IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Spiritualism > Understanding Islam
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17-04-2016, 05:49 PM
Durian - The King

ipohan is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation By revering Zakir Naik, Malaysia is endorsing his malice

APRIL 10 — While you might not be familiar with Zakir Naik, the Mumbai-born preacher is undoubtedly one of the most popular Muslim televangelists worldwide.

The official Facebook page of the Islamic Research Foundation president has over 12 million likes; his Twitter account has nearly 86,000 followers; while his YouTube videos regular rake up six-digit views. His Peace TV channel claims at least 50 million subscribers in 125 countries.

But for a taste of what makes Naik notorious, consider this: He has been denied entry by at least two countries, the United Kingdom and Canada.

In June 2010, Naik was denied entry by UK Home Secretary Theresa May, citing his “unacceptable behaviour”.

In the same month, he was banned by Canada after the founder of the Muslim Canadian Congress, the Pakistan-born Tarek Fatah, sent a mass email to Canadian MPs warning against Naik’s inflammatory views.

While a ban should never be the catch-all solution for offensive speech, the actions taken by the two governments demonstrated their concern about the sort of provocative remarks Naik has made ever since he started preaching in 1991.

Chief among their concerns would probably be his questionable stance on terrorism perpetuated by Islamic militants.

The most infamous was surely his support of al-Qaeda jihadists and Osama bin Laden in a lecture delivered to a crowd of thousands in 2006, calling for “every Muslim to be a terrorist”.

“If he [Osama] is terrorising the terrorist, if he’s terrorising America, the biggest terrorist, I’m with him.

- See more at: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/op....s2giS43g.dpuf
Sponsored Links
Old 18-04-2016, 09:20 PM
Durian - The King

ipohan is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb My verdict from observing Muslim preacher Zakir Naik

COMMENT The evening started at 5pm with typical evangelical sessions - one Indian Christian convert, one Chinese Buddhist convert and Fariq Naik (Dr Zakir Naik's son) gave a 30-minute speech on why they converted to Islam and why they think Islam is the only religion that God approves.

There was absolutely nothing new in their speeches and so I was hardly convinced, despite their exhortations to a frenzied crowd.

Now that I've spent some nine hours (yes, through heavy rain and technical glitches with the sound system) with first-hand experience, I can confidently provide my verdict on this evangelist, Dr Zakir Naik, as I was there till 2am the following day.

First the pros:
1) He appears very well read in Islam and Christianity, and quite knowledgeable in Hinduism and Jewism;
2) He is a very charismatic speaker who appeals to the masses, especially to the less initiated who probably don't possess a historical bend;
3) He claims to be a man of science and indeed, his knowledge of science, history and astronomy is very impressive;
4) I swear he has a photographic memory as he was able to spew phrases from the Quran, Bible, Torah and Vedas at ease. I guess his confidence leads no one to counter-check as the person who spotted his 25 factual errors in five minutes and posted it on Youtube;
5) Zakir has a lot of stamina (he was on stage for almost five hours) and did not show any sign of fatigue at all; and
6) He is very persuasive in his arguments and can easily convince those who are in the "half-way" line. For example, he asked all the questioners if they believed that (a) there is one God and (b) if the Prophet Muhammad was the last messenger. When they answered "yes" to both, he declared them as Muslim even though clearly, they were not and had no intention to convert. I believe a few told him this outright when further goaded.

Now the cons:
1) There is no doubt that his lectures are a blatant attempt to convert. Indeed, there were four "instant converts" (an Indian Hindu, a Sarawakian Catholic, a local Catholic and a local Buddhist) during his session. Although these four swore that they were converting freely, their "spontaneity" was a little questionable. In fact, after each question session, Zakir will subtly goad his questioner to convert. Although he openly declared that he is not out there to convert, clearly he aims to do so and Zaid Ibrahim was dead right about his real motive;
Sponsored Links