IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Feedback / Suggestion > Suggestion
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestion Tell us what you would like to talk here! Let us create the category for you.

Old 15-06-2011, 04:40 PM
fortune
Durian - The King

fortune is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to fortune
Default Less people are interested in Facebook now

London, June 14 (ANI): Privacy threats and fatigue has led 1lakh Britons and six million users in the US to shut down their Facebook accounts, with the same pattern expected to follow in other countries too.

Facebook's growth rate has slowed for a second month in a row, ironically, when the social networking site was aiming to reach its goal of one billion active users.

Canada saw a fall of about 1.5 million users of the website, while in Russia and Norway numbers fell by more than 100,000 users.

The company is now relying on developing countries to boost its numbers.

Blogs are abuzz with speculations that the website could one day 'sputter into oblivion,' fearing the fate of its failing rival MySpace.

There is a point at which the site can no longer grow, once it has established itself in a country, according to Eric Eldon, from the website 'Inside Facebook', which obtained the figures.

"By the time Facebook reaches around 50 pc of the total population in a given country, growth generally slows to a halt," the Daily Mail quoted him as saying.

Internet psychologist Graham Jones has predicted that Facebook users would suffer the same kind of 'fatigue' that comes whenever men and women get bored with trying anything that is new.

"People get terribly excited about something new and after a while the novelty wears off," he explained. (ANI)
Sponsored Links
Old 15-06-2011, 08:22 PM
Frog Party
Durian - The King

Old Pop is on a distinguished road

But the harm is done, isn't it? Facebook founder Whats-his-name even boasted to his friends that he had loads of private information about everyone at his finger tips. Said, people just trusts him. When confronted, he went pale.
Old 15-06-2011, 10:37 PM
Primmie
Durian - The King

Primrose Hill is an unknown quantity at this point

I have very limited personal information on there and I set my privacy parameters.
Old 16-06-2011, 12:28 AM
Simple Minded Fellow
Durian - The King

Oldtimer is an unknown quantity at this point

Me, too.
Nevertheless, no one can't deny the fact that FB does play a key role in social networking, but one just has to be very careful with TMI online.