IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Investment Talk > Investment Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Investment Talk We're now living in a world of challenging global economy where changes take place at a rapid pace. Investment Talk offers concerned Malaysians the opportunity to express their opinion on the performance of our country's economy in various sectors -- market watch, property talk, money market and others like unit trusts, bonds, bonus, dividends etc.

Old 31-10-2011, 09:45 AM
Banana

asiaforexmentor is on a distinguished road
Default Online Forex Trading: Are You A Lion or a Cub?

Online Forex Trading: Are You A Lion or a Cub?

ONLINE FOREX TRADING

This is something very crucial in real life and in forex trading.
Before we start: Characteristics of a Lion (King of the Jungle)
- Calm
- Powerful
- Confident
- Killing Instinct
Have you watch documentaries before on how do lions hunt?
Although lions themselves are a powerful predator, they still do not go out right up front to the prey and start chasing them from afar.
What they do is that they will fix their target on the weakest prey and move slowly and calmly towards the prey without gaining any attention.
Only when they are close enough and confident of getting their prey, will they Strike.

The nature of a lion and how he hunts his prey largely applies to forex trading.
Are you the type of trader who calmly wait for a setup (prey) to occur.
And if there is no setup (prey), they will retire back to rest and come back to hunt the next day.
OR – are you the trader who strikes everytime you see food. But to get themselves a back lash most of the time?
If you are the 2nd trader, you are like a baby cub.
When the cubs are young, their parents will teach them how to hunt.
And not to go out striking blindly.

Being calm is the characteristic of a lion.
But when he strikes, he is confident of a Kill.
That’s what a trader should do as well.
We will lie in wait for a setup occurance, and when it occurs.
We will strike it without hesitation.
But if there is no setup, we will retire to rest and do our things.
I hope you find the above analogy interesting, and it’s time to ask yourself.
Are you a Lion or a Cub in forex trading?
Check out our online forex trading AFM winning Price ActionForex Course where i teach you the exact FULL Forex Trading System & Strategies that i personally use to be consistently profitable.
See you on the other side my friend,
Asia Forex Mentor
Ezekiel Chew
Asia #1 Forex Mentor
www.asiaforexmentor.com
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2011, 10:39 PM
Banana

Default Aggressive Trading Psychology In Forex Market!

Aggressive trading psychology in Forex Market

Each forex currency pair has their specific behavior which differentiates itself from other currency pairs; similarly each trader have their own different trading style and strategies.

In this article we are going to focus on aggressive traders and how they plan their trades. We will highlight the factors that traders who are looking to follow an aggressive trading style should understand.

Being aggressive doesn’t mean using large stop loss or for that matter using no stop loss. Also it doesn’t mean entering many trades at a time and closing the ones that are in profit and let the ones that are in negative stay open, I will term that type of trading as reckless trading and this type of trading cannot produce profits.

Now explaining what I mean by aggressive trading; for example when we consider retracements using fibonacci, the weaker levels generally lay around 25% to 35% while stronger levels are generally around 50% to 61.8% levels. What aggressive traders do is that they focus on both levels and conservative traders wait for their opportunities around the stronger levels.
Aggressive forex traders can either choose to enter at both levels separately or sometimes can use strong trading levels to average out the first trade.

Since the aggressive trading requires more number of entries therefore the margin required for trading also is reflected in the same manner and margin requirement is on the higher side. Similarly the risk and profit factor are on the higher side for aggressive trading as there are instances when there are multiple transactions open up and averaging each other.
Another thing to remember, like all other factors, one should be very consistent in trading and should be following one consistent strategy. As the risk and reward factor is very high, generally only traders with large account size and reasonable experience indulge in such trading style.
Although I do not recommend aggressive trading, traders who are into it should manage their risk % appropriately and accept the high risk, high reward mentality. If you think that is not for you, I would recommend you to trade like majority of the pros do – By picking only the best trades with price action confirmation.
This way, although we trade lesser but we have a higher winning probability.
Forex is a psychology game, choose your path, demo it first and if it works for you. Stick to it whole heartedly. Do not jump ship when a new INTERESTING strategy comes along and you will be back to square 1. However if your strategy is not working for you, find out the problem, tweak it and keep practicing it til you got it perfected.
If you still have not found success in forex, check out our AFM winning Forex Course. It compromises of the whole system which traders need in order to trade successfully.
See you on the other side!
Asia Forex Mentor
Ezekiel Chew
Asia #1 Forex Mentor
www.asiaforexmentor.com
Old 09-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Banana

Default Singapore Special FREE Online Live Forex Training - Online Free Forex Seminar

Special for Singapore Only.

