IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Bangsa Malaysia > Bangsa Malaysia
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bangsa Malaysia Berikan pendapat anda bagi mewujudkan BANGSA MALAYSIA!

Old 24-11-2006, 02:42 PM
Uncle show you goldfish..
Mangosteen - The Queen

seantang is on a distinguished road
Default Strange mindset. Musings: By MARINA MAHATHIR

Strange mindset
Musings: By MARINA MAHATHIR
http://thestar.com.my/lifestyle/stor...&sec=lifefocus

LOOKING at recent developments, I think there should be a new association registered for the propagation of the shallow and superficial. It should be called, for short, the SS.

The SS is open for membership to people who have nothing better to do with their lives than look for monsters under their beds, enemies in their blankets or crosses in their buns. The first members of the SS are the people who believe that the path to hell is paved with ice-cream biscuits.

In case there are still people out there who only read the mainstream papers and therefore have been blissfully cocooned in ignorance, a group of defenders of the faith have lodged a report that a certain brand of ice-cream biscuits have (Christian) crosses on them, and therefore this is a grave threat to our faith. If any of us were unaware that all it takes is ice-cream to melt our faith, now we know.

The SS would comprise of people who really believe that their faith needs to be protected from confectionery, lipstick, books, magazines, songs, maybe even SpongeBob SquarePants. Everything should be scrutinized for their ability to creep into one’s soul and destroy one’s beliefs. Having laws that allow for this scrutiny would apparently show how superior and strong their religion is.

The SS are not in the least bit interested in any real issues that might truly be threats to their community. Not for them the trivial matters of poverty and hunger nor of people being bombed to death every day in Iraq or Palestine, or dying of diseases such as AIDS. Nay, these are unimportant compared to the dangers of ice-cream and lipstick.

In case anyone thinks I am making this up, some people might remember that in the days before the United States invaded Iraq, an e-mail listing out the brands of cosmetics one should not use because their lipsticks were not halal was passed around. Undoubtedly, several hundred thousand dead Iraqis later, those who boycotted those lipsticks feel very good now.

Let us not forget other SS members, those who should be conferred the special title Simple-Minded and Stupid, otherwise known as SMS. These are the sorts who believe every little message that comes into their hot little phones, no matter how unlikely.

Without even asking simple questions like “Is it true?”, they pass them on as if they were, well, gospel. Even worse, instead of just relying on electronic gadgets, which one can always blame technology for, they pass on these messages verbally to other members of the SS, all of whom accept everything the SMS say is literally The Word of God.

The alleged Word of God is then borne into action by Korrupt Kombative Knuckleheads, otherwise known as the KKK. These will do things like throw firecrackers into churchyards, destroy temples and raid married people’s bedrooms. Pretty soon we may find them dressing up in bedsheets and stringing up people they don’t like on trees.

One thing about the SS, the SMS and the KKK is that they never take responsibility for anything. Unlike hijackers, kidnappers and terrorists who want to be known as people who do bad deeds, the Malaysian versions don’t own up to anything. If SS or SMS talk about how Other People are bad, and the KKK then go and string up people by their necks, the SS and SMS simply put their hands up and say, “But I never told them to do that. I only mentioned these things in passing.”

Thus they can pass out simpleminded but dangerous messages without having to take the consequences. Unlike Other People who are constantly being threatened with all sorts of Dire Consequences should they so much as open their mouths. This is how less than a dozen people talking peace and goodwill can be told to shut up in the face of 10,000 talking war and hate. It’s the same sort of argument some Neanderthals make about cameras peering in inappropriate places; the victims shouldn’t have worn skirts.

The sad thing is that an association like the SS would have so many members in this country. While those who are reasonable, moderate and tolerant are getting marginalized every day.

The voice of hate is these days so much louder than the voice of peace, love and inclusiveness. Just as we don’t see the supreme irony of trumpeting our religious superiority while at the same time claiming that it only takes biscuits to destroy us, we don’t see the irony of extolling ourselves as a superior race while at the same time insisting on crutches and handouts.
Sponsored Links
Old 24-11-2006, 06:38 PM
The Kung Fu Tupai
Durian - The King

Chinerama is an unknown quantity at this point

Bravo!!
Old 24-11-2006, 07:33 PM
Watermelon

Gemukkk is an unknown quantity at this point

everyone can write columns in good english. everyone likes to condemn others (yeah, me too).

i would like to count what has she done to benefit the poor, orphans, special people, disaster victims, etc.
sadly, i cant go above 0 yet.
dia sudah tua and ada 'cable' besar (her father), yet i dont see anything all these years.

helping aids victim? give me a break. being a puppet head is no worthy pride to crow. please, her so-called sole achievement is an insult to all doctors in the goverment service (yeah, including my amoi).

