IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > IT - Information Technology > Computer Hardware > Digital Cameras
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29-07-2006, 09:38 AM
The makcik!
Durian - The King

Yugi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Videoing with my digital cameras, how good...

Dear all,

I have my cannon digital camera with videoing function. I would like to know how good is using this dig cam to video in a graduation hall. Hope to get your sharing. Thanks.

Camera Name & Model: CanonPowerShotA430

Last edited by Yugi : 29-07-2006 at 09:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 29-07-2006, 11:36 AM
Strawberry

Babyripp is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Babyripp Send a message via Yahoo to Babyripp

I'm using canon too and mine is the canon powershot sd30. the specifications for taking video in both (mine n yours) are similar.

first u shud determine the size of video u wanna take. there are 2 which is 640X480(in pixels) or 320X240. Larger will require greater memory space and the picture per frame is less.. this means.. if u use smaller size video, the video will be smoother. but that's not the main concern because, both are relatively not that smooth if compared to proper digital camcorder.

the lighting is very important. since the hall may be dark... also.. u must be close to where the action is la.. in this case, u shud at least seat in the front row to actually get to capture ppl getting their certificates and such lah. If u use zoom, then ur video will be shaky... and grainy.. unless if it's using optical zoom.. it will still be shaky but less grainy

The other thing u shud consider is to have a memory card with huge space.. at least 256mb so that u can get enough video in one go.

I used my camera during the Coldplay concert in singapore last few weeks, I was sitting so far away.. but I didn expect to get good pictures at all.. Luck was on my side, the videos were better than my expectations. So.. really.. u shud not expect the pictures to be clear. I have a sample if u wanna see.. but it's just a picture of my friend eating so since it's a close up, it's not considered challenging for the camera to get a decent video. Also the file size has been reduced by youtube.com. So this is what u get after a few file compressions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgGmy8giFlM

Last edited by Babyripp : 29-07-2006 at 11:42 AM.
Old 29-07-2006, 11:38 AM
Strawberry

Babyripp is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Babyripp Send a message via Yahoo to Babyripp

you need to test ur camera video capabilities before using it coz some camera will stop the video automatically after 1 minute recording to store it. then u have to press record again.

erm.. I hope u can understand my twisted sentences, if not i will be happy to clarify
Old 29-07-2006, 01:06 PM
Durian - The King

kris is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't use the digicam to do proper videos unless I have no choice. Videos generally take up lots of memory which runs into tens of MB's, which is only practical to store in tapes or CD or Hard disk. The memory cards would not able able to store videos for more than 15 mins I think.

Other disadvantages of digicam for video:
- low video picture quality
- low zooming capability
- not capable of video under low light conditions

Last edited by kris : 29-07-2006 at 01:09 PM.
Old 29-07-2006, 03:05 PM
The makcik!
Durian - The King

BBR,

Thanks for replying. I got what you posted though not exactly. I have a tech person told me that dig cam videoing is not good to convert to iMovie as of quality pointed out by you. There is no way to get to the front row for graduation videoing, so... the distance is probably on the second floor and could be more than a mile away, probably nearer that i am not sured.

Kris,
what you would suggest other than dig cam? I know that is a kind of video camera that uses tape to record and then input to some kind of software, but not sure what it is. Please will you? Thanks.
Old 30-07-2006, 06:57 AM
Durian - The King

carimakan is an unknown quantity at this point

All digital video cameras come completed with software editing programs. All are just plug and play, drag and drop thingy. Nothing technical about that.

Now recording devices include tapes, dvd, memory cards and hdd. The units themselves are just palm sized.

Video recording using a digitalcam is just for the spur of moment (at least to me).
Old 30-07-2006, 08:26 AM
The makcik!
Durian - The King

Okie, I got it now. I will loan from de. H when my day is there. Thanks. CM. you use "thingy" too ar... Just come to know what is thingy.
Old 31-07-2006, 12:12 AM
Durian - The King

kris is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
All are just plug and play

CM, that's your favourite isn't it..hehe

Yugi
Video cameras are very affordable nowadays lah. You can get a simple one in Boleh for RM1000+ for those using tapes, RM2000+ for those with CD burners/ hard disk drive. Another reason those small digicams are no good for taking video is that it is not easy to hold them steadily for several minutes.
Old 31-07-2006, 06:44 AM
The makcik!
Durian - The King

Thanks, Kris. I am not affordable for those dig video cam as mentioned by you. But, I will find ways to video...the outcome will depends.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:09 PM

myke is on a distinguished road

There is a site I would like to share with camera lovers. Its a site to buy , sell or trade your digital camera.

http://buysell.lesous.com
Sponsored Links