinguished road

Umm... where do i find this satay endut thingy?
Old 16-08-2006, 08:33 AM
Strawberry

Babyripp is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Babyripp Send a message via Yahoo to Babyripp

it was just last week that i roamed the town looking for satay and finally ended up opposite wooley for some of the satay endut. It was nice.. better than expected. but the peanut sauce is a bit to thin..

I was told that the best satay with very thick peanut sauce can be found in ipoh garden south in one of the chinese restaurant facing the houses next to the frozen food. I've yet to try but this fren who told me this (boleh percaya punya.. hehe). The satay stall run by a malay guy now starting to venture into nasi lemak too which was said to glisten. (from what I know, glistening nasi lemak is one way you can tell that the ingredients used are optimum)... hmm.. maybe I'll go and have satay tonight...
Old 16-08-2006, 10:07 AM
Watermelon

Gemukkk is an unknown quantity at this point

i use to buy satay from a malay stall on the top floor in silveritage.. even the kuah is good.. during raya or special functions, we even ordered and collect from his house somewhere in rapat jaya..

i'd like to go try the nasi lemak pulak...
Old 16-08-2006, 08:36 PM
Durian - The King

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra
Umm... where do i find this satay endut thingy?

Hi Ultra,

Babyrip already told you where you can try the satay endut, but I also knew that pasar malam in Taman Ipoh Jaya also sell, just look for Satay endut on their display.
Old 16-08-2006, 08:48 PM
Durian - The King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyripp
it was just last week that i roamed the town looking for satay and finally ended up opposite wooley for some of the satay endut. It was nice.. better than expected. but the peanut sauce is a bit to thin..

I was told that the best satay with very thick peanut sauce can be found in ipoh garden south in one of the chinese restaurant facing the houses next to the frozen food. I've yet to try but this fren who told me this (boleh percaya punya.. hehe). The satay stall run by a malay guy now starting to venture into nasi lemak too which was said to glisten. (from what I know, glistening nasi lemak is one way you can tell that the ingredients used are optimum)... hmm.. maybe I'll go and have satay tonight...

Geee.......many thanks for your tips.......and do not forget to let us know your verdict after you try the other thick kacang sauce satay plus the authentic nasi lemak. Where is the stall precisely, thank you.

Also thanks Gemukk for posting here.

As for Ultra, happy trying and tasting. Do let us know your verdict too.
Old 16-08-2006, 09:46 PM
Starfruit

ultra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwekIpoh
Hi Ultra,
Babyrip already told you where you can try the satay endut, but I also knew that pasar malam in Taman Ipoh Jaya also sell, just look for Satay endut on their display.

Oh, thats satay endut opposite Wooley. I tasted it the first time few years ago. i remember it has a funny price back then, not round up figure. well, I would admit it was the best satay i ever has in ipoh
few month back, i went there again for the yummy satay, well, somehow felt a bit disapointed already. it doesn't taste the same anymore. Not as good as I tried it initially. I thought it change taukeh already, not sure though.
Old 16-08-2006, 11:25 PM
Mangosteen - The Queen

aen is off the scale

the original satay endut stall is in that chidren's playground food court where the clock tower is located.
Old 16-08-2006, 11:40 PM
Don't Eat
Durian - The King

HOPI girl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aen
the original satay endut stall is in that chidren's playground food court where the clock tower is located.

The place also known TKK (Taman Kanak Kanak) by the local Malays, just right next to Kamdar. Last time it used to be a playground before they converted it into a food court.
Old 17-08-2006, 04:11 AM
The Kung Fu Tupai
Durian - The King

Chinerama is an unknown quantity at this point

There is also a pretty good satay at Silveritage. Not on the top floor but it's located along the road leading to the bus station. It's located beside a kueh teow goreng stall. The kuey teow goreng is to die for as well soI nhormally go there for satay and that noodle. The noodle guy is super friendly too.
Sponsored Links