IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Bangsa Malaysia > Bangsa Malaysia
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bangsa Malaysia Berikan pendapat anda bagi mewujudkan BANGSA MALAYSIA!

Old 18-08-2005, 02:07 AM
Watermelon

lalachai is an unknown quantity at this point
clap clap clap . Well Said.

lalachai
Sponsored Links
Old 19-08-2005, 10:51 AM
Pineapple

lawling is off the scale
There certainly are Malays who think out of the box!If there are more of them, surely they will find a new direction - other than NEP,NEP, NEP,ad infinitum!
Old 19-08-2005, 02:11 PM
Watermelon

dorjee is off the scale
There are a lot of malays who dun share a mind with those umnoputra.

I have plenty of malay friends and customers who are really simple, friendly and unhatred toward other race. Syabas! to them! [img]graemlins/alt-peace.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/alt-peace.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/alt-peace.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/alt-peace.gif[/img]
Quote:
Originally posted by lawling:
There certainly are Malays who think out of the box!If there are more of them, surely they will find a new direction - other than NEP,NEP, NEP,ad infinitum!
Old 20-08-2005, 11:17 AM
We must prevail.....
Durian - The King

Ipohite39 is off the scale
But there is so much talk and talk and talk. When are things going to happen? Maybe no one wants to make it happen. We all talk to make ourselves look better, that's all. Who should take action? The govt is run by mostly mediocre people and the promote mediocracy and inaction unless "greased". (sigh)
Old 20-08-2005, 01:51 PM
Watermelon

dorjee is off the scale
i agree with you.. but we are not politician.

what can we do? anyone got any idea?
Quote:
Originally posted by Ipohite39:
But there is so much talk and talk and talk. When are things going to happen? Maybe no one wants to make it happen. We all talk to make ourselves look better, that's all. Who should take action? The govt is run by mostly mediocre people and the promote mediocracy and inaction unless "greased". (sigh)
Old 22-08-2005, 10:34 AM
Pineapple

lawling is off the scale
JMM,Ipohan,K-Fanz,and other friends have posted views expressed by others on the subject! However, what are JMM,Ipohan,K-Fanz own views on these issues?
Maybe they have very positive suggestions to make!
We certainly would like to hear their views on the matter!
Old 22-08-2005, 11:52 AM
We must prevail.....
Durian - The King

Ipohite39 is off the scale
[quote]Originally posted by dorjee:
[QB] i agree with you.. but we are not politician.

what can we do? anyone got any idea? [quote]

Vote with our democratic right and vote with our economic ability. Let our voice and purchasing power do the talking. Abandon support for incapable leaders. Do not support representatives that drum up support by playing the racial agains especially within UM-lu (Umno Baru). Support only leaders that strive and draft policies that point to unity and a true Malaysian community.
Old 22-08-2005, 04:06 PM
Simple Minded Fellow
Durian - The King

Oldtimer is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool

Unity will come, when there are truly equal opportunities for each and every Malaysian citizen.
The govt fails to realize that true equality as an end result could never happen or be achieved by legislations. Case in point, if you are the parents of a household with three children. You love them all the same; send them to same schools to receive the same education; give them the same amount of money after graduation and send them off to achieve similar goals and objectives on their own. Guess what will happen after 10, 15 or 20 years - each would have achieved different results. You just cannot expect equal results, even though you might have provided them with equal opportunities.
OT

[ 22.08.2005, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: Oldtimer ]
Old 22-08-2005, 11:28 PM
Durian - The King

ipohan is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry

Meritocracy is the way to go to save this country. I want the best doctors to take care of my children & my family members. I don't care whether he is a Malay, Chinese or Indian. I want my loved ones to be in safe hands & not someone who passed his medical exams with extra marks from the lecturer.

I want the best engineers to build our bridges, highways & buildings. I don't care whether he is a Malay, Chinese or Indian as long as all these infrastrutures are safe & sound.

It is time now all Malaysians to come together to stop all these craps of Racial Politics.

They are hiding behind the "NEP" to cover up all their wrong doings. [img]graemlins/icon_evil.gif[/img]
Old 23-08-2005, 08:43 PM
Durian - The King

ipohan is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down

Malaysia: Net exporter of ... its talent
Casey Els to Malaysiakini.com

Aug 23, 05 3:25pm

‘My fellow Malaysians, ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.’ Unfortunately for all of us, this altruistic line does not work in Malaysia. Sad but true. After almost 48 years of independence, our nation is still governed by the divide-and-rule principle and race-oriented policies, actively promulgated by the ruling racially-based political parties.

Many experienced and patriotic Malaysians, including those who have worked for many years overseas, want to contribute their knowledge and expertise to the progress and welfare of the nation by applying to work with various government or government-related organisations and agencies.

However, for most of them, their efforts are futile. Contrary to commonsense, during this K-economy era, their knowledge is not needed to serve this nation. Is it because most of these Malaysians belong to ethnic groups deemed to be undesirable by the various government or government-related organisations and agencies?

Why is it that many civil servants who are empowered to employ staff feel that it is alright for them to ignore the applications of fellow citizens who are suitably qualified and who want to contribute because they are of a different ethnic group? Such wanton and deliberate waste has been happening over the last 30 years.

Hence, besides palm oil, petroleum, and other products, Malaysia generously exports trained citizens; citizens that the nation had spent a lot for their education, be it primary, secondary, or tertiary. Citizens prized by other nations but intentionally discarded by our own motherland.

In a way, we are a good neighbour to many countries because we diligently practise ‘prosper thy neighbour’ policy by directly or indirectly encouraging many of our talented citizens to leave the country to serve other nations.

While we are losing talent, we are also experiencing another national disaster that compounds the competitiveness of our nation. Unfortunately for all of us, there are among us who believe in: ‘My fellow Malaysians, ask not what your country can offer you, ask not what you can do for your country; ask what and how much you can squeeze from your country’.

These are Malaysians who have insatiable greed. Many of them, who might hail from impoverished households, have benefitted from the generous race-biased policy that has paid for their education and enabled them to have well-paid, cozy jobs (easily with four or five-figure monthly salaries) and subsidised houses. In principle, this is alright as fellow Malaysians who need help to improve their social standing should be assisted.

By right, it should now be pay-back time. These people should help to uplift other less fortunate citizens. However, they want more. Despite having benefitted from one generation of assistance and despite their wealth (a lot more than many average Malaysian households), they want the nation to continue supporting their children.

They want easy access to wealth (for example, by having Approved Permits to import cars) to become richer and richer, at the expense of the nation. Pray tell me, how long can our motherland sustain this unending hemorrhage of national wealth?

Source: Malaysiakini.com
Sponsored Links