IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Bangsa Malaysia > Bangsa Malaysia
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bangsa Malaysia Berikan pendapat anda bagi mewujudkan BANGSA MALAYSIA!

Old 25-08-2005, 12:39 PM
Pineapple

lawling is off the scale
Hi Ipohite,Ipohan and Old Timer,

It is posting like yours which will let the Sultan of your State know what the people in Ipoh want.Don't forget that Perak Royalty reads what their subjects write!I cannot say that much for other States.If more people in Perak writes like that,when politicians become impotent, at least Royalties can speak on your behalf at crucial times!
Posting comments made by others bring out awareness and educate those who visit the site.Those who write for Malaysiakini are articulate and express themselves effectively.Such articles have their uses.
However, sometimes it is necessary to voice your own opinions on issues as you see it.They would be opinions probably held by a majority of people in the community and are a useful guide for others to read and understand.We know politicians do not always take up issues that may not earn them credit although important in the community context! They will only take up issues that will win them votes not embarass the Party!
Sponsored Links
Old 26-08-2005, 01:46 PM
Durian - The King

Location: middle of tropics, south of nort pole, north of south pole
K-Fanz is off the scale
in my humble opinion, malaysian politician; be from BN or Oppsition actually lack clear understanding on what majority or silent majority really need.
what we have now, just myopic old man like lim kit siang, lim kheng yaik, samy vellu that nned to be boot out and let new generations of people try to make a changes(luckly, in umno, that Old Man finally step down, but still there is a lot of spring cleaning need to be done).
right now, if we read or hear current news, just a shallow ideas and agenda in promoting Bangsa Malaysia, where each political party just trying to grab headlines with 'races agenda'(perhaps due to party elections)..
what we need, actually, people who have clear understanding on current malaysian community; what we want, want future generations will get, where our country heading to and so on.
or perhaps, maybe that step need to be done from ourselves, let dont be myopic on other races.let try understand each other really well. lets changes started from ourselves, before we expect other to change.
Old 26-08-2005, 02:46 PM
We must prevail.....
Durian - The King

Ipohite39 is off the scale
The politicians need to study demographic data, refer to compiled statistics, read reports on studies on poverty and education and then plan and act according to needs instead of attending to DBI-like problems or merely supporting the respective party presidents or chief ministers. Let them not anymore of the govt and ppl's resources on the party or personal aims.
Old 26-08-2005, 03:26 PM
Strawberry

Rooster is off the scale
Unhappy

As far as I'm concerned, Malaysian politics are a joke!

When everybody wanted 1/2 value to resign because of the highway mess....he said "marilah, sayah tadah tahkut....

Then we have the AP queen....and she just cried away like a baby and said..."God is my witness".

How about Osu (ex-Sabah CM) who gambled away millions...and when everybody cried fowl....somebody said "Oh, thats his private matter" Bollocks, man...a guy who earned RM24K a month can gample away millions?! Where the money came from? It is public matter now!!

Then the DBI landscapping fellow who was allowed to carry on working pending the court case...after some noise the mayor said " Oh we did that to save cost" What bollocks type of statement was that?

Ok, when our great Nazri shouted "You are racist, racist!! (about 21 times approximately) at Bt Gajah MP, someone said "Oh, this is normal!"

Then our Lim Keng Yaik said when proposing the TNB tarif changes "Saya gaelantee itu olang miskin tadah rasah letrik naikk" I think he meant to say, the poor will not feel the pinch of higher electricity prices. Hats off to this guy who managed to put it in those words.

All are a bunch of clowns. Is in the West, most of them would have been impeached or sacked!
Old 26-08-2005, 04:06 PM
Pineapple

midnightcowboy is off the scale
Quote:
How about Osu (ex-Sabah CM) who gambled away millions...and when everybody cried fowl....somebody said "Oh, thats his private matter" Bollocks, man...a guy who earned RM24K a month can gample away millions?! Where the money came from? It is public matter now!!
It is better for him to gamble in genting highland if he is a patriot.
Atlease our country can get 5 % gambling tax from him.
We need money to build school, mosque,yearly bonus for our government servents and so on...

