IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Ipoh Online Web Forum > City Focus
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

City Focus If you feel strongly about certain issues concerning the state of PERAK and IPOH, let your thoughts be known!

Old 29-03-2006, 08:47 AM
Banana

Cyberkahuna2 is on a distinguished road
Default Migration to Ipoh from Los Angeles!

I know most of you have questions about migration to US, Australia and UK. How about migration to Bolehland.. more specifically Ipoh.. In a nutshell, I am planning to return to Perak within the next 4 to 5 years. I have a vacation home in the quaint town of Lumut where I can enjoy the sunset with a view to sea, but Ipoh seems to be place I am looking to get a decent home, even a condo would be sufficient. With fond memories of Ipoh, but having seen how dead the Ipoh old town was on my last trip, I am a bit confused as to where are all the Ipohans? I have fond memories of Ipoh Garden, Taman Senivasgam, Japanese Garden, racehorse track and etc.etc... but looks like Ipoh itself has scattered around. Can all of you gentle people of Ipoh give me your valued opinion of where would be a nice place to live with first concern is security, convenience, amenities and generally nice neighbors? Wherever you are living now in Ipoh, tell me why you choose where you live? I dont need gd school districts. No kids, just me and my sweetie. Good food around is a plus.....hawker food even better. Some beer buddies would be great. Who knows? I may end up in your neighborhood in the not so distant future. Ipoh... here I am "kambing" soon... hahaha
Sponsored Links
Old 29-03-2006, 09:55 AM
Durian - The King

carimakan is an unknown quantity at this point

Meru Valley, no doubt about that! See "where is home" thread with context by Kris.
Old 29-03-2006, 10:20 AM
Not Matchstick WIth Boobs
Durian - The King

Nur is an unknown quantity at this point

HELOO
cyberkahuna.. i think u made a great choice. i 'migrate' to ipoh accidently as i got posted here from KL, and i am in love with this city.
Old 29-03-2006, 10:35 AM
Durian - The King

kris is an unknown quantity at this point

I second Carimakan. Meru is worth considering in your case..not that I'm trying to promote Meru.

Advantages:
- proximity to N-S Highways/Lumut Highway, convenient access to S'wan/KL/Penang
- gated and guarded community, surrounded by hills
- quiet/clean air
- facilities- golf course, club house
- beautiful view (depends on location)
- choice of properties to suit your budget (apartments to hugh bungalows)
- respectable neighbours (ada kelas sikit)

Minuses
- I dont like the access through the kampong lar
- Poor TV Reception
- a bit far by Ipoh standards
Old 29-03-2006, 10:45 AM
Guava

One_World is off the scale

Wohoo, I can get into the new forum now .

Yeah Ipoh is a nice place to retire .

Ipoh Garden is nice place to live especially near those eating stores

cheers
Old 29-03-2006, 10:52 AM
Not Matchstick WIth Boobs
Durian - The King

Nur is an unknown quantity at this point

hey welcome back one world!
Old 29-03-2006, 11:12 AM
Banana

Default Thanks.... Meru... Whre r U?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
I second Carimakan. Meru is worth considering in your case..not that I'm trying to promote Meru.

Advantages:
- proximity to N-S Highways/Lumut Highway, convenient access to S'wan/KL/Penang
- gated and guarded community, surrounded by hills
- quiet/clean air
- facilities- golf course, club house
- beautiful view (depends on location)
- choice of properties to suit your budget (apartments to hugh bungalows)
- respectable neighbours (ada kelas sikit)

Minuses
- I dont like the access through the kampong lar
- Poor TV Reception
- a bit far by Ipoh standards

Sounds wonderful... but when you say access through kampong.. do you mean it is kind of remote in a sense that... we have to pass through unsafe kampong areas? Dont want to be jumped at or have some opportunist block the small road just to rob a few bucks...

Apart from that... condo living sounds great... if it is gate community.. so that we can just lock and go fly to US, say hello to Oldtimer and wife... or just stay in Chiangmai for a couple of months and be home again. Wanna come home to an intact home, not a ransacked home. My cousin have a nice bungalow in Sitiawan... went for 2 weeks vacation in Europe.. came home to an empty house.. Tv and all goodies gone... and it happened to another friend of mine in KL too. Nice bungalow.. lousy security. I dont wanna be a guard in my own bungalow... so safety is a concern... anyway... for most Malaysians.. bungalow is the way to upgrade...

Thanks again for the info.. will scan Meru for more info on the web.. and visit it next trip...
Old 29-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Banana

Default Yummy yummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by One_World
Wohoo, I can get into the new forum now .

Yeah Ipoh is a nice place to retire .

Ipoh Garden is nice place to live especially near those eating stores

cheers

You are right... I am salivating when I think of all the good food in Ipoh Garden... Is Ipoh garden still a nice place to live.. any new housing projects in the vicinity? Anyone in the forum lives in Ipoh Garden? Please report...thanks.
Old 29-03-2006, 11:19 AM
Banana

Default Hmmm you luv living here....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nur
HELOO
cyberkahuna.. i think u made a great choice. i 'migrate' to ipoh accidently as i got posted here from KL, and i am in love with this city.

So where in Ipoh do you live? And tell me why you luv it here? Food? Neighbors? Slow traffic?

Thank you for sharing. Saya orang Sitiawan... hahha... but had great memories of Ipoh... wife is from Hong Kong.. so Ipoh will be more suitable co's she can work her cantonese here better compared to the foochows in Sitiawan...
Old 29-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Simple Minded Fellow
Durian - The King

Oldtimer is an unknown quantity at this point

Cyberkahuna,
Congratulations on your decision in picking Ipoh to kick back and relax. You'll definitely be greeted by all these friendly forummers here to socialize and minum kopi with. However, if and when you find the humidity too hard to readjust back to, you and your wife are welcomed to be our neighbors, too. It is also peaceful and calming here. That should give you another option to ponder upon.
OT
Sponsored Links