Free Online Live Forex Training - Absolutely Free.http://www.forexseminar.com.sg/special

What you will be learning in the Live Training:

- The system behind professional forex traders
- Exact strategies that you can take away immediately and implement to make money

"What you will learn here for Free is worth way more than the courses you have paid for out there"

Do not waste your time attending "free forex previews in singapore".

What they are teaching cannot be compared to what is taught here.

Attend the Live Forex Training at the comfort of your home.

Held by Asia #1 Forex Mentor,
Ezekiel Chew

P.S. I assure you it will be the most benefical 1 hr you ever had. Watch it here http://www.forexseminar.com.sg/special
Old 14-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Banana

Default What can we expect for the EUR and the USD?

Euro Crisis: What can we expect for the Eur and the Usd?

EURO CRISIS

It is only a matter of time for Greece to be declared bankrupt. And Greece is not the only country in Europe that has problems.
Europe will then most likely dip into a recession.
When that happens, the Euro as a combined currency cannot last much longer.
It will be a fact and a sad fact.
And the break of the Euro will eventually come.
So what can we expect from this Euro Crisis?
When Europe dips into recession. Their Euro currency will falter.
And then, the US dollar will become the last big currency standing.
Which means, people will start seeing the USD as a “safe haven” when the euro falters.
So it’s pretty clear on what will happen on this Euro Crisis:
The Euro will DIP (til it breaks/disband)
The US Dollar will go UP.

Euro Crisis
But hold the horses.
That will probably be just the begining.
After the Euro era is kinda done with.
All eyes will go back to the US economy which is really in a bad shape.
So when that happens.
There’s only one way for the US Dollar.
Down…
So when can we expect all these to happen?
Answer:
It is already happening now.
And we should see the major effect within a few short years.
Now that we have the idea of what’s going on.
Your future investment should take into account of the above from now on.

Euro Crisis
As Forex Traders:
We know the Euro will go down for the big picture. So we will be looking to short it with price action when we have retracements back up.
Of course there may be spikes up along the way for the Euro. eg. short term “good” news.
As long as we know the big picture is down. We will trade according to the big picture.
So from what you can see from here is that.
We as forex traders combine fundamental analysis and understanding with combination of technical analysis.
This is how we are able to trade and profit consistently with the market and especially in this Euro Crisis.
Check out our online forex trading AFM winning Forex Price Action Forex Course where i teach you the exact FULL Forex Trading Strategies | system that i personally use to be consistently profitable.
Asia Forex Mentor
Ezekiel Chew
Asia #1 Forex Mentor
www.asiaforexmentor.com
Old 18-11-2011, 07:21 AM
Durian - The King

Uncle-Cle is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Uncle-Cle
Default Forex con: Professionals and company directors among 100 who lost RM38mil

KOTA KINABALU: A syndicate offering fictitious foreign exchange investments has cheated more than 100 people of RM38mil over the past year.

The unsuspecting investors, mostly working professionals, directors and managers of companies, lost between RM20,000 and RM500,000 each.

The fleecing ceased after the arrest of a 30-year-old local man, believed to be a key member of the syndicate.

Police are looking for two more suspects, aged 33 and 46, said Sabah Commercial Crime Investigation Department chief Supt Jauteh Dikun

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp...922&sec=nation

Last edited by Uncle-Cle : 18-11-2011 at 07:23 AM.
Old 28-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Banana

Default Forex News Trading – Why should you NOT trade this!

Forex News Trading – Why should you NOT trade this!

Forex trading pair: GBP CAD
This is one of a good example which is worth mentioning.
Alot of people have asked me, Ezekiel – How do you trade the news?
My answer is simple: I rarely trade the news. and i go on by saying that i will usually avoid taking trades when the high / medium impact news is coming in 2 hrs time. And i would only enter the trade AFTER a minimum of 10 minutes when the news is announced.
Why people may say. Trading the news can make you fast money.
Yes it does. But trading the news will NOT make you consistent money. Nor will it make you a full time trader.
Besides its Risky and its like you are laying your stakes in the hand of god.
Forex News Trading – Why should you NOT trade this!