midnightcowboy
Old 26-08-2005, 04:12 PM
Coconut

rUmyHoneyBunny is off the scale
Arrow

Our political scenario is kelam kabut, full of mud-slinging, surat layang, money and power greed politicians! As for Osu, he's screwed up big time, that S.O.B! No wonder, too many so called government's projects left unfinished (when he was Sabah's CM) and all went down the drains! [img]graemlins/icon_evil.gif[/img]
La vita comancia domani - Life begins with journey.<br />p/s: I\'m not into marriage, cheap dating, \"humping and partner swapping\" thingy. I\'m not into get \"easy/busy\" scheme, I\'m here to expanse my horizon, with new cool friends!
Old 27-08-2005, 06:32 PM
Rambutan

rakyat is an unknown quantity at this point
Let's all do our talking with our votes in the next election !! But it may be too late because that's in another few years time and Malaysia is running out of time. Globalization, China and India are hot on our heels [img]smile.gif[/img] Who moved my cheese !!

男人不 坏 女人不爱

Old 18-09-2005, 10:48 PM
Pineapple

lawling is off the scale
Hi Folks!
Looks like we are not alone! Read the following:

The Times, U K

September 18, 2005

Focus: Are we sleepwalking our way to apartheid?

The Commission for Racial Equality says segregation in Britain is going the way of New Orleans. Is it right and, if so, what can be done, ask Richard Woods and David Leppard

In Aston, a predominantly ethnic minority area of Birmingham, Pardeep Modhvadia was quite frank last week about how insulated his life can be from mainstream white British culture.

“We are very much involved with our mosque and events in the Asian community,” said the 34-year-old IT consultant whose wife, Nazia, is 33. “Many of these events involve Asians exclusively and it can be easy to get wrapped up in Asian culture and not embrace other communities around you.”

Modhvadia admitted that he and his wife “mainly only see Asian people”, partly because of religious and family ties.

“I don’t think we are as segregated as some people say, though,” he added. “It has always been this way. However, since the London bombings you can get an unfriendly reaction from white people who do not know you.”

There are plenty of those — because white people, even those living in the same area, are equally unlikely to know many fellow citizens from across the cultural divide. Among them is James Parker, a 24-year-old mechanic, who lives in the same area of Birmingham with his girlfriend Chloe, 22. He, too, was straightforward about the ethnically restricted ambit of his life.

“Our friends are mostly white,” he said. “I knew a lot of Asians in school and they mainly talked only to each other and would sometimes speak in Gujarati — it was like their own club. So everyone kind of divided into their own racial groups.”

He added that the community “had been more segregated since the London bombings”.

Is this the true face of modern Britain? Is it diverse but divided; integrated in theory, separate in practice? Trevor Phillips, head of the Commission for Racial Equality (CRE), believes so.

In a bold and controversial speech this week, he will warn that Britain is “sleep-walking” its way to a society of segregation, ethnic enclaves and potential conflict.

“We are becoming strangers to each other and we are leaving communities to be marooned outside the mainstream,” he will say.

Some districts, he will add, are on their way to becoming “literal black holes into which nobody goes without fear and from which nobody escapes undamaged. We could have a different future. But if we want that different future, we have to face facts now”.

According to Phillips, the facts are deeply uncomfortable and largely unspoken. Ethnic communities, he says, are increasingly concentrated in “ghettos”. Although there has been some integration, notably in London and the southeast, the popular image portrayed abroad of Britain as one big happy melting pot is false.

Not only do ethnic minorities largely live in separate areas, they are typically segregated at school and socially — and it is getting worse. “When we leave work, most of us leave multi-ethnic Britain behind,” Phillips will say.

He will draw on CRE research which shows that most Britons cannot name a “single good friend” from a different race and that many young people from ethnic minorities have no friends beyond their own community. “We are divided physically, economically, culturally and psychologically,” he will say.

Most controversially, perhaps, Phillips likens the widening gulf in Britain to the dark underbelly of America revealed by Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, where rich whites escaped the devastation while poor blacks were left to sink.
Old 19-09-2005, 05:13 AM
Simple Minded Fellow
Durian - The King

Oldtimer is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool

Lawling,
IMHO, the underlying problem in New Orleans is more on the economic gap between "The Haves" and "The Have Nots". It could have happened in China or Japan, where you are dealing with pretty much one single race. The affluent and better educated masses will still be able to evacuate sooner, simply because of the means and resources available for their disposal (i.e. vehicles and funds).
OT [img]graemlins/alt-peace.gif[/img]