IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Performing Arts > All about Music
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

All about Music Share your information or discuss any topics on music, whether it is song, classical, rock & etc...

Old 28-01-2005, 01:47 PM
Pineapple

Ipoh*Fella is off the scale
Send a message via AIM to Ipoh*Fella
what do u think? are we bad at singing ? do we lack of talents? is our music industry not creative enuff? or isit becoz most asians dont speak english well,hence they dont sing well in english which is vital for someone to be big worldwide?or perhaps it's just racism like how westerners (some) perceive asian talents inferior to theirs? or are we busy copying others' styles and fail to come up with our own music genre? (Latinos have Latin music, Blacks are proud of hip hop n soul, but asians??? what do we have which interest music lovers worldwide?? )

[ 28.01.2005, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: Ipoh*Fella ]
Old 28-01-2005, 03:04 PM
Pineapple

tomling is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to tomling Send a message via MSN to tomling Send a message via Skype to tomling
1st of all, English is d world top language. 4 us Asians each indi. country has their own language of productions. Also production studios may not have d $$$ 2 do good impact promos.
Old 28-01-2005, 10:36 PM
Mangosteen - The Queen

aen is off the scale
i think utada hikaru is quite big on the other side of the pacific...and the koreans are picking up steam...perhaps a better question here would be....why aren't malaysians shining in the intenational music front. hhmm...a lot of deep thinking here....
Old 28-01-2005, 10:57 PM
Pineapple

Ipoh*Fella is off the scale
Send a message via AIM to Ipoh*Fella
Quote:
1st of all, English is d world top language. 4 us Asians each indi. country has their own language of productions. Also production studios may not have d $$$ 2 do good impact promos.
true. example, we have good singers with superb voices in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea, Japan but they dont speak english well and hence, they dont sing english songs well and dont appeal to foreign listeners. i mean, celine dion sang in english and that made her one of the biggest diva altho she's popular in french speaking quebec.

Quote:
i think utada hikaru is quite big on the other side of the pacific...and the koreans are picking up steam...perhaps a better question here would be....why aren't malaysians shining in the intenational music front. hhmm...a lot of deep thinking here....

but still utada don't get as much attention and rave compared to other female singers. i remembered coco lee tried to break international markets but then, she didn't go far either. maybe around asia, but breaking into US, Europe and UK??? How come Russian duo Tatu could do it but not our artistes? i begin to see Asian or ABC's stars in movies like Zhang Ziyi, Chow Yuen Fat, Lucy Liu,Jet Li, Ric Yune, Kelly Hu,Sammo Hung, Donny Yuen, etc who have made an impression in western tv and films, but when it comes to music, hmmmmm...it just doesnt match the success of asian breakthroughs in movieland. (anyhow, we still have William Hung!!! haha! but it's a different kind of representation of asians, i say [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
and Jin, a new hip hop chinese american who's got a major rap album deal.
but then only a handful.

well,haha, malaysian singers have good voices. haha. i was rather impressed with Jac Victor's vocals (M'sian Idol). she can kick fantasia barrino's ass anytime.
Old 29-01-2005, 09:16 PM
Rambutan

kungfucandy is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to kungfucandy
There's this HK group ..known as Beyond or smthg..I can't remember the band name..
their most famous song is "Hoi foot Tin hoong"
literal translation.."wide seas clear skies"
Their music is pretty popular..even appeals to the non-chinese crowd be it Asians or Caucasians.
Old 31-01-2005, 01:59 AM
Banana

Adrian Tan is off the scale
to me its not just music

it's everything

until asians can be as liberal in their thinking as the westerners... we'll never advance as QUICKLY as they can

it's factual

our civilization is ahead of them when it comes to history... asians history is way before them

but why do they sprout out so quickly??

it's MENTALITY

until we can think like them and dare to make changes in not only that particular industry but our attitudes and ethics...

we'll see damages... no doubt

but the same time, gain all sorts of improvement

if only Malaysia would be more open in their mentality.... you'd see the entertainment industry music or movie, sprouting like fresh beans

until then

i see no chance
Sponsored Links