IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Development in Perak > Commercial Properties
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Commercial Properties Any comment on the Commercial Properties Development in Perak?

Old 07-07-2003, 01:20 PM
Banana

saraCen is off the scale
Red face

Ipoh didn't have tall building or skycrapers.
every - very visitors or outsiders will doubt this "Ipoh besar...tak de bangunan tinggi...mungkin tak maju kot?"

How about that unfinished tall building near DBI...its kinda funny our city cannot ccomplished the building.why Ipoh tak maju ke? malu tau.
In other town like Alor Star, Bukit Mertajam or Miri also have skycrapper but Ipoh didn't have even 20 stories one.

DBI and Kerajaan n egeri Perak ini must encourage development intensively. and be the development give Ipohian benefits. dont make many stupid terrace shophouse all the time. how about the city centre if people didn't have to go to their own city when shop is in their doors?

and how people wanna come here if people think Ipoh kampong because the lak of tall building and grass and lalang sporadicaround the town and the rivers?
Old 08-07-2003, 11:57 AM
Starfruit

ipohfella is off the scale
Send a message via AIM to ipohfella
yes,true.High rise buildings are the symbol of a vital and growing city,every growing city in the world, like shanghai or singapore or anywhere else, has high rise buildings.It shows the demand for office space is rising and it shows land is expensive to build low-lying buildings, hence it shows the city is in great demand. As for Ipoh, we are not in great demand ,hence no demand for high buildings.
Besides, maintaining a sky scraper is more expensive than maintaining a shophouse, so becoz ipoh's business community are usually the "kecil-kecilan" type, so they do not invest in specially made high rise office buildings.a shop lot is enuff for them.

I'd luv to see ipoh with high rise towers and buildings. But, it is only in my night dreams. I know it will never happen here.

[ 08.07.2003, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: ipohfella ]
Old 28-07-2003, 12:34 PM
Banana

saraCen is off the scale
Talking

it is true as a city level we must have certain of economic level but i agree we cant afford to have skyscrapper, just give up coz ipoh now deterioriting...dying u know.

okay....give up!
Old 28-07-2003, 10:59 PM
Starfruit

In my opinion, maybe the private sector can do something to lure investors and improve the conditions in Ipoh. Maybe the commerce chambers and other associations should help out to sell IPOh's potential to the world.
Old 10-10-2003, 09:26 PM
Durian - The King

ipohan is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down

There are not many high rise buildings in Ipoh because the demand is just not there.

The Perak Maybank head office (Bangunan Mayban Trust) is a 15-storey building. The building now is only 3-storey being occupied. The rest of the building are left vacant without any tenants. The owner should think of new usage beside office occupancy. How about setting up a college in the building? Any suggestions?

I think we have to wait at least another 10 years for the construction of new high rise building.
Old 10-10-2003, 09:58 PM
Starfruit

Yes, very true.

There must be demand. Not to say that there isn't much demand, but Ipoh business community still hasn't grasp the concept of high rise buildings.Most prefer to operate their businesses in 2-3 storey shophouses which look boring to me. For example, like you said, high rise shouldn't only be limited to office lots, but you can have service condos, shopping centres, colleges, restaurants, retail outlets, bars, cafes,etc.Ipoh people has to break out of that 'shell' in terms of modernising their city outlook. Basically, I feel sad when I see rotting shophoused which are not taken care of when I drive down Ipoh city. Trees and grasses grow on rooftops. My God...Where is the spirit of maintenance??? Vasically, I think Ipoh is getting ulgier with all these old buildings...There should be more high rise buildings in our city.

10 years??? If you get business and investors coming in, you can have high rise buildings in 3-5 years. It's just that Ipoh is always slacking and lagging in terms of economic growth and development! But of course, not many people trust Ipoh and they aren't confident of Ipoh's economy. Even local Ipoh businessmen branch out of Ipoh for further growth.
Old 11-10-2003, 12:35 PM
I'm not a senior
Rambutan

CKH is an unknown quantity at this point
I have to admit that Ipoh is becoming more common and common (hard to say the word "uglier")... we lack of high and nice buildings but we can see old buildings are almost everywhere in Ipoh... we only have Jaya Jusco (or Ipoh Parade) to be mentioned about... we lack of modern city outlook to attract more visitors as well as investors... How can we make Ipoh to be a modern city just like KL? (I guess even Penang and JB are much more better than our city... )
Old 11-10-2003, 01:13 PM
Starfruit

Actually, IPoh can be beautiful. One thing that pulls the city back is the lack of maintenance. These old shop houses and buildings have faded and peeling paint, the roofs have grasses on them, then you have all this "tahi-burung" on the sidewalks, the whole place look like some ancient ruins of the pyramids of Giza! My goodness gracious...

Look at how the Singaporeans have done to their heritage buildings. Look at Penang's efforts to refurbish and maintain their heritage buildings. Too sad in Ipoh the people are rather quite "ulu" and "ignorant" or probably they are not financially able to restore the old buildings. Poor Ipoh.

Maybe there should be more high rise condo's and apartments build in the city centre, rather than the usual houses. The concept of Ipoh city should change. The skyline should have more high rise buildings. Shouldn't a city be that way???

Even our Jusco is just a so-so building.It's only like 2 storey high (minus parking areas and cinema).Ipoh Parade also so-so only.

Quote:
How can we make Ipoh to be a modern city just like KL? (I guess even Penang and JB are much more better than our city... )

The city council and the business community has to put in some "taste" and "creativity" in terms of building beautiful buildings with nice architecture. Maybe we cannot afford, that I dunno. Bt, it's not going to be appealing to have the same conventional square building concept which bore people out of their heads.
Old 12-05-2004, 04:26 PM
Durian - The King

KHS_Ipoh is off the scale
No doubt that tall buildings is a sign of development. But, development comes at a cost to us, namely, traffic congestion and higher cost of living.
Personally, I prefer that the population is spread out as we have plenty of available land, unlike S'pore or Hong Kong.

Say TAK NAK to Barang Naik govt.

TIME WILL TELL!!!
Old 12-05-2004, 11:30 PM
Starfruit

well,congestion does happen in Ipoh already.It might be because of the problem with our public transport. Everyone drives or prefer to drive. If we have an effcient public transport catered for the entire population, there might not be much congestion.

High cost of living is an eventual thing. Ipoh might have cheap prices for some things, but some other things are gettin more expensive.Plus the meagre salary scale most IPohites get.

Population spread out in IPoh, is more like IPohites spreading 'elsewhere' to Klang Valley,Penang,Singapore or overseas.In order to spread Ipohites evenly within Kinta Valley, there must be development all over the place.As we all know,development brings the jobs,opportunities,the people,the spending power,etc.

What IPoh needs is an identity.A building which outsiders can identify ipoh with.Perhaps a tower or a skyscraper.A landmark.

just a little opinion.