IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Healthy Living > Health Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health Talk Please feel free to post any health related issues here.

Old 05-06-2016, 05:23 PM
Durian - The King

ipohan is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Study: How to Turn Fat-Storing Cells into Fat-Burning Cells

Losing weight is often associated with eating less of certain foods, but a relatively recent study shows that people who add more omega-3s to their diet may shed more calories.
Researchers in Japan found that oil rich in omega-3 fatty acids turned “bad” fat cells into healthy ones that burn calories. That’s great news for people who are in their 40s and older, as “good” fat cells start to decrease around middle-age.

The findings may explain why people who eat a Japanese or Mediterranean diet rich in fish generally lead longer, leaner lives.
Professor Teruo Kawada, who led the study at Kyoto University, said:
“We knew from previous research that fish oil has tremendous health benefits, including the prevention of fat accumulation. We tested whether fish oil and an increase in beige cells could be related. People have long said that food from Japan and the Mediterranean contribute [sic] to longevity, but why these cuisines are beneficial was up for debate.
Now we have better insight into why that may be.” [1]
When the scientists fed oil containing fatty acids to mice, the rodents gained 5-10% less weight and 15-25% less fat after 4 months compared to mice not given the supplement.
Sponsored Links