IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Development in Perak > Development in Perak
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17-06-2008, 01:52 PM
Durian - The King

Location: middle of tropics, south of nort pole, north of south pole
K-Fanz is off the scale
Default Revival of Tin Mining Industry in Kinta Valley

i heard that several tracts of land around kinta valley will be open up for tin mining.

i do hope that relevant authority will adopt green approach in reviving this industry.

true, perak need economy generator that will revive the lost lustre of yesteryear, but do plan ahead where today we suffer from previous mistake of opening land and then left it to nature to heal it(which takes long time)

my fervent hope, the present government do not make a blunder in reviving the industry.....
Old 17-06-2008, 04:47 PM
fortune
Durian - The King

fortune is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to fortune

In the Kinta district, I heard most of the good mining land already gone, now left with marginal value mining land.
Old 21-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Durian - The King

Location: middle of tropics, south of nort pole, north of south pole
K-Fanz is off the scale

Quote:
Kedah approves logging activities
By EMBUN MAJID, The Star

The Kedah Government has approved logging activities at the Pedu, Muda and Ahning dam catchment areas, a move that is expected to generate about RM16 billion in revenue for the state. Mentri Besar Azizan Abdul Razak said the move was necessary to cover the high expenditure incurred by the state following the petrol price increase.

He added that the state would call for tenders soon and award the logging contract to the highest bidder. “We will discuss the logging method to be used with the Forestry Department,” he told newsmen after chairing the state executive council meeting yesterday.

He added that the Federal Government had promised to pay an annual compensation of RM100 million in 2003 following the state’s decision to cancel its proposed heli-harvesting project to log timber in catchment areas. “However, until now the payment has not been made. We have also asked the Federal Government for financial assistance for the water supply to Penang and Perlis and for the rice we are producing for the country. Since the Government cannot assist us financially, we will carry on with the logging activities,” Azizan added.
lets hope perak goverment will not take similar action like kedah., otherwise, future generation will suffer