IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > World Events > Politics
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2016, 08:25 PM
Durian - The King

ipohan is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Former youth leader challenges Najib, A-G on OSA

KUALA LUMPUR: A former youth leader has filed a challenge on the Official Secrets Act (OSA) against Prime Minister Najib Abdul Razak and Auditor-General (A-G) Ambrin Buang.

He’s seeking to declassify the Auditor-General’s report on 1MDB. The report has been placed under the OSA.

“Classifying it under OSA is a breach of the law,” said former PKR Deputy Youth Chief Zahid Md Arip in an application for judicial review on Friday.

“The audit report should be presented to the Agong when it is completed.”
Zahid stressed there was a conflict of interest in classifying the audit report as a government secret. “The Prime Minister was alleged to be involved in the scandal.”

Besides seeking to declassify the audit report, Zahid wants it to be submitted to the Agong and presented in Parliament.

Zahid’s lawyer Haniff Khatri Abdulla said this is the first application in court seeking to lift the OSA mark. “Previously, there were applications seeking the discovery of classified documents to be used in trials,” he recalled.

Continue
Sponsored Links