IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Ipoh Food Court > Malay or Muslim Cuisine
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2005, 09:45 AM
Starfruit

shashimi is off the scale
Send a message via ICQ to shashimi Send a message via MSN to shashimi Send a message via Yahoo to shashimi Send a message via Skype to shashimi
Quote:
Originally posted by kris:
Shash
This place for a meet-up?
Go there just for the food is OK lah but mana ada kelas??
I find it a bit unhygienic, worse than a lot of the other newer mamak shops actually. [img]smile.gif[/img]
sounds sarcastic [img]graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] anyway, it's juz suggestion as lately i neva eat nasi kandar...so a bit dspret for it
well,there's some mamak stall is not bad l;ike the 1 in Tesco..not that dirty also when i went there last time..
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2005, 10:09 AM
Guava

frankie99 is off the scale
Quote:
Originally posted by kungfucandy:
Well kas-kas is harmless in small doses..
Yea like Ipohite39 said, the authorities should do something about it.

Hey guys, does anyone knows anywhere to get really really good Nasi Kandar w/o burning a hole in my already empty wallet?
Just one last shot before i go starve myself over at Kiasuland...
kfc, in Kiasuland foods are plenty. Sorry duno what Nasi Kandar is, anyway here we have nasi padang, nasi byranyi, nasi chempo etc........
Dun worry u not go starve yourself, hmmmm maybe u will put on weight instead hehehehehehe
Old 07-07-2005, 10:17 AM
Starfruit

shashimi is off the scale
Send a message via ICQ to shashimi Send a message via MSN to shashimi Send a message via Yahoo to shashimi Send a message via Skype to shashimi
wow..nasi padang,nasi chempo.. i wonder how it looks like..would it looks green exactly like padang (field) [img]graemlins/roflmao.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2005, 02:01 PM
Mangosteen - The Queen

foon is off the scale
Frankie & Shash,
Nasi padang is from Indonesia and nasi kandar is from Indian Muslim. There are the same actually i.e. you can select a wide variety of dishes to go with your rice, like the Chinese nasi campur.

My preference is nasi kerabu. [img]graemlins/yum.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2005, 06:40 PM
Durian - The King

kris is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by foon:
Kris, is 'Pelita' in the building which Tesco Ipoh is located? Maybe I could give it a try during my next trip back to Ipoh.
Yes, that restaurant is located within the shopping centre, on the left hand side of the main entrance, near the escalator going up. I remember seeing a '24-hour' sign there.

There is another nasi kandar place along Labrooy Road, not far from the Maxwell Road roundabout(double shoplot, air conned). I find that OK too.

Any others to recommend, peeps?

Anyone tried these two newly opened mamak shops?

- Nasmir (?) directly behind Tesco
- Mamak shop in Ipoh Garden South, formerly 1919 restaurant
Old 07-07-2005, 06:50 PM
Mangosteen - The Queen

aen is off the scale
Quote:
Originally posted by foon:
Kris, is 'Pelita' in the building which Tesco Ipoh is located? Maybe I could give it a try during my next trip back to Ipoh.
pelita is actually a penang grown nasi kandar chain. very successful and ever expanding. the branch located in front of USM side gate enjoys very brisk sales. however i do not rate their food highly lah...maybe only 2.5/5 only. i've tried their maggi goreng at ipoh's tesco..nice but nothing extraordinary lor. if anyone coming to penang anytime soon...u should try out this nasi kandar restaurant . their ayam kapitan is simply out of this world !!
Old 07-07-2005, 10:07 PM
Rambutan

kungfucandy is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to kungfucandy
Quote:
Originally posted by frankie99:
kfc, in Kiasuland foods are plenty. Sorry duno what Nasi Kandar is, anyway here we have nasi padang, nasi byranyi, nasi chempo etc........
Dun worry u not go starve yourself, hmmmm maybe u will put on weight instead hehehehehehe
Owh..that's comforting to know [img]smile.gif[/img]
Hey is it true that Sg ppl put a lof sweet sauce in almost everything they eat?
Personally i prefer nasi kandar simply because of the absolutely wonderful blend of spices which they use..NICE (they use more) [img]graemlins/yum.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2005, 09:27 AM
We must prevail.....
Durian - The King

Ipohite39 is off the scale
Aen,

Just checked out the Nasi Kandar restaurant you posted in Campbell street. Vely expensivelah RM10-20 per person. I recommend another in Penang Street near the old Soon Thiam Securities firm office, it's a corner shop with the road that stretches to Maybank nearby. Quite near the esplanade actually. Upstairs is Merlin Inn, I guess.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:44 AM
Mangosteen - The Queen

aen is off the scale
Quote:
Originally posted by Ipohite39:
Aen,

Just checked out the Nasi Kandar restaurant you posted in Campbell street. Vely expensivelah RM10-20 per person. I recommend another in Penang Street near the old Soon Thiam Securities firm office, it's a corner shop with the road that stretches to Maybank nearby. Quite near the esplanade actually. Upstairs is Merlin Inn, I guess.
i think i know which restaurant u're referring to. my friend actually recommended that place to me not long ago, but i haven't got the time to go there.

nasi kandar is not cheap la...a vege + a meat will set u back abt rm5.00++ , and that's pretty standard.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:47 AM
Guava

frankie99 is off the scale
Hey is it true that Sg ppl put a lof sweet sauce in almost everything they eat?
Personally i prefer nasi kandar simply because of the absolutely wonderful blend of spices which they use..NICE (they use more) [img]graemlins/yum.gif[/img] [/QB][/quote]

The food that kaisuland serve is similar to what u have at your hometown. Try the northern or southern India cuisine, it will be as spicy as nasi kandar.
Welcome to kaisuland, soon you will learn to be kaisu and why [img]graemlins/roflmao.gif[/img] hahahahahahah.
Sponsored Links