IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Ipoh Online Web Forum > General Discussion
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Voice out your thoughts here!

Old 23-12-2008, 01:00 AM
Pomelo

ipohmali70 is off the scale

Sorry to hear about that OT.

Any would be hikers/trekkers to Kledang Hill, remember to pace yourself and not overexert yourself.
Old 23-12-2008, 01:30 AM
Honeydew

UncleSam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primrose Hill
Ppl died after the hill walk? How high up is this hill? How long does it take to walk up?

Don't know how high it is but it would take about 45 mins to walk thru the main road. About 30 mins if climb the stairs hill. Pretty nice scenary, fresh & cooling air. 5.30am is kind of early and it is still all dark, better equip with torch light and stick just in case.
Old 23-12-2008, 03:43 AM
Durian - The King

rockhard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleSam
5.30am is kind of early and it is still all dark, better equip with torch light and stick just in case.
And make sure you don't have a sore throat...you'll never know when you need to shout really loud!...whether anyone can hear you or not is another question.. *just joking, folks*
Old 23-12-2008, 08:18 AM
Pomelo

Quote:
Don't know how high it is but it would take about 45 mins to walk thru the main road. About 30 mins if climb the stairs hill. Pretty nice scenary, fresh & cooling air. 5.30am is kind of early and it is still all dark, better equip with torch light and stick just in case.

Disagree. A slow steady walk up to the peak about 2 hours. But the garden is reachable in 45 mins. The scenery & fresh air is to die for. 5:30am is just nice and cool, cold even. Enough time for your to catch a heavenly sunrise.

When was the last time anyone caught a glimpse of sunrise breaking over the Titiwangsa range, showering its golden rays on a beautiful little town we call Ipoh? Makes you really feel humble before God.
Old 23-12-2008, 08:37 AM
Honeydew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipohmali70
Disagree. A slow steady walk up to the peak about 2 hours. But the garden is reachable in 45 mins. The scenery & fresh air is to die for. 5:30am is just nice and cool, cold even. Enough time for your to catch a heavenly sunrise.

When was the last time anyone caught a glimpse of sunrise breaking over the Titiwangsa range, showering its golden rays on a beautiful little town we call Ipoh? Makes you really feel humble before God.

Sorry, I was referring to the garden. Never been to the peak, so don't really how long it take to reach there. Am satisfied enough to reach the garden. Yeah, the view is magnificent when you are standing facing the refreshing cool breeze.
Old 23-12-2008, 08:39 AM
Honeydew

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhard
And make sure you don't have a sore throat...you'll never know when you need to shout really loud!...whether anyone can hear you or not is another question.. *just joking, folks*

I got a friend who got to stay overnight in the open hill because it was too dark for him to go down and his phone battery is dead. Ended up with hundreds of mosquito bites and good experience staying overnight in open hill.
Old 23-12-2008, 08:55 AM
Durian - The King

rockhard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I got a friend who got to stay overnight in the open hill because it was too dark for him to go down and his phone battery is dead.
And that reminds me...go with a fully charged handphone. You'll never know when you'll need to make a call to your wifey to say you're staying overnight in the open hill! But, for crying out loud, make it believable. 'Invite' some mosquitoes to feed on you for a bit before going home. *roflmao*
Old 23-12-2008, 09:26 PM
The makcik!
Durian - The King

Yugi is an unknown quantity at this point

better get your stamina be4 climbing, if not, ache whole body. hihihihi...
Old 23-12-2008, 10:33 PM
Durian - The King

kanden is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer
While he was a young dude at "Sam Tat", (did I spell it right?)

OT,
correct spelling is Sam Tet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer
P.S. A well respected forummer here, kris, managed to email me all the newspaper clippings on his death. I still want to thank him from the bottom of my heart! (Deep Bows)

kris has been MIA for a long time, doesn't look like he's coming back . u'll probly have to email him or sthg

- from the Dhammapada (Sayings of the Buddha)
Old 27-12-2008, 10:58 PM
Pomelo

Ahhhh... what a refreshing trek.

Arrived at 5:30am at foothill as usual. It was totally dark but my headlamp pierced the gloom with great efficiency. Rubber tappers were already at work tapping the trees on the lower slopes of the hill.

A non stop slow trek brings us to the garden about 1 hour later. The view from the garden was great. My friend and I arrived at the tower about 8:30 and although there were 3 shelters at the peak, they were all in a dilapidated condition so much that they cannot be used.

Also, somebody strung a fine net at the peak and two birds were caught on the net. One was dead and the other was still entangled on the net and was struggling. As we approached it struggled even more and got itself more entangled in the net. We calmed it down and gingerly we took hold of it and removed the netting stuck over its head.

Had to break some of the mesh. After moving back a dozen meters we released the bird and it took off happily chirping its thanks away.

Took a few photos of the peak and the transmission towers and then we headed back to the foothill. Arrived at car park about 10:40 pm.

All told about 5 hours.