IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Sports > Formula 1
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Formula 1 Welcome to the fast moving world of motorsports...

Old 23-10-2011, 06:45 PM
fortune
Durian - The King

fortune is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to fortune
Default Major crash M'sia MotoGP

.http://youtu.be/DDrgoEvQtTA

AFP

The Malaysian MotoGP was cancelled four minutes after the race began on Sunday when Honda rider Marco Simoncelli fell and was hit by Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi.

The 24-year-old Simoncelli had his helmet knocked off in the accident, which occurred when the Italian lowsided from his bike at Turn 11.

His bike veered across the track and straight into the path of Edwards and Rossi. The race was immediately red-flagged.

Simoncelli, who was motionless on the track after the impact, had been fourth at the end of lap one.

Edwards also fell but escaped serious injury, while Rossi, on a Ducati, was able to return to the pits.

Simoncelli's condition was not immediately known.

Newly-crowned champion Casey Stoner admitted watching the accident made him worried for Simoncelli.

"As soon as I saw the footage it just makes you sick inside," the Australian told BBC2.

"Whenever the helmet comes off that's not a good sign."

Tony Elias, Moto2 world champion, was praying the injuries to Simoncelli were not serious.

"We just hope Marco is ok - that's my wish," he said.
Sponsored Links
Old 23-10-2011, 06:46 PM
fortune
Durian - The King

fortune is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to fortune

Italian rider Marco Simoncelli has died after a horrific crash at the Malaysian MotoGP in Sepang.

The race was stopped after four minutes when Simoncelli's bike veered across the track at turn 11 into the path of Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi.

The 24-year-old had his helmet knocked off and was hit by both other riders.

American rider Edwards also fell but escaped serious injury - while fellow Italian Rossi was able to return to the pits.

Simoncelli lay motionless on the track after the impact, while the race was immediately red-flagged.

At first officials were looking to restart the race before the extent of Simoncelli's injuries became clear.

Honda rider Simoncelli first entered MotoGP for the 2010 season and won his first pole position at the Catalunya race in June this year.

Simoncelli's first podium finish came in the Czech Republic in August when he finished third but he bettered that with a second-place finish at the Australian GP.

World champion Casey Stoner said: "As soon as I saw the footage it just makes you sick inside. Whenever the helmet comes off that's not a good sign."

The Italian started in the 125cc class in 2002 and moved up to the 250cc class in 2006.

He claimed the 250cc world title in 2008.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motogp/15420069.stm
Old 25-10-2011, 02:43 AM
Anybody wants some
Durian - The King

Tintin is on a distinguished road

Condolences to the family of the deceased.
Sponsored Links