IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Auto World > All about Cars
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

All about Cars Discuss or share any information about cars whether it is imported or locally made.

Old 14-10-2010, 02:07 PM
fortune
Durian - The King

fortune is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to fortune
Default Waja: Now call Proton Inspira

Proton Inspira now officially open for bookings!

OCTOBER 14, 2010 AT 11:42 AM

BY PAUL TAN FILED UNDER CARS, LOCAL NEWS, MALAYSIAN MAKES, PROTON, PROTON INSPIRA (WAJA REPLACEMENT MODEL)

Proton has unveiled that Proton Inspira will be the official name for its Proton Waja replacement model, which has until now been only referred to by its internal codename, the Proton P3-90A.

The Proton Inspira is developed from a Mitsubishi Lancer with the choice of a Mitsubishiís 4B10 1.8 liter engine with a 5-speed manual, a Mitsubishi 4B10 1.8 liter engine with a 6-speed virtual ratio CVT gearbox, or a top of the range 2.0 liter 4B11 engine with the same CVT transmission with added steering column paddle shifters.

At launch, the Inspira will have about 26% local content at launch, with the aim of raising it to 40% within the next few months and straight up to 65% within a year from the launch date once the local vendors have been fully prepped. It is built at Protonís MVF plant.

Available in red, white, black or silver, the new Proton Inspira is now open for booking at any Proton dealer with a deposit of RM1,000. As an appreciation to early birds, Proton will be offering a 2 year (50,000km) free service package worth RM1,658 including parts and labor to those who take delivery of their brand new Proton Inspira before the 31/12/2010.

The tentative pricing starts from RM79,880 for the 1.8 manual up to not more than RM95k for the top of the line. The 1.8 CVT will be somewhere in the middle. The official pricing will be unveiled at the official launch by the 10th of November 2010.

The photo above (and after the jump) provided by Proton is the only thing we can show you for now as there is an embargo that we must respect and official images will only be provided closer to the launch date in early November 2010.

Has anyone booked the Inspira yet?
Sponsored Links
Old 14-10-2010, 06:12 PM
fortune
Durian - The King

Forum

http://www.inspiraclub.com/

Officially open for business
Old 14-10-2010, 06:23 PM
fortune
Durian - The King

October 14, 2010 14:11 PM
Proton Unveils 'Inspira' Priced From RM79,888

SUBANG, Oct 14 (Bernama) -- Proton Holdings Bhd has unveiled an all new mid-sized four door Sedan, "Inspira", with a starting price of RM79,888 and it is not a replacement model for Waja.

"Waja is being discontinued. This is not a replacement," Group Managing Director Datuk Syed Zainal Abidin Syed Mohamed Tahir said at the soft launch of the latest edition of Proton's family here.

He said the new model clearly demonstrated the many ways to come out with a good car and a result of Proton's long-term relationship with Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC).

The collaboration with MMC to come up with the Inspira enabled Proton to save a lot of funds and time, he said.

"It's cheaper from the company's point of view," he said, adding that it would cost up to RM700 million to develop a completely new car.

"It's a win-win collaboration of Proton and MMC," he said.

Booking starts Thursday with a minimum fee of RM1,000. Those who book the car from today until Nov 15 will get a free two-year service or first 50,000km.

The service package includes free labor charges and service parts worth RM1,658 in total for the car that will be launched on Nov 10.

Proton offers continuously variable transmission (CVT) with intelligent and innovation vehicle electronic control system (INVECS-III) in a variant of the Inspira.

Among practical features customers stand to gain from include auto cruise, automatic light and rain sensors, welcome and coming home light system, fully automatic air conditioning system with climate control system for both front and rear occupants, and all round airbags for passengers' safety.

Proton aims to sell 1,600 units of the Inspira a month.

"The market for the C-Segment cars is about 5,000-6,000 units a month. So, we are looking at 1,600 a month as it is value for money," Syed Zainal said.

He said the company also aimed to export the Inspira, "but we will first ensure the stability of production first."

Inspira comes in four colours -- White, Black, Silver and Red.

-- BERNAMA
Old 14-10-2010, 06:24 PM
fortune
Durian - The King

Last edited by fortune : 14-10-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old 14-10-2010, 06:25 PM
fortune
Durian - The King

Old 14-10-2010, 06:26 PM
fortune
Durian - The King

Old 14-10-2010, 06:29 PM
fortune
Durian - The King

""Posted by: jaguarah Yesterday, 08:39 PM
Hallooooo guys!!!

I m a LancerGT owner, and i read through all the posts.....
just a gentle reminder to those who are laughing at current lancer owners......
Proton is rebadging Lancer TODAY, they might be rebadging YOUR CAR TOMORROW
so before u start please take a step back to think, if u r a lancer owner right now, how will u feel?

If u like the new Waja, by all means please go and get it
I dun c any point of browsing through our lancer forum just to see how lancer owners get disappointed and frustrated and make a h*ll fun out of it
Did we (lancer owners) offend u in any way?
Are u building ur fun on top of other people's suffering?

The way u post in a forum directly reflects ur personality and the maturity of ur mind
and there are reasons why Malaysia still lacks behind comparatively to some other countries
Please dun bother to shoot me or try in any way to offend me because this will be my only post in this topic

I thank you all for taking time to read my post
Cheers""
Old 14-10-2010, 06:32 PM
fortune
Durian - The King

Bodykits avaliable in

http://www.mudah.my/Evo+10+full+set+bodykit+for+Lancer+GT-5715493.htm
Old 14-10-2010, 06:56 PM
fortune
Durian - The King

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1550031/+960
Old 15-10-2010, 02:32 AM
Uncle show you goldfish..
Mangosteen - The Queen

seantang is on a distinguished road

Such a dilemma... get the first batch with lowest local content but become a lab rat full price paying product tester or buy later when the niggly bits have been ironed out but with high local content. Hmmm... need to decide if the workers in Proton's assembly line or the workers in the OEM parts factories are bigger idiots. Both are such strong candidates.
Sponsored Links