IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Bangsa Malaysia > Bangsa Malaysia
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bangsa Malaysia Berikan pendapat anda bagi mewujudkan BANGSA MALAYSIA!

Old 27-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Durian - The King

ipohan is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Please read this news. Do we see "Light at the End of the Tunnel"?

---------------------------------------------------------

Controversy over Umno's ‘racially provocative’ Malays in Peril seminars
Nurul Nazirin
Mar 25, 05 7:21pm

Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) has lodged a police report against Umno for what it claimed to be seditious matters raised at a seminar and the Internet by the dominant ruling party.

“Umno is provoking racial sentiments when it raises racial issues like Melayu dalam Bahaya (Malays in peril),” alleged PKR Youth executive committee member Azwanddin Hamzah who lodged the report at the Dang Wangi police station in Kuala Lumpur.

Over the past few weeks, the activities organised in connection with the Melayu dalam Bahaya programme included a seminar and a series of articles posted on two websites which condemn the Malays for their failures and insinuate that other races were taking advantage of the situation.

The two websites running the allegedly seditious articles were set up by - Prowaris and Umno-Reform - two Umno-backed organisations.

In the police report, Azwanddin charged that the websites were used as Umno’s platform to arouse racial sentiments among the Malay community.

“Even the title Melayu dalam Bahaya screams of provocation,” he added.

Prowaris, is led by Malaysian International Merchant Bankers Bhd investment banking director, Feriz Omar and Umno-Reform’s editor is Anuar Mohd Nor.

‘Don’t condemn others’

Contacted later, Azwanddin said he was worried that the Umno programme would drag down the Malay community.

It is not right to condemn other races in order to prove that the Malays are lagging behind. “One can do anything to upgrade the lot of the Malays, but do not raise hatred against the Chinese,” he stressed.

Azwanddin said he would support any move for the betterment of the Malay community, but not at the expense of provoking hatred against others, particularly among the youth.

“If there is a riot, don’t blame the opposition,” he warned.

The Melayu dalam Bahaya seminar was held on March 13 in Kuala Lumpur.

Among those who attended the close-door event were former premier Dr Mahathir Mohamad, Umno Information Chief Muhammad Muhd Taib, Selangor Mentri Besar Dr Mohd Khir Toyo, Umno Youth deputy head Khairy Jamaluddin, Youth executive member Mukhriz Mahathir, Perak executive councillor Dr Zambery Abdul Kadir and Umno MP Badruddin Amiruldin.

It is learnt that the seminar, organised by the Malay Youth Secretariat, has been conducted twice so far.

Azwanddin urged the police to investigate this Umno propaganda and its Internet-based instruments. He also called for those involved in the programme to be brought to justice.
Sponsored Links
Old 28-03-2005, 11:12 AM
Durian - The King

KHS_Ipoh is off the scale
If this cuntinues... the light we see at the end of the tunnel is plenty of beds and wheelchairs, if you know what I mean. Now, they are given clutches and walking sticks already, mar. Aiyooo....

Say TAK NAK to Barang Naik govt.

TIME WILL TELL!!!
Old 29-03-2005, 03:09 PM
Durian - The King

Location: middle of tropics, south of nort pole, north of south pole
K-Fanz is off the scale
Thumbs down

sigh, same old story, so to hell with politics!
Old 04-04-2005, 02:19 PM

prowaris is off the scale
GET THE REAL INFORMATION FROM WWW.PROWARIS.ORG

WAHAI KEADILAN : TERIMAKASIH DAUN KELADI, LAIN KALI REPORT LAGI !

Kami amat bersyukur kerana ProWaris mendapat tempat di laman-laman web pembangkang ekoran daripada laporan polis yang menyebutkan bahawa kumpulan diskusi informal ProWaris ini terlibat dalam provokasi perkauman di Malaysia.

Laporan polis yang dibuat oleh Angkatan Pemuda Keadilan Rakyat (APKR) pada 24 hb Mac 2005 itu ternyata tidak benar sama-sekali memandangkan artikel-artikel ProWaris adalah untuk membangkitkan anak bangsa supaya berdaya maju dan bukannya untuk memerangi bangsa-bangsa lain di Malaysia.

Tanpa disedari oleh APKR, ProWaris secara tidak langsung telah mendapat perhatian dan dihujani dengan pelbagai minat serta pertanyaan mengenai dasar dan aspirasi kumpulan kami. Dalam masa yang begitu singkat dan kos yang tidak seberapa, ProWaris telah memenangi minat ramai lagi ahli-ahli profesional Melayu yang sesetengah daripadanya adalah ahli-ahli parti-parti pembangkang.

