IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Bangsa Malaysia > Bangsa Malaysia
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bangsa Malaysia Berikan pendapat anda bagi mewujudkan BANGSA MALAYSIA!

Old 27-09-2005, 09:05 PM
Durian - The King

ipohan is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

How to fight against inhuman & unmoral racist policy implemented by the "Racist Regime"? May be S Nathan has provided us an option.

----------------------------------------------------------
S Nathan to Malaysiakini.com
Sep 22, 05 7:10pm

The discussion about the bumiputera housing discount needs action and not more debate. The discount could be five percent, 10 percent or whatever. The numbers do not matter. The fact is the policy is racist.

It is racist because it gives an advantage to individuals based on their race and not because of their economic situation. That's why it is a racist policy. I have absolutely no problems to give discount to poor people.

Let's give 10 percent discount (only for their first home) to anyone who is earning RM2,000 or less. This applies to anyone (man or woman; any race; only Malaysian citizens). So in theory, a couple that buys their houses before they marry can actually own two houses at a 10 percent discount each.

Make it simple. Anyone who earns less than RM2,000 can get this 10 percent discount. The house price must be less than RM350,000 so that they, too, can stay in towns and not be relegated to urban ghettos.

The house and the loan must be in their name. After buying, they cannot sell it before five years. No other rules because policing complicated rules will not work and will only lead to corruption. With this, all low income people can buy at homes at discounts, which - if we are to believe official statistics - would include a great many bumiputeras.

I have no problem with paying a ‘social tax’ to the low income earners and hope they and their family will have a nice and happy home and that they will be my neighbours in Petaling Jaya. Welcome!

Okay. That is to solve the housing discounts issue. Now, if the government does not take up the proposal or a version of this proposal, we have then at least two choices.

Option 1 – Don't vote for BN. Vote for BA. This will have to wait until next general election. Too long.

Option 2 - Don't buy houses that are being sold based on racist discounts. Why must you buy now? Rent first. Don't worry as the construction sector is already suffering due to the government cutting down mega-projects.

If we stop buying new houses for just six months, the BN government will feel the pain. What's so difficult in delaying your home purchase for six months? Sometimes the legal and banking documentation itself can take up to six months. So six months is nothing.

Spread the word. Stop buying houses. Use your economic power to stop this racist policy. There is nothing illegal. Just stop buying house for six months. Nobody will be homeless. It is because all of us queue up like fools at the developer’s office, that they continue being racist.

Now, if you cannot vote for BA and cannot stop yourself from buying houses that are sold based on a racist policy, you then deserve to pay more. So stop complaining. If you agree, please pass this message on to your friends. Make it happen.

Let's see if Malaysians have got brains and are not just motor mouths when it comes to complaining.

Source: Malaysiakini.com
Sponsored Links
Old 27-09-2005, 09:16 PM
Durian - The King

ipohan is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

More & more wise & fair minded Bumi are against the practises of "Racist Policies", I don't see why Malaysia can't become a great nation one day.

-------------------------------------------------------
Bumi discounts not the way to root out poverty
Shaik Daud Ismail to Malaysiakini.com

Sep 26, 05 12:48pm

I agree with S Nathan in Housing discounts - let’s stop buying. First of all, the discount given is also taken advantage of by the rich and this is not the way to eradicate poverty.

The formula given by Nathan is very good way to give special benefit to the poor and in this way everybody who qualify will benefit and the government will not be accused of being a racist government. As it is even the rich are benefitting and this certainly is not fair to all.

Source: Malaysiakini.com
Old 27-09-2005, 10:32 PM
Durian - The King

KHS_Ipoh is off the scale
Psss... ssstttt... I've stopped buying for about 15 yrs, liao. And, will NEVER buy again.

Yup, I have bumi friends who are also pretty pissed with these kind of tongkat. One even send his own dotter to UK for medical degree. He knows how useless is the pubic school for medicine, mar.

Say TAK NAK to Barang Naik govt.

