IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Ipoh Food Court > Indian Cuisine
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20-02-2007, 10:36 AM
Coconut

tripezy is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah that shop really do some kickass murtabak. used to save pocket money from school to buy it once in a blue moon. coz everyday pass it while cycling to school, SMI and salivating, but pocket money that time only RM 50 per month so got to take some time to save up. cant remember the price at that time though, wht's the price now?

i remember they cover the murtabak with at least 2 layers of roti chanai and 2 eggs!!! love the onions condiments and curry.....though just plain curry since order extra have to pay more.
Sponsored Links
Old 20-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Durian - The King

rockhard is on a distinguished road

Glad you agreed with me, Tripezy. Those were the good old days indeed. Speaking of murtabak, do you remember the shop along..oh dear, can't remember the name of the road but it was called Rahman Restoran. It was located near the road where Kowloon Hotel (now Kowloon Ritz or something like that) is. Chamberlain Road? I ain't sure now. Rahman served terrific murtabak, too, as I remember it.

Last edited by rockhard : 20-02-2007 at 11:27 AM.
Old 20-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Durian - The King

kanden is off the scale

the best mamak in ipoh to me will always be Restoran Bunga Raya at Fairpark road. somehow their roti canai always tastes better. i think they do more work on it. too bad their old sifu is no longer around. loved to watch the old man spin the roti canai n do the dough.

as for murtabak, have u all tried the Fried Murtabak that's sold in the terrace house just after maybank Ipoh Garden? never tried it but it's been highly recommended by my sisters

- from the Dhammapada (Sayings of the Buddha)
Old 20-02-2007, 08:05 PM
Watermelon

Gemukkk is an unknown quantity at this point

yes, i agree. the murtabak is still nice now though i cant really say whether it is still the best. but the flies, aiyoh..
Old 21-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Guava

kintakid is on a distinguished road

wow i now recall the murtabak from good shed.Also the crab curry , mutton , prawn etc. Yep that WAS a great place then. Will check it out again.

Currently i buy my mutabak from Canning Gardens. I prefer the one from Hollywood but Habibs is also not bad though Habibs canai is my Ipoh Best choice.

kk
Old 21-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Whatever will be, will be
Durian - The King

AwekIpoh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kintakid
wow i now recall the murtabak from good shed.Also the crab curry , mutton , prawn etc. Yep that WAS a great place then. Will check it out again.

Currently i buy my mutabak from Canning Gardens. I prefer the one from Hollywood but Habibs is also not bad though Habibs canai is my Ipoh Best choice.

kk

Hi KK,

where is habibs? Thanks.
Old 21-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Durian - The King

rockhard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kintakid
Good Shed! So, that's its name. Thought it was Good View.

Cheers.
Old 23-02-2007, 11:09 PM
Guava

kintakid is on a distinguished road

AI
Habibs is on Jln Lee Kwee Foh Canning Gdn, same row with hollywood.
All the best

kk
Old 27-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Banana

jayceekon is on a distinguished road
Default Best Roti Canai!...murtabak..eh...

Hehe...the best roti canai i've ever had is still the mamak RESTORAN BUNGA RAYA in Fair Park , ipoh. Yummy! Shud try it out... strictly recommend 2u all! Been eating there for donkey years..the curry is good too...
The murtabak sold near Maybank ipoh gdn is quite good coz the size is juz ngam-ngam...not too big..actually mini size//...check it out!!
Old 28-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Banana

wachriswa is on a distinguished road

I tried Habibs roti canai this morning.
But I still loved my favourite roti canai at "Restorant Kari Kepala Ikan Salim" at hilltop. The roti canai was kinda "light" & not greasy at all. Give a shot...
Cheers.
Sponsored Links