SIS? yeah, yeah, yeah. so what has SIS managed so far?

talk about pot calling the kettle black. no action, talk cock only.
Old 24-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Mangosteen - The Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemukkk
talk about pot calling the kettle black. no action, talk cock only.
That argument is not an argument at all.

Just like how a lot of people called LKY a pot because he made some comments about a kettle marginalising other kitchen utensils.

Whatever they are deemed "eligible" to speak or whether they've paid their "dues" (whatever one might define those dues should be) to speak their mind... well, that doesn't concern us. Well, at least it doesn't concern me.

All that matters is whether these people are speaking the truth. I feel she is and I can guarantee you that 7.5 million Malaysians feel the same, even if that truth is not the accepted version by some quarters.

If one feels that there is a need to rebut her points, go ahead. I'm all ears. But to argue that her failings (whatever you perceive them to be), disqualifies her from pointing out the failings of others... is as I said, not even an argument
Old 24-11-2006, 09:50 PM
Watermelon

Gemukkk is an unknown quantity at this point

sure she can say her thing.

and when there is no respect, it is easy to attribute her columns as rantings of a post-menopause woman.

at her position, there can be so many possibilities. look to the late lady diana...
as always, no action, talk cock only. typical bodohland attitude.

so if people want to listen to her, go ahead.

me, i'd rather exercise my rights. at least pas has won credible victories and made bn buckle up..
Old 24-11-2006, 10:18 PM
Mangosteen - The Queen

Quote:
sure she can say her thing.
and when there is no respect, it is easy to attribute her columns as rantings of a post-menopause woman.
Fair enough. I recall the same line of argument in the threads related to Perak's mufti. Only there, our roles were reversed and the post menopausal woman was a religious zealot.

Quote:
at her position, there can be so many possibilities. look to the late lady diana...
as always, no action, talk cock only. typical bodohland attitude.
Ah well... I'm not a former PM's daughter. So I have no idea what's possible.

All I can say is that she has given voice to the EXACT thoughts of non-Muslim Malaysians. Whether those views are fair or unfair, that's another matter.

Fact remains that if any non-Malay living in Malaysia writes an article like that in a mainstream newspaper, he's going to be wearing striped baggy pants with drawstrings, eating curry rice out of a tin can squatting barefoot next to drain... assuming that the newspaper will publish it in the first place. After all, we don't want to "force" millions to run amok.

Quote:
me, i'd rather exercise my rights. at least pas has won credible victories and made bn buckle up..
As will I during the next election. Not in support of PAS though.
Old 24-11-2006, 11:04 PM
The makcik!
Durian - The King

Yugi is an unknown quantity at this point

Very good article, Seantan.

Gemukkk, sorry to hear your voices here, sad to know... cyber Malay friends...
Old 25-11-2006, 11:23 AM
The Kung Fu Tupai
Durian - The King

Chinerama is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Gemukk,

You mentioned that Marina is just talking but not doing. The way I see it is that the corrupt government's control is so powerful now that it's hard for anyone that opposes their sinful actions to actually do anything to them. They are now like The Invincibles or The Untouchables and the sad thing is that these government people's actions reflect it too.

What we as normal citizens can do is to educate the people who are unaware of what is happening and are taken in by the token actions of the government to keep the votes (build roads before election, give out meagre freebies while they pocket the rest). So that people power will hopefully eventually force a change in our administration. Only then, will there be a change for the better for the people of Malaysia.

Therefore, what Marina is talking about in her column is actually DOING what all of us would like to do but can't as in Sean's quote below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seantang
Fact remains that if any non-Malay living in Malaysia writes an article like that in a mainstream newspaper, he's going to be wearing striped baggy pants with drawstrings, eating curry rice out of a tin can squatting barefoot next to drain... assuming that the newspaper will publish it in the first place. After all, we don't want to "force" millions to run amok.

Oh well, guess my 2 cents is up for this one