IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Gossip... > A Tribute to Leslie Cheung...
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

A Tribute to Leslie Cheung... Unbelievable...

Old 25-12-2003, 08:48 AM

oriental express is off the scale
Wink

i just wondering what is the music taste of majority Ipoh youngsters like?
Well, certainly i would like to talk about this topic.
Old 26-12-2003, 07:16 AM
Starfruit

ipohfella is off the scale
Send a message via AIM to ipohfella
I dunno if it's true, but everytime u go out on a Saturday nite, you will get to lsten loud music blasting from stereos of passing cars driven by Ipoh youths and you will get to listen to those "techno-boom-boom-boom" kind of music. (u know what I mean...dunno what u call it but people call it as shake head music). And in clubs, this is the kind of music you hear most of the time. I think IPoh youths are not exposed to a wider range of music besides that usual club tthingie. Personally, I luv R&B.ranging from Beyonce to Luther Vandross.how I wish we would hve a wider variety of music in ipoh.
Old 26-12-2003, 02:26 PM
I'm not a senior
Rambutan

CKH is an unknown quantity at this point
I like any type of music as long as it's easy listening.

I dun like hard rock music... juz too noisy to me...

Beyonce's music is cool... I like her music too. but I love Mariah Carey's music... Eason Chan's music also not bad...
Old 26-12-2003, 06:24 PM
Pineapple

sky is off the scale
Angry

we have to realize that when you come to compare the teenager...
they surely like to put out the techno song in the car..
coz that will make you all notice they have a big speaker in the car, some more some cheap gal will get attracted!!

then when its saturday nite...
most pub sure put the techno song coz then again a loud song will attract most ppl go in an see what is happenning.

and once they go in, the waitress will show them to a sit. on that time thou there is nothing happening in the pub the youngster will feel shame/shy if they straight went out of ther pub..

so that's y u will hear the techno song on saturday nite...

but deep inside of most of the youngster, i believe they like R&B more that techno....

sky...
Old 26-12-2003, 09:17 PM

i totally agreed that people ( i mean youngsters) is very limit themselves for a wider range of music. All they know is those pop idol. Why don't try more variety of music like African beat, Celtic, or something from Bjork, Moby, Dj Yoda...they are really good musician produce damn good music. Or try something from the mainland of China, Norway, Falco from Germany, Eros Ramazotti from Italy. They are real good.
C'mon Ipoh fellows, be more exposed yourself. Beyonce is nothing but shaking her ass.
Old 26-12-2003, 09:24 PM

and i would say "Techno Music" is for those who has no knowledge in music or have no music sense at all in themselves. Just check it out, what type of people are enjoying Techno Music in most of the Disco. I'm not trying to be rude but if you go down to Shuttle Eight, those who are enjoying that Techno shit is like an "Un Educated Barbarian". Don't mis-relate the techno with Estacy. People are taking more serious shit kind of drugs with Alternative music or even Heavy Metal. Check this Mutha Fucka of Marily Manson. He's kick ass, man! LMF from HK is a pretty new shit in Malaysia too. But still people can't accept them cos they sing in Four letter words. C'mon malaysian, don't you speak four letter words as well? F***ing it, don't pretend to be so Holy! Be real!

(Moderator's message: sorrie ysr, but better not use this word in this forum. Thanks.)

[ 27.12.2003, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: CKH ]
Old 28-12-2003, 01:51 PM
Starfruit

I don't mind pop idols which can be cool (pop is nonsense sometmes but it's infectious...like how I thought Dido was a so-so singer, until I get to listen to her single everyday in my car and heck, I can hum the lyrics and sing like with the song!). But techno???? My goodness, there are no lyrics, there are no meaning behind the rhythm, it lacks emotions, it's just goes on and on with those funny sounding music which I would never comprehend.

Moby still okay lah, Bjork??? I think she's too strange and constantly singing out of tune n Bjork isn't my forte.No thanx.

So, as a conclusion, Ipoh should have a variety of clubs, and I mean clubs which invite constant international DJ's/artistes to play here. We should also have R&B clubs,latin,rock clubs, etc.And good live bands who can sing and perform well are great.

What I mean is : when we feel like listening to R&B, we know which club to go to. When we want to really want to hear some acoustic guitar, we know which club has such music. When we want to listen to canto-pop or mando-pop, we know there are clubs spinning such genre. So, we will never get bored with the same old format of the same old tunes.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:28 PM
Duku Langsat

@ B3nG is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to @ B3nG Send a message via Yahoo to @ B3nG
what i think...hmmmm let me get a shot...
i think the ipohreans loves ALL the songs from the RADIO channels... if the songs which never came out from the radio.... they're not a hit in ipoh. If you get wat i mean... ipoh people RARELY get a random cd from a music store and try it out....
Old 05-01-2004, 12:52 PM
Starfruit

let's see.

i think the radio is the promotion box. I will never go and buy someone's cd if i dont know who the heck the guy or girl is and wwha kind of music they sing. CD's I'll never buy includes Cheeky Girls (Good Lord!), Bjork and the whole legions which sound like them.I think all CD stores should have a test section where you can get to listen to sample CD's before u buy them.And they also should feature lists of Billboard Countdown singles or whatever top ten contdown as well as albums and brochures and magazines to actually let listeners decide what to buy by reading these materials.

Not just the normal shop where u enter and the sales girl who gives you a stare and ask you 'Nak cari apa??'

and let's give ipoh youths a variety of music to enjoy and explore and let's have a vareity of clubs as well. And try bringing in performances and concerts for us, poor deprived ipoh lasses and lads.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:20 PM
Watermelon

lalachai is an unknown quantity at this point
some songs which they never put over the radio are cool too..

the bands are like chem brothers, crystal method.. armand van helden...

jazz are cool too, nat king cole..Stacey Kent, Ella Fitzgerald...

hehhe cant live without music..

lala
Sponsored Links