Ini juga sekaligus banyak membantu Prowaris dalam mengenalkan diri kepada ramai lagi ahli-ahli profesional Melayu yang masih lagi mencari-cari saluran perjuangan yang abadi.

Untuk barisan Angkatan Pemuda Keadilan Rakyat terutamanya Saudara Azwaddin Hamzah, kami ucapkan "Terimakasih Daun Keladi, Lain kali Report Lagi !"

Semoga Melayu-Islam Terus Gagah Gemilang...

FERIZ OMAR
Peneraju Utama
ProWaris
Old 04-04-2005, 02:31 PM

prowaris is off the scale
VISIT WWW.PROWARIS.ORG

ProWaris received this from a Malaysian-Chinese citien last week with regards to Parti Keadilan Rakyat's allegation.

Dear Administrator

Eventhough I am a Malaysian-Chinese, I totally agree with ProWaris! Based on their objectives and aspiration, I now trully understand that their intention is actually to act the catalyst for the Malay Renaisance in the aspect of developing the Malays to be at par with the Chinese and Indians.

If we re-look at the May 13, 1969 scenario, we as Chinese have lost millions dollars of investments due to the racial chaos. It is true that only the educated Malays would be able to rationalise better when the economic dominance is now led by other races.

However, the uneducated Malays in Grik, Yan, Pasir Puteh, etc may not be able to understand us dominating their economy. My sincere advice is, to allow the Malays to formulate their own strategy to develop Malays further. Let is be their first priority. If the Malay agenda is achieved, the Malaysian agenda will be achieved too.

Sincerely,
Michael Lee
Kuala Lumpur
Old 04-04-2005, 03:28 PM
Simple Minded Fellow
Durian - The King

Oldtimer is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool

Prowaris,
There are two major points that I would like to point out.
1. If that policy really works, then all the goals would have been accomplished by now. There wouldn't be any need to continue and implement new measures.
2. Malaysia seems to be the only country that has "affirmative action programs" and protective measures to help its majority population.
I rest my case.
OT

[ 04.04.2005, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: Oldtimer ]
Old 04-04-2005, 04:53 PM
We must prevail.....
Durian - The King

Ipohite39 is off the scale
WE NEED politically aware people to vote, I say bring back the local councillors elections for a start. The people has to be given the power to decide. As for the "majority population" , a mindset change is mandatory or they'll rot in their "crutches".
Old 05-04-2005, 12:55 AM
Durian - The King

KHS_Ipoh is off the scale
Quote:
Originally posted by Ipohite39:
WE NEED politically aware people to vote, I say bring back the local councillors elections for a start. The people has to be given the power to decide. As for the "majority population" , a mindset change is mandatory or they'll rot in their "crutches".
Agreed.
Say TAK NAK to appointed local cuntcillors!!!

Say TAK NAK to Barang Naik govt.

TIME WILL TELL!!!
Old 05-04-2005, 12:58 AM
Durian - The King

ipohan is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb

Dear Mr. Michael Lee,

I don't know your true identity. But I agreed with En. Azwanddin that (Malays in peril) Forum is another ploy by some dirty politicians to create tension among the races & take advantage on the chaotic situation.

What threat do the Chinese & Indians pose when we are only asking for our rights under the Constitutions? What advantage we have when so many policies are so unfavourable to us?

I think it is more appropriate to call the Forum as "UMNO in Peril". The weaknesses of the Malay are the results of NEP that is been abused for more than 30 years. When you want to train a soldier into a great warrior, do you put him into the toughest conditions to train his skills or you just let him sleep & eat in the house?

Talking about May 13, I think this link has a better explanation on the incident. Malaysians are peace loving people. It was the politicians that brought about the tragedy. Read carefully between the lines & you will be able to find out the actual cause.

[ 06.04.2005, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: ipohan ]
Old 05-04-2005, 10:47 AM
We must prevail.....
Durian - The King

Ipohite39 is off the scale
I truly attest to the age old adage that comfort and ease never brings out the best in anyone. It is exactly the opposite that does. Reward only the performing ones, not give handouts to all across the board just because they meet a birthright criteria. We always talk about Meritocracy in Education? Then, do away with Matriculation and STPM. Combine all into one for entrance into our local fully govt- funded universities. Logically, if it's all taxpayers' money, it's only fair. Now, they try to justify it by allowing 10% non-bumi into Matriculation to keep it going. It's rubbish!