If you ask me, i prefer trading safe and trading with a plan. I do not like to leave my fate of the trade on luck by predicting the outcome of the news.
Which is why i do not trade 2hrs before hand for any affecting pair.
In the chart above, forex pair: GBP CAD
There is an upcoming news on the GBP in 48 mins time.
I spotted the pin bar before hand , but i didn’t take the trade.
Because Rule no. 1: Do not take trades that have news impact with a buffer of at least 2hrs advance.
So what we can see from the chart is that the market has gone wild, and people are expecting good news on the GBP which resulted in the spike of any GBP pairs.
Had we taken the trade, we would have gotten stop out and made a loss.
I hope you got something out of this forex news example.
Asia Forex Mentor
Ezekiel Chew
Asia #1 Forex Mentor
www.asiaforexmentor.com
Old 02-12-2011, 05:25 PM
fortune
Durian - The King

fortune is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to fortune

Top 7 reasons why you trade like a Loser
From Sydney Morning Herald.

MOST traders lose money. Fact. Indeed, if you read some of the literature on the subject, the suggestion is that 60 to 90 per cent of them lose money, depending on their level of leverage.

For retail investors, trading foreign exchange is apparently the biggest killer, followed by futures, options, CFDs and margin lending on shares. By all accounts, in one of these groups only 2 per cent make money and in another the average lifespan of a trader is six to eight weeks from go to blow.

Why do so many people lose at trading? The answer is that they are humans, not machines. Most traders do not think clearly and, faced with losses, gains, luck and indecision, they start to function emotionally instead of mechanically. It is this weakness that the studied professional trader takes advantage of This is what behavioural finance is all about. Over a large population and a significant period of time, seemingly unpredictable emotions repeat, become predictable and can be exploited. For traders who understand this, and trade against it, it is like owning the "zero" on the roulette wheel, an edge that will manifest itself over time.

So how do you stop other people exploiting your emotions? You change. But before you can do that, the first step is to identify the common behaviour patterns that lose you money.

Here's a list of some of the more common ones. In financial (and social) theory some of these are called "cognitive biases", erroneous rules of thumb or common errors of judgement and in trading there are many. You might recognise a few of your own.

1. Emotional bias: the tendency to believe the things that make you feel good and to disregard things that make you feel bad. In trading terms, this means ignoring the bad news and focusing on the good news. It’s called losing objectivity; you don’t recognise when things go wrong because you don’t want to.

2. Expectation bias: the tendency to believe in things that you expect. In financial terms this means not bothering to analyse, test, measure or doubt the conclusion you expect or hope for. It is also known as the law of small numbers – believing in something with little real evidence.

3. The disposition effect: the tendency to cut your profits and let your losses run – the opposite of what a trader should be doing. Making small profits and big losses is a recipe for disaster.

4. Loss aversion: the tendency to value the avoidance of loss more highly than the making of gain. Losses impact on you more than gains. Because of this you become more emotional when making losses, the point at which a rational decision would save you the most money.

5. The sunk-cost fallacy: this is the tendency for our decision-making to be influenced by the size of the loss we have already incurred. The bigger the loss, the more likely we are to persist with a losing trade rather than take the rational decision to cut to a more profitable trade. The size of your loss has no impact on the future share price but a huge impact on your ability to make the right decision.

6. The bandwagon effect: the tendency to think it must be right because everyone else is doing it – a thought process guaranteed to get you in when it’s obvious and get you out when it’s obvious. Put another way, it has you buying at the top and selling at the bottom.

