IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Bangsa Malaysia > Bangsa Malaysia
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bangsa Malaysia Berikan pendapat anda bagi mewujudkan BANGSA MALAYSIA!

Old 19-04-2006, 03:58 AM
Simple Minded Fellow
Durian - The King

Oldtimer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanden
OT,

that sounds interesting. Care to elaborate?

Kanden,
In a nutshell, it refers to spending that will truly improve the well being and livelihood of its citizens, be it in education (building more schools with decent facilities, more branches of free libraries with longer operating hours, better and more variety of books and other learning tools, such as pcs and internet connections for students to do research and learn); transportation (build more highways and surface roads, keep them better maintained and safe, provide cheaper and more efficient means of public transportation); housing (offer lower interest rate loans to all needy families, entice private developers to build sound, but low cost housing through tax incentives, have better urban planning); healthcare (ensure the availability of medical services to both urban and rural settings, admit qualified students into the medical fields with scholarships and/or financial aid, promote efficiency in public hospitals and health clinics); economic development (encourage both local and foreign companies to invest and develop jobs in fields that could meet the global demands, eliminate or reduce the unnecessary red tapes in setting up and doing business, especially in the cutting edge technology areas) and law enforcement (maintain high integrity in the ranks, enact and enforce laws that are fair and equal to all, control corruption and power abuse).
The list could go on and on. Knowing that this is merely a wish list, as most countries in the world are still chasing after the same lofty goals, but at least we need to make them as our targets, too.
OT
Sponsored Links
Old 19-04-2006, 05:05 AM
Durian - The King

carimakan is an unknown quantity at this point

OT
Very well said...you could be a politician
Old 19-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Coconut

tripezy is an unknown quantity at this point

just want to share something from the land of siam.

here the chinese, indians and sikh managed to assimilate into thai soceity pretty well. of course there were times when the chinese community faced some hostility from the natives but that was during the height of communism which the thai gov feared that chinese in thai soceity may be spys or something like this.

my gf is a thai national of chinese descent. she will never call herself chinese. same thing goes for all my thai friends. even they are of chinese or indian/sikh descent even malays, they still call themselves thai and proud to do so.

of course you can't win all the time. chinese/indian/sikh even malays in the south tend to adopt Thai names, just like their counterpart in Indonesia and phillipines. this is something which chinese tends to stand against firmly [i.e. losing the surname] but in their quest to assimilate to their adopted land, i guess something have to give.

but the thai chinese in order not to lose their roots tend to incorporate their chinese surname into the thai surname. to give an example, the surname Chin, may be incorporated into something like, Chinnawatra. For Cheah, it may become, Chearavanont. For Wong, it may become Wongpaitoon, etc.

thais are proud of themselves and are very patriotic. they love HM the King and He is the beam that holds the entire country together.

I think we need someone like that in Malaysia.

just my two baht.
Old 20-04-2006, 04:12 AM
Papaya

makiedog88 is on a distinguished road

But I bet the Thais don't make the Chinese forsake pork, booze & gambling, circumcise, or pray 5 times a day...
Old 20-04-2006, 08:30 AM
The Legend aka Racist Mod
Durian - The King

RawFlesh is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by makiedog88
But I bet the Thais don't make the Chinese forsake pork, booze & gambling, circumcise, or pray 5 times a day...
Who are you refering to that does that now? Which country?

WHY so SERIOUS?
Old 21-04-2006, 06:55 AM
Papaya

makiedog88 is on a distinguished road

Merely responding to the post by Tripezy, who was suggesting perhaps the anwer lies in having the Malaysian Chinese completely assimilate into the Malay culture, just like the Thai Chinese. I'm suggesting that it is easier for them because the Thai culture does not impose as many harsh restrictions on one's lifestyle.
Old 21-04-2006, 08:48 AM
The Legend aka Racist Mod
Durian - The King

RawFlesh is an unknown quantity at this point

Understood

WHY so SERIOUS?
Old 22-04-2006, 08:21 AM
just simply a tree
Pineapple

super8 is off the scale
Send a message via Yahoo to super8

Quote:
Originally Posted by makiedog88
Merely responding to the post by Tripezy, who was suggesting perhaps the anwer lies in having the Malaysian Chinese completely assimilate into the Malay culture, just like the Thai Chinese. I'm suggesting that it is easier for them because the Thai culture does not impose as many harsh restrictions on one's lifestyle.
and i think, the Chinese culture is more lean towards Buddhism and therefore it is v easy for the Chinese to be assimilated into the Thai's culture and Thai's society which is Buddhist in nature.
me read something about the muslims in Southern Thailand recently, they r Thais, but seemed to me they r not assimilated, pls clarify, anybody?
Old 22-04-2006, 05:08 PM
Durian - The King

Location: middle of tropics, south of nort pole, north of south pole
K-Fanz is off the scale

it all started back in history. actually the present day soutern region of thai are part and parcel of old kingdom of pattani which practice islam. that kingdom cover area the southern part of siam and include kelantan.
in old day, the ruler of this kingdom pay 'bunga mas';
yearly tribute to king of siam as gift from gabenor to the king.
however, annexation of this province and change of political system during expansion of British and creation of Malay State saw that this region split forever.
Till this day, the region still resist any assilimation practice either direct and overt.

Last edited by K-Fanz : 22-04-2006 at 05:12 PM.
Old 22-04-2006, 09:00 PM
Durian - The King

kanden is off the scale

Wow! U sure know your history KF

- from the Dhammapada (Sayings of the Buddha)
Sponsored Links