IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > World Events > Travel
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Travel Discussions about Travels around the World

Old 04-08-2007, 12:47 AM
Primmie
Durian - The King

Primrose Hill is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by foon
Come to think of it, may be I could go for a trip up there this month, have some tea and scones, enjoy the cooler weather and relax. And if I've the time, I could scout around and hopefully find a bungalow available.

Remember to have scones with clotted cream
Old 04-08-2007, 01:19 AM
Durian - The King

Saippuakauppias is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primrose Hill

not sour creams meh?
Old 04-08-2007, 02:01 AM
Mangosteen - The Queen

foon is off the scale

Quote:
Yes my dear...how would I miss the famous Devonshire tea - scones with clotted cream and jam!!! I've tried scones in Cameron Valley, Boh Plantation, T-Cafe, Lakehouse & Smokehouse. My picks are T-Cafe, Lakehouse & Smokehouse. I'm yet to try the scones in Bala's Chalet and Cameron Highland Resort...may be I can give it a try this time.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:45 PM
Primmie
Durian - The King

Quote:
Yes my dear...how would I miss the famous Devonshire tea - scones with clotted cream and jam!!! I've tried scones in Cameron Valley, Boh Plantation, T-Cafe, Lakehouse & Smokehouse. My picks are T-Cafe, Lakehouse & Smokehouse. I'm yet to try the scones in Bala's Chalet and Cameron Highland Resort...may be I can give it a try this time.

Next time, Foonie, we must go to tea at The Ritz (book at least a month in advance) or Berkeley where they serve Pret-A-Porter tea. Haven't had proper high tea for years...(basically when I stopped being a tourist in UK) So, we must go have have hight tea before.................
Old 04-08-2007, 11:19 PM
Durian - The King

Diana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Next time, Foonie, we must go to tea at The Ritz (book at least a month in advance) or Berkeley where they serve Pret-A-Porter tea. Haven't had proper high tea for years...(basically when I stopped being a tourist in UK) So, we must go have have hight tea before.................

I hear that high tea at Harrods is very nice. (I also heard that you have to pay GBP1 to use their loo! )
Old 05-08-2007, 07:23 PM
Primmie
Durian - The King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana
I hear that high tea at Harrods is very nice. (I also heard that you have to pay GBP1 to use their loo! )

Harrods and their loos for GBP1.00 yes, but it is pretty much like the KLCC Premier loos for RM3.00, you get perfume, aloe vera tissues etc etc.

Harrods for high tea- no lah. Ritz's the traditional and the most yummy afternoon tea and Berkeley serves these great Pret-A-Porter teas where they make cakes- light and fluffly and buttery one in high heels shoes, handbags, jewellery and they taste fantastically out of this world
Old 06-08-2007, 12:27 AM
Mangosteen - The Queen

foon is off the scale

Bala's Chalet looks lovely but their scones are no no for me. The last one to try would be Cameron Highland Resorts, which I think, might cost me an arm and a leg for just a little scone...

Quote:
Next time, Foonie, we must go to tea at The Ritz (book at least a month in advance) or Berkeley where they serve Pret-A-Porter tea.
Went to The Ritz for high tea once years ago...memorable experience. I tried Dorchester last year, high tea with champagne was memorable too. Obviously the price to pay is even more memorable!! If I ever visit London again, I'll definitely look for you to bring me to Berkeley or Ritz.

Someone told me that there is this place, opposite Harrods, its high tea is good. Do you have any idea which place is this?
Old 14-08-2007, 12:25 AM
Durian - The King

Saippuakauppias is on a distinguished road

hi foon, not sure if you're still looking for a bungalow to rent in CH but I came across a few links that you could check out.

http://www.bjaya.com/cameron_sunlightbungalow.html

http://valleyview.cameronhighlands.com/
Old 14-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Primmie
Durian - The King

Quote:
Bala's Chalet looks lovely but their scones are no no for me. The last one to try would be Cameron Highland Resorts, which I think, might cost me an arm and a leg for just a little scone...

Went to The Ritz for high tea once years ago...memorable experience. I tried Dorchester last year, high tea with champagne was memorable too. Obviously the price to pay is even more memorable!! If I ever visit London again, I'll definitely look for you to bring me to Berkeley or Ritz.

Someone told me that there is this place, opposite Harrods, its high tea is good. Do you have any idea which place is this?

Foonie, is that Richoux? So, you did go to the Dorchester then last year? Dorchester and Ritz - their high teas, I hear are too touristy these days.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:40 PM

yuki is on a distinguished road

i'm yuki wong, hello foon and everybody,

i've a few apartments for rent in Brinchang, each apartment consists of 3 rooms with attached bathroom, sofa and TV, cooking utencils available, fit for 10 persons, 5 minutes drive to night market, reasonable price only RM 180 per night.

contact me if u r interested, hp: 019-5736083 and office contact no. 05-4911346

i also cater for Cameron Highlands country tour.

Sponsored Links