IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > DIGITAL GADGETS > Cell Phones
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cell Phones Discussions about the models, features, prices & etc

Old 15-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Uncle show you goldfish..
Mangosteen - The Queen

seantang is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronie
Go to Exclusive Shop in KC, 1st floor that sells Nokia.
Look for Raymond .. my regular fella .. Just mention Mr.Mark
He knows who am i ......
My brother went to Exclusive shop just now. The chap there (dunno whether it was Raymond or not) quoted him 1099, which is 19 bucks more than the RRP on Nokia's website.

The booth downstairs quoted the RRP ie. 1080.

A bit disappointed with the pricing.
Sponsored Links
Old 15-02-2009, 05:10 PM
The Lingerie Seller
Honeydew

cybergal is off the scale

Wait for promotion first, then. They do it quite often. They'll give a price discount plus throw in some freebies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seantang
My brother went to Exclusive shop just now. The chap there (dunno whether it was Raymond or not) quoted him 1099, which is 19 bucks more than the RRP on Nokia's website.

The booth downstairs quoted the RRP ie. 1080.

A bit disappointed with the pricing.
Old 16-02-2009, 11:22 AM
We must prevail.....
Durian - The King

Ipohite39 is off the scale

With slowing demand for handsets, prices sure drop wan. They gotta turn it to cash otherwise how to pay rental, overheads, salaries etc.
Old 16-02-2009, 12:06 PM
Durian - The King

rockhard is on a distinguished road

Also, make sure you're only dressed in shorts and t-shirt. Forget the Rolex watch or anything that are expensive. Then they won't go for the slaughter.
Old 28-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Mangosteen - The Queen

I bought the blue E63 in KL via a colleague. Price was RM980 for an Avaxx unit. Another colleague brought it back to Sg last night and passed it to me this morning.

First impressions are good. Symbian S60 is much more responsive and faster than Windows Mobile, but less pretty. You definitely get the feeling that WM is a detuned version of XP, but Symbian is a souped up version of a regular phone OS. If you don't enjoy messing around with registries, installation doodads and compatibility tweaks... you'll enjoy Symbian.

I like QWERTY. Allows me to type exactly what I want instead of triple pressing keys or fooling with word correction. So far, so happy.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:06 AM
The Lingerie Seller
Honeydew

cybergal is off the scale

Congratulations, Sean!
Old 02-03-2009, 09:43 AM
Honeydew

UncleSam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I like QWERTY. Allows me to type exactly what I want instead of triple pressing keys or fooling with word correction. So far, so happy.

Is the QWERTY pad finger friendly? It looks bigger than usual blackberry but still a bit small.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Mangosteen - The Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleSam
Is the QWERTY pad finger friendly? It looks bigger than usual blackberry but still a bit small.
It's no problem for me. I'm still pressing the wrong keys occasionally and still need to look at the keypad when I type - but that should improve the more I get used to the QWERTY layout. My company uses Blackberry Bold, and my impression is that the keypad feel is similar... maybe the Bold is a bit more tactile.

Just need my thumbs to get used to responding to rounded lumps, rather than edgy ridges (in a normal phone keypad).

But it is one of the most compact QWERTY phones in the market, with possible exception to the upcoming i-mates.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:08 AM
Honeydew

UncleSam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It's no problem for me. I'm still pressing the wrong keys occasionally and still need to look at the keypad when I type - but that should improve the more I get used to the QWERTY layout. My company uses Blackberry Bold, and my impression is that the keypad feel is similar... maybe the Bold is a bit more tactile.

Just need my thumbs to get used to responding to rounded lumps, rather than edgy ridges (in a normal phone keypad).

But it is one of the most compact QWERTY phones in the market, with possible exception to the upcoming i-mates.

After my Dopod 838 Pro, I find the slide out QWERTY pad is still a little small, though it is much bigger and spacious comparing to Blackberry type design. Then I found a QWERTY touch screen software that work pretty well, that solve the typing inconvenience. I am on Samsung Omnia i900 now, so far so good.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:33 AM
Mangosteen - The Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleSam
After my Dopod 838 Pro, I find the slide out QWERTY pad is still a little small, though it is much bigger and spacious comparing to Blackberry type design. Then I found a QWERTY touch screen software that work pretty well, that solve the typing inconvenience. I am on Samsung Omnia i900 now, so far so good.
My biggest problem with touch screen phones is that they can't be used without looking at the screen. Makes it kinda hard to use while driving or chasing a bus/train. No choice but give it up when reading a sms can almost put my car in the drain.
Sponsored Links