IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > P E T S . . . > Cats
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2011, 05:48 PM
fortune
Durian - The King

fortune is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to fortune
Default Cat abuse

HEARTLESS: The video clip showing the youth beating a kitten with an umbrella and stomping on it

PETALING JAYA: A video clip showing a youth brutally abusing cats has surfaced on social networking site Facebook, sparking more uproar on animal abuse after the infamous poodle abuse clip on YouTube in January.

In the five-minute closed-circuit television (CCTV) footage, allegedly captured in Serdang, Selangor, a youth was merciless at literally getting several cats out of his sight.

Attired in a dark collared T-shirt, white shorts and a baseball cap, the youth repeatedly beat the kittens with an umbrella. One kitten was seen limping away while another lay motionlessly on the floor.

He poked the cat with the tip of his umbrella and when an adult cat dashed forward to the kitten’s aid, he chased it away.

“Even a cat has compassion for her kittens,” a Facebook user posted.

The kitten, too weak to escape the abuse, was kicked and stomped before trying to find refuge near the grilles of what appeared to be the inside of a warehouse.

Putting away his umbrella, the youth picked up another kitten and threw it on the ground and stomped on it twice.

“He knows the CCTV was there. He did it on purpose!” a user commented.

A man was seen passing by but he did not stop the youth.

The disturbing clip, posted last week, has generated more than 1,000 comments from local and international Facebook users, with many expressing disgust and rage.

Some users said they cried while watching the clip and some could not bear to watch the scenes.

“I don't understand his action. Kittens are so cute and innocent. They did not bother him at all. If they do, they would only beg for food or love. Why kill a life?” said another user.

“Is he unable to cope with life that he had to torture these tame creatures?”

Incredibly, the clip also generated 129 "likes".

Another user said the youth looked like a girl. “It’s not a he, it’s a she,” the user commented.

The clip may be viewed at www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v =1895256344554&oid=276194922385&comments)

'A monster who deserves no mercy'

PETALING JAYA: The public have been urged to provide information on a youth, believed to be from Serdang, Selangor, who is seen abusing several kittens in a video clip on Facebook.

When contacted by The Malay Mail, a spokesman for the Department of Veterinary Services (DVS) said: "For us to take action, it would help if those with information lodge a police report and provide all the necessary details."

Malaysian Animal Rights Society president N. Surendran said: "The culprit must be punished for his atrocity. He urge the public with information to come forward so police can arrest him. Animal abuse should never be tolerated."

Malaysian Animal Welfare Society president Shenaaz Khan said: "Previously, a poodle and now kittens. It's barbarism on a whole new level. The youth is a monster who deserves no mercy under the eyes of the law. Anyone with information should do society a favour by exposing him."
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2011, 07:25 PM
fortune
Durian - The King

fortune is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to fortune

KUALA LUMPUR: The woman caught on CCTV abusing several kittens has apologised for her actions, claiming she was suffering from depression when she committed the act.

"I could not control my emotions at that moment, but now realise I made a terrible mistake, after watching the video myself," said Chow Xiao Wei.

The 20-year-old added that she was prepared to face the consequences, saying she was willing to do community service at the Society for Prevention of Cruelty Against Animals (SPCA).

The five-minute video clip surfaced on social networks about a week ago and was quickly spread by horrified viewers.

In the CCTV footage, a person wearing a cap was recorded hitting kittens with an umbrella, then stomping and kicking them.

After the video went viral, Chow's aquaintences, who recognised her from the video, posted personal information like her name and phone number online.

Chow soon began receiving threatening messages through SMS and on her Facebook account.

Due to the threats, she quit her job as a sales assistant and also lodged a police report.

Chow claimed that she was suffering from depression at that time, as her parents had divorced.

"Please give my daughter a second chance," pleaded her mother Cheong Poh Ling, who was with her during a press conference at Sri Kembangan assemblyman Ean Yong Hian Wah's office Sunday.

Cheong added that she had taken her daughter to a psychologist after hearing about the video, though she had not watched the video herself.

A crowd of animal lovers, including members of Petpositive and Malaysian Dogs Deserve Better (MDDB), gathered outside the office demanding to meet Chow.

A few representatives from animal welfare groups were later allowed in to talk to Chow, with assemblyman Ean present.

MDDB is attempting to file charges against Chow for animal cruelty, under Section 44 of the Animals Act 1953.

If found guilty of abusing the kittens, Chow faces either a fine of RM200 or six months in prison, or both.
Sponsored Links