7. Past-price fixation: the tendency to avoid prudent trading decisions by anchoring your thought process to prices that no longer exist. “I’ll sell it if it gets back to $4.” “I’ll buy it if it gets down to $4 again.” We are all guilty. In trend-following trading, if the price goes up, you don’t sell it, you buy it; if it goes down, you don’t buy it, you sell it. The old high has gone, the old low has gone. Don’t wait for them to come back to do the wrong thing.
Old 24-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Banana

Default Free Daily Price Action Forex Trading Strategies & System From Asia Forex Mentor

Forex Market: Mass Ratings Downgrades Fuel Debt Crisis Concern

FOREX MARKET

Markets are going to remain nervous for some more time as S&P ratings agency punished nine eurozone countries with downgrades and to striped France and Austria of their triple-A ratings. Even though S&P said that Germany’s rating is in excellent condition, the downgrading is likely to have direct consequences for country. EUR/USD had fallen sharply after the statement. FOREX MARKET investors should be cautious as the bad news will have more impact on the financial markets.
S&P said “We have lowered the long-term ratings on Cyprus, Italy, Portugal, and Spain by two notches; lowered the long-term ratings on Austria, France, Malta, Slovakia, and Slovenia, by one notch; and affirmed the long-term ratings on Belgium, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, and the Netherlands. All ratings have been removed from CreditWatch, where they were placed with negative implications on Dec. 5, 2011 (except for Cyprus, which was first placed on CreditWatch on Aug. 12, 2011)” in its statement. We believe that the negative outlooks for virtually every eurozone country suggest that the debt crisis will remain an issue for the forex market throughout this year.

EU leaders have to act faster and regain investors’ confidence in order to control the ongoing crisis. However, it seems that eurozone chiefs will continue to rely on state level solutions like fiscal union and debt brake. In addition, the downgrade of the nine countries will increase pressure for all of the eurozone countries to solve their budget and debt problems. Some forex market investors think that relations among the eurozone members are likely to become more difficult after this point.
Forex market has been expecting downgrades of France and other European countries, but it is hard to tell how much the downgrades have already been priced in. director of the European Centre for International Political Economy, Fredrik Erixon said “The U.S. is still rightly seen as a safe haven. The U.S. is a big liquid economy with a strong tradition of honoring its debts in modern times and a central bank pledged to take action if needed. It’s different with France in the sense that they cannot rely on strong central bank policies”.

Forex Market
What we can take away from the above analysis is that. With more possible downgrading to come on other European Countries. We will remain bearish when trading the Eur. And to look for opportunities to enter on rebound of the Eur/Usd.
Ezekiel Chew
Asia #1 Forex Mentor
www.asiaforexmentor.com
Old 12-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Banana

Default A Crazy Forex Trade I Took Recently – 950% Growth In 2 Weeks

A CRAZY FOREX TRADE I TOOK RECENTLY – 950% GROWTH IN 2 WEEKS

FREAKING 950% GROWTH IN 2 WEEKS!
This is one of the fantastic forex trades that i took recently.
Capital Risked for the trade $24k
Profits to date $190K!
950% Growth in 2 WEEKS and GROWING!
This is one of the reasons why i LOVE forex trading so much.
A downpayment for another house? a flashy car? or a good meal with the family and friends
I’ll be keeping the trade and trailing it to see if i could make a million dollars out of this single trade.
Just a crazy thought, but a nice one!
And if there is the last bit of thing that you need to give you a kick in the butt for you to enter forex trading, i hope this is it!
I’m not implementing that forex is a get rich quick scheme.

I’m not implementing that forex is a get rich quick scheme.
but if you know the how’s, it is very much possible and realistic.
Follow up: One Month Later

Alot of guys has been asking me on how’s the progress or result of the trade that i took.
So the a month later from my last post,
My Profits has grown to: $300K
Capital Risked: $24k
$300k – $190k = $110k for a single trade in a month. Thats not too bad.
Still trailing to see if i can make a million dollars out of this single trade. LOL!
I looking forward to seeing you in our group where i teach the full forex system that made it possible -
AFM Winning Forex Course
Asia Forex Mentor
Ezekiel Chew
Asia #1 Forex Mentor
www.asiaforexmentor.com
Old 21-02-2012, 11:55 AM

irswp is on a distinguished road

I'm pretty new in forex trading, still learning from my buds and through internet as well! Have come accross few online forex website like http://www.onlineforextrading.com/ / www.fxcm.com / www.mffx.com/ and such. I do read through their articles/blogs, tried their online broker on trial account.

What can I say is online broker of www.mffx.com makes more sense and giving accurate tips compare to other online broker. Experience it yourself.
Sponsored Links