IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Development in Perak > Development in Perak
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14-09-2006, 09:24 AM
We must prevail.....
Durian - The King

Ipohite39 is off the scale
Default Who siphoned Perak's money?

from the Star today,

Thursday September 14, 2006
No money to start approved projects
IPOH: Money for 155 Public Works Department (PWD) projects approved in Perak under the 8th Malaysia Plan has not come down to the state.
“Maybe, the Treasury had given the allocation to the ministry concerned but the money had not trickled to the state,” said Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamad Tajol Rosli Ghazali.
He was respondingtoobservations in the 2005 Auditor-General’s Report that Perak had yet to work on 155 of 159 projects under the jurisdiction of the PWD.
“It is not that we did not want to start on the projects. It is because there is no allocation for them. Not even RM10,” he told reporters yesterday.
Tajol Rosli said of the 155 approved projects, 43 were for road construction while 112 were for buildings.
He said Perak received less than RM1mil for land acquisition and design works for 39 of the 115 approved projects and nothing else.
“So, of course you cannot see any of the projects moving on the ground. The allocation did not reach us. How could money be wasted then, when we were not even given the money to spend?” he asked.
Tajol Rosli said the state government would suggest to the Federal Government to scrap certain projects under the 9th Malaysia Plan so that the state government would not be seen as not doing its job.
One suggestion is to scrap the planned RM795mil double tracking project from Padang Rengas (near Kuala Kangsar) to Changkat Jering (near Taiping).
“There is no point continuing with the double tracking project, when there is no link between Penang and Padang Rengas or between Ipoh and Taiping,” he said.

So, wot happened to our money?
Old 14-09-2006, 09:49 AM
Papaya

zhernfai is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to zhernfai Send a message via MSN to zhernfai Send a message via Yahoo to zhernfai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipohite39
... that Perak had yet to work on 155 of 159 projects under the jurisdiction of the PWD.

Wasehh... only 2.5% of the promised projects get done. That's A LOT~!!! My grandpa can do better than that. Maybe our MB needs to start dogging related ministries instead of proclaiming to the public it's not his fault nothing gets worked out.
Old 25-09-2006, 10:34 AM
Guava

kintakid is on a distinguished road
Default double tracking project

I wish the MB would push the federal government to complete this double tracking project to KL and Penang ASAP.

For me this project is very positive for real estate in Ipoh.
Imagine this scenario.Work in KL. Own an affordable semi-D in Ipoh as well as an apartment in KL.(Actually this is a very common scenario since alot of the Ipoh kids are working or studying in KL anyway.) Take the train to KL and catch the LRT to your destination.

If the travel time is faster and the cost is cheaper ( or competitive) than taking the bus i'm sure alot of Ipoh folks would prefer to take the train.
Imagine taking the early morning train to KL for a 10am meeting.
You might be able to have a good buffet breakfast before you arrive!!
You could even make it back home for dinner if the schedule is timed well.

If this can materialise in the 9MP then we best start fixing the busing issue for Ipoh. hmmm!
Old 25-09-2006, 10:57 AM
Durian - The King

kris is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
If the travel time is faster and the cost is cheaper ( or competitive) than taking the bus...
Yeah...that's the big question, the deciding factor to most people.
The cost of an Ipoh-KL bus ticket is abt RM14. Do you think the fast train ticket can beat that?
The double-tracking project is in progress, probably going to completed in a couple of years I think.
Old 25-09-2006, 02:30 PM
We must prevail.....
Durian - The King

Ipohite39 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
Yeah...that's the big question, the deciding factor to most people.
The cost of an Ipoh-KL bus ticket is abt RM14. Do you think the fast train ticket can beat that?
The double-tracking project is in progress, probably going to completed in a couple of years I think.

The railway connection would not match the RM14 ticket prices currently offered by the bus but I'm sure it'll make up in convenience and timing. The door to door access via LRT in KL is pretty much the attractive selling point. Even if its' RM20 , I might take the train.
Old 25-09-2006, 03:46 PM
Durian - The King

Location: middle of tropics, south of nort pole, north of south pole
K-Fanz is off the scale

well, it take extra ordinary thinking to change perak admin people mind...