IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Environment Protection > Environment Guard
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Environment Guard Report any individual or party whose activities are hazardous to our environment

Old 21-07-2006, 10:44 AM
The Legend aka Racist Mod
Durian - The King

RawFlesh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Air Pollution Index

I remembered there was a website for the above last year..... Anyone knows the new one for this year?

This is in preparation for the coming haze.....

WHY so SERIOUS?
Sponsored Links
Old 21-07-2006, 12:54 PM
Mangosteen - The Queen

aen is off the scale

try the metoerological dept's website at www.kjc.gov.my

it was rather hazy here in the northern region for the past week or so...but a heavy monsoon rain yesterday morning cleared the polluted air for a while...hopefully we get more of the rain for the rest of the month.
Old 21-07-2006, 12:59 PM
Durian - The King

kris is an unknown quantity at this point

Knowing what the current API index is wouldn't make much difference really, not that you can do anything about it, or the gomen is going to anything abt it.

It has become a yearly affair thanks to our b**t**d of a neighbour and we are supposed to put up with it!

Last edited by kris : 21-07-2006 at 01:01 PM.
Old 21-07-2006, 03:28 PM
Simple Minded Fellow
Durian - The King

Oldtimer is an unknown quantity at this point

kris, K-F & RF,
I was curious to find out what Ipoh's current API would be and guess what I tried several web sites, but still couldn't find a table showing it. Please kindly tell me where to look or is it supposed to be a top secret that the govt. doesn't want its ordinary citizen to know.
OT
Old 21-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Durian - The King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer
kris, K-F & RF,
I was curious to find out what Ipoh's current API would be and guess what I tried several web sites, but still couldn't find a table showing it. Please kindly tell me where to look or is it supposed to be a top secret that the govt. doesn't want its ordinary citizen to know.
OT
GO here and look out for API http://www.doe.gov.my/

Kris,

There are certain things I can do, or ppl can do (where there's a will, there's a way ). I will flee IPH if it's better in KL or vice-versa

WHY so SERIOUS?
Old 21-07-2006, 04:08 PM
We must prevail.....
Durian - The King

Ipohite39 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawFlesh

Kris,

There are certain things I can do, or ppl can do (where there's a will, there's a way ). I will flee IPH if it's better in KL or vice-versa

RF, From our experience, it doesn't matter which part of Peninsular Malaysia you are in except Taman Negara, the situation would be marginally better only. As for the gomen, who only monitor and hope the wind takes the haze somewhere else. Probably, they are as powerless as we have. We have govt to govt agmts as in some WC match outcomes. Why has Malaysia become so powerless to influence the indons to do the rite thing?
Old 21-07-2006, 04:57 PM
Strawberry

Babyripp is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Babyripp Send a message via Yahoo to Babyripp

there is still someone performing open burning in my housing area.. it usually starts about 5pm and it's almost daily!

I get headaches and breathless when i smell smoke be it mild - (BBQ smoke duzn give the same effect why aa.. maybe psychological) nevertheless.. it always makes me uncomfortable in my own home..

I was hoping with the haze threat and all.. the person responsible for the open burning would at least stop doing it for a while.. but right at this moment the smell of burning leaves (and maybe some other things as well) has already lurking in my house..

what can i do about it...?
Old 22-07-2006, 12:26 AM
Durian - The King

kanden is off the scale

the haze can get quite bad nowadays. sometimes i can smell the smoke in the air the moment i step out of an air-conditioned building/car

- from the Dhammapada (Sayings of the Buddha)
Old 22-07-2006, 12:28 AM
Durian - The King

kanden is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawFlesh

i'm really pleasantly surprised the acronym used in the website URL is in English!!

- from the Dhammapada (Sayings of the Buddha)
Old 16-08-2006, 09:57 AM
Durian - The King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipohite39
RF, From our experience, it doesn't matter which part of Peninsular Malaysia you are in except Taman Negara, the situation would be marginally better only. As for the gomen, who only monitor and hope the wind takes the haze somewhere else. Probably, they are as powerless as we have. We have govt to govt agmts as in some WC match outcomes. Why has Malaysia become so powerless to influence the indons to do the rite thing?
From my Xperience (oh, hi, i'm sorta back, bye... I'll be gone again ), it was REALLY BAD in KL last year, but in Ipoh, it was much better during the wkdays. AND Thank God, wen i returned to KL, the really bad haze was pushed north to Ipoh and Penang ....

So, it can sorta help...... But let's not argue about that...... The main point is the haze started yearly by stupid ppl clearing the land in Indo. I say we should start a group like GreenPeace here in M'sia and go over there and do some publicity stunt.... But, but, but.... It's not fun to be charged by indo police or to spend the night in Indo prisons....

WHY so SERIOUS?
Sponsored Links