IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > IT - Information Technology > Linux Open Source
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Linux Open Source Linux Open Source Discussion Zone

Old 24-02-2015, 11:35 AM
Durian - The King

forum_admin has disabled reputation
Default Facebook's TODO project is a big push to evolve the world of open source

Facebook has partnered with several large companies to kick off a new project called TODO that aims to improve the way open source software is developed and consumed.
Facebook, Google, and many other big businesses have come to rely on open source projects, such as the MySQL database, to run their businesses, and particularly their online operations.
[ See which open source projects are off to a great start in InfoWorld's top 10 new open source projects of the year. | Track trends in open source with InfoWorld's Open Sources blog and Technology: Open Source newsletter. ]

[ Dig into the the red-hot open source framework in InfoWorld's beginner's guide to Docker. Pick it up today! | Get the latest insight on the tech news that matters from InfoWorld's Tech Watch blog. ]But they apparently feel there's room to improve how open source projects are managed and organized, and even room to improve the software itself. The TODO project -- which stands for Talk Openly, Develop Openly -- addresses those goals.

"We want to figure out how we can raise the bar on the quality of open-source software projects in the world," Jay Parikh, the head of Facebook's infrastructure group, said at a conference in San Francisco Monday.

More