IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Investment Talk > Investment Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Investment Talk We're now living in a world of challenging global economy where changes take place at a rapid pace. Investment Talk offers concerned Malaysians the opportunity to express their opinion on the performance of our country's economy in various sectors -- market watch, property talk, money market and others like unit trusts, bonds, bonus, dividends etc.

Old 27-09-2005, 12:05 AM
Mangosteen - The Queen

foon is off the scale
Question

What is your outlook on the economy in Malaysia(for instance emloyment rate, interest rate, inflation rate, Kuala Lumpur Composite Index and etc) in the near future? For better or worse?
Sponsored Links
Old 27-09-2005, 08:55 AM
We must prevail.....
Durian - The King

Ipohite39 is off the scale
With inflation going towards 4%, outstripping returns on FD at 3%, purchasing power of consumers is further eroded. Focus on Productiviity, Efficiency and Competitiveness would continue to take centre stage. Local interests rates may shoot up as the US interbank rate hits 3.75%. Unless local interest rates are increased, we'll have a much weaker Ringgit and hence exposure to higher imported inflation.
Old 27-09-2005, 10:46 PM
Mangosteen - The Queen

foon is off the scale
I39, do you notice that a topic under Investment usually end up with just you and me only? Are we this boring? [img]graemlins/roflmao.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/roflmao.gif[/img]
Old 28-09-2005, 08:54 AM
We must prevail.....
Durian - The King

Aiya, either ppl are lazy to read or too "kiamsap" to share investment info. The other possibilities are that they don't want to put things that other ppl can question, query or counter. But this is a public forum... and we are decent folks (what the heck?)
Old 28-09-2005, 10:42 AM
Mangosteen - The Queen

foon is off the scale
I was thinking that most are not interested in this kind of topic. Anyway, like what you've mentioned, it is possible that some are not willing to share or some are unable to take it when being questioned on their personal views.
Old 28-09-2005, 12:11 PM
Strawberry

Babyripp is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Babyripp Send a message via Yahoo to Babyripp
I'm just plain ignorant when it comes to a country's economy. Forgive coz I understand that it is important for one to know what's going on with the inflation and influx and all... Wait till I'm out there and earning... then I would certainly give much thought about the economy right? As for now, I be as thrifty as can be with the money that I was given and try to save some for emergencies. And ask someone who knows about the current economy status before buying anything huge
Old 28-09-2005, 02:50 PM
Simple Minded Fellow
Durian - The King

Oldtimer is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool

Foon & I39,
Not living in Ipoh or Malaysia makes it difficult for me to contribute to the topic, 'cause I truly don't have hands on experience. What I gather comes starightly from the news media or govt. In short, I won't be able to really talk about the economic issues on a personal basis. Sorry.......
OT
Old 28-09-2005, 03:13 PM
We must prevail.....
Durian - The King

yeah, OT you are most excused. Foon & I were mostly refering to the folks here in Malaysia who are working or are in business themselves. But you are most welcome to pose your ideas and questions. WE would be glad to answer any that we are familiar with.
Old 28-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Banana

KC Wong is off the scale
Send a message via AIM to KC Wong
The economy is expected to go down further in the next year or so. Look at Thailand, Indonesia and Europe. things are generally much slower.

In Thailand, they now sell bread in 4 pieces per pack. People are now asking for 3 pcs per pack. Just think how things are going to be in days ahead.

Go to any restaurant now, c how pack they are now ? Spend wisely, things will be bad.......... the high crude oil is making matter worst before it can get better.

all the world money will get suck to the oil producers and it will be months before teh money gets filtered out to the rest of the world again to get it going.
Old 29-09-2005, 02:19 PM
We must prevail.....
Durian - The King

Fat trimming and downsizing is expected to continue as industries try to re-engineer themselves. Even airlines are cutting domestic flights locally. We should always try to spend RM1 to save RM1.50 or RM2 cos' it'll be harder to raise prices by RM2 without losing business to your competitors.