TIME WILL TELL!!!
Old 28-09-2005, 10:09 AM
We must prevail.....
Durian - The King

Ipohite39 is off the scale
I have never bought a single house from a developer. I know the non-bumis are subsidizing the bumi lots. We are all citizens, can't take the discrimination in price. We are not Foreigners, you know.
Old 28-09-2005, 03:11 PM
Durian - The King

kris is an unknown quantity at this point
I-39
Did you build your house(s) yourself or you bought them second-hand?

The 5% discount for bumi's, 30% quota of houses for Bumi's and requirement to build 30% low-cost houses are the hidden costs/burden to the housing developers. They are also some of the reasons why the Build & Sell Concept are not workable in this country.
Old 29-09-2005, 10:19 AM
We must prevail.....
Durian - The King

I bought second hand one. The advantage is that you can already see what you are buying and noe what are visible faults therein. Also, there won't be such thing as a "future development" land next door which could be anything from a funeral parlour to county jail.
Old 29-09-2005, 11:02 AM
Coconut

mon497 is off the scale
All the new houses we looked at were beautiful from the outside but the workmanship was shoddy and made to look as if they were put together in a hurry. No wonder most people "renovate" once they take ownership.
Old 29-09-2005, 11:26 AM
Pomelo

ipohmali70 is off the scale
Agree with Ipohite39 100%. I bought my house in 2000, during the recession, when developer all over the country were folding up and housing schemes were abandoned. There was not much problem at all, just sign SP agreement, take a loan and move in, although the first 6 months I rented the house from the owner while the paperwork were in progress.

It was an old house, built in 1980. It doesn't look much and the house badly needed a good coat of paint interior and exterior but I recognised old fashioned good quality when I see one. No structural faults and good location, facing a field with shady trees in a high area without any flooding history. The worst thing were a badly rusted front gate which I threw out and replaced with a new one. Neighbours both sides are nice genial elderly couples. The best thing is that it's a steal at only 80k. You don't get top quality 2 storey houses at that price these days.

Another two of my friends bought houses at the same time, one ended up with wavy walls and shoddy workmanship (120k house, just imagine) and another just moved in last year, although the sp was signed in 1996, a delay of 9 years. For that time, he had to pay interest literally through his nose and his ordeal finally ended only last year when the houses were completed after moving at a snail's pace.

All things equal,it's much better to buy a formerly lived in house because you get to choose your neighbourhood.
Old 29-09-2005, 11:27 AM
Pomelo

ipohmali70 is off the scale
Agree with Ipohite39 100%. I bought my house in 2000, during the recession, when developer all over the country were folding up and housing schemes were abandoned. There was not much problem at all, just sign SP agreement, take a loan and move in, although the first 6 months I rented the house from the owner while the paperwork were in progress.

It was an old house, built in 1980. It doesn't look much and the house badly needed a good coat of paint interior and exterior but I recognised old fashioned good quality when I see one. No structural faults and good location, facing a field with shady trees in a high area without any flooding history. The worst thing were a badly rusted front gate which I threw out and replaced with a new one. Neighbours both sides are nice genial elderly couples. The best thing is that it's a steal at only 80k. You don't get top quality 2 storey houses at that price these days.

Another two of my friends bought houses at the same time, one ended up with wavy walls and shoddy workmanship (120k house, just imagine) and another just moved in last year, although the sp was signed in 1996, a delay of 9 years. For that time, he had to pay interest literally through his nose and his ordeal finally ended only last year when the houses were completed after moving at a snail's pace.

All things equal,it's much better to buy a formerly lived in house because you get to choose your neighbourhood.
Old 30-09-2005, 10:09 AM
We must prevail.....
Durian - The King

The cheapest and most economical way to own a house is buy your own land 40' x 80' and build it yourself using honest genuine contractors. a single storey house doesn't cost more than 85k to build using medium range materials. A double storey, maybe RM125k. Better that than give developers big fat profits. Developers really "press" the sub-suppliers like electrical men a damn lot!