IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Auto World > All about Cars
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

All about Cars Discuss or share any information about cars whether it is imported or locally made.

Old 17-02-2011, 04:37 PM
fortune
Durian - The King

fortune is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to fortune
Default Honda M'sia recalling City n Jazz

Honda Malaysia has announced that it will recall 21,956 units of the third-generation City (model year 2009) as well as 1,680 units of the second-generation Jazz (model year 2009 and 2010). The recall addresses problems with the lost motion springs and the retainers in the affected vehicles, with replacement of these to be carried out with countermeasure parts.

In the affected cars, the lost motion springs – which are compressed by rocker arms in normal engine use – may bend or break over time, resulting in irregular engine noise and potentially causing engine stalls. No crashes or injuries have been reported related to this issue.

“We sincerely apologise to our customers and deeply regret the inconvenience caused by this predicament. It is our priority to put our customers first,” Honda Malaysia’s managing director and CEO Yoichiro Ueno said in a statement.

“To address this issue, we will be writing to all the affected customers to send their vehicles to an authorised dealer as soon as they receive notification from us,” he said.

The company is in the midst of preparing the replacement parts. Necessary inspection and replacement will be carried out when the parts are ready, and all charges incurred in the inspection and replacement work will be borne by the company. Honda Malaysia added that all its current selling models are not affected.

http://paultan.org/2011/02/17/honda-malaysia-to-recall-21956-city-and-1680-jazz-vehicles/
Sponsored Links