IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Spiritualism > Understanding Buddhism
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26-06-2011, 10:36 PM
fortune
Durian - The King

fortune is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to fortune
Default Cheated by 'Monks'

KUALA LUMPUR: Fourteen people have lost more than RM1.6 million a scams involving so-called "holy men" who could make them rich.

MCA Public Services and Complaints Department head Datuk Michael Chong, who revealed this yesterday, cited a case involving a senior manager in a firm here who had been referred to him earlier this year.

"She lost around RM1 million -- RM715,000 of her own savings and RM163,000 which she borrowed from an Ah Long," he said at Wisma MCA yesterday.

He said syndicates had shifted their attention from the Chinese to the Malay community, as the Chinese were now more wary of such scams.

The syndicates would leave flyers on the windscreens of their targets' vehicles, giving the phone numbers to call for their service.

Those who call the numbers would be instructed to deposit money into a bank account, the amount depending on how much they wanted to win in the 4D lottery.

The syndicates would even send pictures and videos of monks praying for their windfall through short messaging service.

Sometimes, the unsuspecting victim would deposit more money for the "monks" for sacrifices and other ceremonies.

Umno Youth Community Complaints Bureau chairman Datuk Muhamad Khairun Aseh, who was also present, warned Malays against falling into the trap of these syndicates.

He said he had received many complaints from the public who claimed to have received flyers advertising the services of monks who could predict the winning 4D numbers.

"These syndicates were found to be focusing on upmarket areas, like Bangsar."

Khairun said his bureau was now getting the message out to the public about these syndicates and warned that gambling was haram for Muslims.
Sponsored Links