IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > IT - Information Technology > Software
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Q & A on IT Applications!

Old 16-11-2005, 09:28 AM
Durian - The King

Location: middle of tropics, south of nort pole, north of south pole
K-Fanz is off the scale
Hard time terminating TMNet Streamyx service online
Mohd Yaakob Yusof, Najiah Najib and Nurul Ain Kamil
Nov 15
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SHE was amazed at how easy it was to subscribe online to the TMNet Streamyx service in February.

VANDA CHAN, who works in Petaling Jaya, says she signed up for the service for her house in Kuantan, via the Internet.

However, she decided to terminate the service online in October but was told that she can only do so a year after the registration date.

"No one at home is using the service," says the 38-year-old communications executive.

"I was told that even if the service was terminated, my monthly bill of RM44 for 60 hours’ access would continue until next February."

VANDA says she was told to go to a Kedai Telekom if she still wanted to terminate the service.

"I am exasperated. Why can I register online but cannot de-register the same way?" she asks.

She says TMNet should also ensure that customers are informed of the one-year contract when they sign up online.

A TMNet Sdn Bhd’s official says the agreement specifically states that the service is for a 12-month period.

"When a user subscribes for the TMnet Streamyx service, he is bound by the terms and conditions in the agreement.

"Consumers should read the conditions carefully. When they don’t, cases like this will happen."

She says customers cannot unsubscribe online. Asked why, she says: "It will be chaotic."

http://www.mmail.com.my/Current_News...cle/index_html
Old 22-09-2006, 06:40 PM
Guava

orphee02 is on a distinguished road

[quote=K-Fanz]Hard time terminating TMNet Streamyx service online
Nov 15
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I had a very similar problem in the UK.

I signed up for BT OpenWorld Broadband in the August then left for Malaysia in the February. I too was bound to a fixed one year contract, which ended last August - but would you believe that BT continue to take for a service I haven't used, did cancel and don't want. This continues and it has been a year since I cancelled - so this happens all over the world. I am still trying to stop the payments..........
Old 22-09-2006, 10:17 PM
Strawberry

Babyripp is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Babyripp Send a message via Yahoo to Babyripp

i thought it's a common knowledge that when u subscribe to these kinda things ur binded for one year..?
Old 23-09-2006, 04:28 AM
The Kung Fu Tupai
Durian - The King

Chinerama is an unknown quantity at this point

[quote=orphee02]
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Fanz
Hard time terminating TMNet Streamyx service online
Nov 15
And I had a very similar problem in the UK.

I signed up for BT OpenWorld Broadband in the August then left for Malaysia in the February. I too was bound to a fixed one year contract, which ended last August - but would you believe that BT continue to take for a service I haven't used, did cancel and don't want. This continues and it has been a year since I cancelled - so this happens all over the world. I am still trying to stop the payments..........

Well, I had a cable with NTL before they folded. Took up their service and I was supposed to be bound for a year but then I had to move to another area. Initially they told me that I could not terminate as it hasn't been a year yet. However, when they checked and noticed that they weren't able to provide cable service where I was moving, they promptly cancelled my account and stopped making anymore debits from my credit card. Was impressed

Maybe that's why they folded and BT's still around
Old 23-09-2006, 04:51 AM
Starfruit

ultra is on a distinguished road

yeah, new subsciber is bound to be bond with a one year contract, i dont really understand why must they do this but this same terms are being used everywhere in the world. even Astro do that and mobile service too.
i'm sure the end user acknowledge this whether in verbal or written form, so they should really consider this seriously before subscribing it.
Old 23-09-2006, 07:23 PM
Primmie
Durian - The King

Primrose Hill is an unknown quantity at this point

Orphee02, I am on BT well. 90% broadband providers do insist on a 12months contract when you first joined them. There some providers out there that would provide non-contractual one, though not many.

NTL, like my previous provider Blueyonder is pretty good. I can't say the same for BT though.
Old 25-09-2006, 12:53 PM
Durian - The King

Location: middle of tropics, south of nort pole, north of south pole
K-Fanz is off the scale

luckly for starbuck..wireless connection free of charge...
Old 25-09-2006, 03:14 PM
Guava

dialhum is off the scale

That is why it is the strongly recommended for the consumers to be to read carefully the terms and agreements put forth by the merchant or their agents. We as consumers tend to turn a blind eye in this issue just because we think that it is a trivial conduct.
Why in the world do you think they wrote it in such a way that it bores you to death--literally writing-- thus making you not want to read more?
It is advisable to read the terms and conditions first and always be aware that big corporations does not mean that they are bundled together with kindness and compassion.
It's a one way street as far as i see it with streamyx promotions.
Old 27-09-2006, 01:06 PM
Guava

orphee02 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primrose Hill
Orphee02, I am on BT well. 90% broadband providers do insist on a 12months contract when you first joined them. There some providers out there that would provide non-contractual one, though not many.

NTL, like my previous provider Blueyonder is pretty good. I can't say the same for BT though.

My problem was that I left England before my year subscription ran out.
Old 27-09-2006, 01:16 PM
The Kung Fu Tupai
Durian - The King

Chinerama is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by orphee02
My problem was that I left England before my year subscription ran out.

They should take that into consideration as what NTL did when I moved to an area they couldn't service. Guess BT's too big to care.....
Sponsored Links