The people at JPM Motorsport are happy to announce that JPM Motorsport Sdn Bhd has been accorded with the Promotion and Organization rights for the above event to be held on the 18th and 19th of June 2011 at the Sepang International Circuit (the SIC).
This is the eleventh year that this prestigious event will be held in Malaysia, and this year JPM Motorsport will be taking over this honor from SIC in organizing and promoting it.
As this is totally a private and commercial venture without any direct funding from the Government of Malaysia, JPM Motorsport obviously intend and is committed to ensure that this year’s event will be a huge success, in attracting visitors and spectators from Malaysia and abroad. Their target is to attract 50,000 spectators to the circuit for the race weekend.
In achieving that, JPM Motorsport will be transforming the Sepang F1 Circuit into a Carnival City for the weekend, with a lively mix of on-track and off-track activities to provide a wholesome entertainment filled weekend for motorsport enthusiasts and families alike. The off-track activities will include Variety Food Fest, Weekend Bazaar, Kid Entertainment and Fun Zone, Cultural Show, Flea Market, Rave Parties, Live Rock Concert, SuperGT AutoSalon, SuperGT Motorshow and also an air stunt show by an ex-Hungarian National Aerobatic Team pilot (Les Vorosmarthy) who flew in the 1998 World Championship.
In addition to the above JPM Motorsport will also be organizing the Biggest Super/Performance Car Gathering at the Sepang F1 Track on Sunday 19th of June 2011. As most of you are aware, the Sepang F1 Track is 5.53km in length. Their plan is to lineup the Super/Performance cars back to back along the entire track. An estimation of such arrangement would require between 600 to 650 cars of various models and sizes. It is for this reason that JPM Motorsport would like extend their invitation to CAR CLUBs, supercar and performance car owners to facilitate and assist them in making this record breaking event a success. To encourage the club members, friends or anyone who are keen to be part of this record breaking attempt, JPM Motorsport would like to offer 4x Granstand Tickets
worth RM400 to each participating car.
As the gathering is held in conjunction with Super GT, the biggest Japanese Motorsport event in Malaysia, JPM Motorsport would also like to take this opportunity to raise some fund for the recent Japanese earthquake/tsunami victims. As an option, all participating car are “encouraged” to donate RM50 or more to this fund. Please write your cheques payable to “Aid For Japan” or you can also direct credit to United Oversea Bank Bhd, A/C No: 37530010392. JPM Motorsport shall also reward the donor with a set of Super GT t-shit & cap worth RM60.
For the record breaking effort JPM Motorsport would also be seeking several sponsors to contribute various goodies to all the participants which will be announced later. Confirmed sponsors include Tumasek Pewter Malaysia, who will provide each participating car with a “Biggest Super/Performance Car Gathering” pewter plaque. Another effort being looked into now is also to have a big number of Super/Luxury Bikes (Ducati & Harley) to ride along the track while the record is being achieved. NAZA WHEELS has agreed to facilitate the arrangement with both DUKE and HOG. We believe such a feat has never been done in any F1 Track in the world and we are now making arrangement to register the attempt in our Malaysia Book Of Record. The tentative itinerary for this record breaking event shall be done in the following manner on 19th June 2011.
Sun 19th June 2011
– Classic car support race (8Laps)
– Thailand Toyota Vios/Yaris Challenge (10 laps)
– Super GT Cars warm up session
– Circuit Safari
– Arrival of all participating Super/Performance car to SIC. All early arrivals will have their cars guided into the South Track Support Pit area or VIP Car Park at North Track. Once the car park/Support Pit is full remaining cars will be parked and queued along road leading to pit or park at VIP car park next to Welcome Center (Px). All Superbikes, DUKE and HOG will also be parked at VIP Car Park (Px).
– All participating cars will move out from Support Pit/car park to Main Straight on North Track. Cars will be parked 4 in a row 50 meters before Turn 1. JPM Motorsport envisage that with 600 over cars, the line will be up to beginning of Turn 15 on South Track. All cars shall remain parked on track until further notice by the Marshalls. Participating Bikers will also have their bikes parked next to the cars. All drivers/riders will be allowed to get off from their car and be guests for the Pit Walkabout Session.
– Official Pit Walkabout Session open to public. All drivers/riders get ready to be called around 13.15pm to get back to their car for next activity.
– Cars moving out one by one on single file pattern. 1st car will drive round the F1 track to join the last car on the track and stop at the Starting Grid on the North Track. Bikers will ride along the track next to the cars. JPM Motorsport expects once the record breaking queue is achieved the last car may only need to move from their parked position to just cross the Starting Grid line. The moment all cars/bikes are lined up along the track and the record is set, all cars/bikes shall start moving back to North/South Track car park and Support Pit via pit entrance immediately after Turn 14 and Turn 6.
– GT ASIA Series (10 laps)
– Super GT START PROCEDURE
– Super GT Race Start (54 laps)
– Super GT Race Finish
DEFINITION OF SUPER/PERFORMANCE CARS
• European 2 doors sports car : Aston Martin, Audi, Bentley, BMW, Bugatti, Ferrari, Jaguar, Lamborghini, Lotus, Maserati, Mercedes, McLaren, Porsche, TVR, VW Scirocco, MINI Cooper S.
• European 4 doors : AMG 63, M5, RS4/5, Golf GTi (subject to Organizer acceptance)
• Japanese Make:
o 2 doors Nissan Sports Car: Nissan GTR, Nissan Skyline GTR 33, Nissan Skyline GTR 34, Nissan 350Z, Nissan 370Z
o 2 doors Toyota/Lexus Sports Car: Toyota Supra, Toyota MRS, Toyota Soarer, Lexus SC430
o 2 doors Honda/Mazda Sports Car: Honda NSX, Honda Integra Type R, Honda S2000, Mazda RX8
o 4 doors Sports Car: Honda Civic Type R, Subaru STi, Mitsubishi EV0 7/8/9/X (subject to Organizer acceptance)