IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Bangsa Malaysia > Bangsa Malaysia
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bangsa Malaysia Berikan pendapat anda bagi mewujudkan BANGSA MALAYSIA!

Old 21-04-2015, 08:07 PM
Durian - The King

ipohan is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Return to spirit of Merdeka – Tariq Ismail

It was with fear and alarm that I read your article regarding a group of 50 residents who staged a protest in front of a new church in Taman Medan demanding the dismantling of its cross on the grounds that the sight and presence of it challenged Islam and could influence “younger minds”.

This is to say that there was some form of evil dispensation emitting from the premises.

As a Muslim, I was struck by how this episode closely resembled the enemies of the Prophet – particularly in Mecca – than the actions and attitude of the Prophet Himself.

A Hadith documented by Imam Abu Dawud states that “Beware! Whoever is cruel and hard on a non-Muslim minority, or curtails their rights, or burdens them with more than they can bear, or takes anything from them against their free will; I (Prophet Muhammad) will complain against the person of the Day of Judgment.”

I am terrified that this unfortunate incident is being passed off as being in defence of Islam instead of being rightly condemned as the diametric opposite of the Prophet’s own approach to the general populace and institutions of other faiths.

It is this warped, myopic and utterly misconceived perception that will colour the attitudes of both Muslim and non-Muslim alike.

In addition to being completely at odds with the Prophet’s own documented practices, this protest itself is contrary to our Federal Constitution.

The highest law of our land, Article 3 of the Constitution explicitly states that “Islam is the religion of the Federation, but other religions may be practised in peace and harmony in any part of the Federation.”

- See more at: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/s....kTEYVFV6.dpuf
Sponsored Links