IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Spiritualism > Ghost Story
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20-06-2006, 12:06 AM
Strawberry

Billy of Ipoh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzy
I'm afraid there won't be anybody home during that time since we will be visiting our Hindu frens on that day...There will be open house during Christmas... but no turkey ahhhhhhh, tosai can be arranged.

Tosai with turkey curry, can or not?

Sponsored Links
Old 20-06-2006, 12:09 AM
Pineapple

Suzy is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy of Ipoh

Too soon to decide anything.....will tell when the time comes...
Old 05-07-2006, 03:04 PM
Coconut

tripezy is an unknown quantity at this point

the stretch of road from jelapang leading to chemor used to be very dark and haunted. particularly the stretch right after the toll. used to have lots of accidents there including a close friend who claimed to have a close call. his bro and bro in law who was driving and sitting at the front was quite lucky as they didnt wear seatbelt and was thrown out of the car window. my friend got stuck inside the car and had to be rescued after like 2-3 hours.

very eerie place. my school as well, SMI, famous for all ghost stories with the japanese soldiers marching in the hallway, students being walked on by ghosts while sleeping in class, etc.

mostly T juntions will have a lot of spirit and that's why 9 King Festival will always "cut" when they pass a T Junction to kill bad spirits lurking around.
Old 05-07-2006, 05:23 PM
Strawberry

Rooster is off the scale

Quote:

Just make sure those fellows whispering, laughing etc near the bridge won't drop by also!!

Most haunted place in Ipoh is surely Tambun Inn Hotel and Polo Ground. I remember everytime after playing snooker in Tambun Inn (during my post degree days), we saw/heard weird things while walking back to our cars. And yes guys, I am cock sure the "noise" was not coming from those hourly ground floor rooms where couples used to go for "lai lai lai tum plom!!" I wonder whether these rooms still exist.

I also heard that there was a guy who was staying over at that hotel and next morning he woke up in the bathroom naked!! HHmmm maybe he went to the ground floor room in the night!!

Anyway, be careful if you happen to be at these areas at night.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:15 PM
Strawberry

waaah! Rooster, what did you see? Shadows? White beings? Me used to go to Tambun Inn for karaoke... till 3.00AM in the dead of night...Maybe there were about 5 of us, so the hantus cabut on seeing us.....we were not afraid then as there would be a security guard nearby.

But, me have heard of spooky tales...A friend (Got sin kuat...or....how you translate sin kuat, arr?). He claimed that each time his mtorbike passed by Tambun Inn at night after 11.00pm, his motorbike would be heavier...as if someone had climb on to the back seat...And the heaviness will be felt until he reached town area...

Old 05-07-2006, 11:16 PM
Pineapple

Suzy is off the scale

Quote:
waaah! Rooster, what did you see? Shadows? White beings? Me used to go to Tambun Inn for karaoke... till 3.00AM in the dead of night...Maybe there were about 5 of us, so the hantus cabut on seeing us.....we were not afraid then as there would be a security guard nearby.

I'm so sure the hantus ran away after hearing you all sing......
Old 06-07-2006, 01:42 AM
Mangosteen - The Queen

aen is off the scale

Quote:

But, me have heard of spooky tales...A friend (Got sin kuat...or....how you translate sin kuat, arr?). He claimed that each time his mtorbike passed by Tambun Inn at night after 11.00pm, his motorbike would be heavier...as if someone had climb on to the back seat...And the heaviness will be felt until he reached town area...

ooohh....hitch hike to the town for grocery shopping along cockman street ah
Old 06-07-2006, 01:42 AM
Strawberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzy
I'm so sure the hantus ran away after hearing you all sing......

Ah...kena from Suzy again....

Good ole days....Never been to Tambun Inn for the past....oh! 5 years.......How's it now, arr? Any regular Tambun Inn karaoke kakis here?

Old 06-07-2006, 11:58 PM
Whatever will be, will be
Durian - The King

AwekIpoh is on a distinguished road

This was a real experience that being told by one of my friend who came all the way from Penang to do some business in Ipoh.

He is a sales and marketing manager who have to travel to Ipoh every now and then.

One trip he was in Ipoh and booked a room in Excelsior Hotel.

He came to our office at late office hour, and promised to return the next morning.

So, the next morning he came very early, what a surprised, and his face was pale and white as a sheet of white paper.

Shaking on his seat, he asked me whether I knew anything about a haunted room in Excelsior Hotel. In fact he told me the particular room number that he slept for that night.

I asked him what happened that night. He said that night the hotel rooms were all fully booked except one room left. In those days, Syuen Hotel and Heritage Hotel are not there yet.

All through the night he heard a woman crying noise and she trying to pull his pillow. He can't sleep at all. The next morning he got out from the room as soon as possible and checked out.

Before he left the room, he managed to ask one of the bellboy about the haunted room. The bellboy confirmed that the room where he slept was where a local chinese woman committed suicide wearing a red dress.

I knew he is not joking when he came to our office for the appointment.

He asked me whether I heard anything or read anything about a woman committed suicide in the room.

Yes, I told him that I have read the news about a chinese woman wearing a red dress jumping out from the window of one of the Excelsior Hotel, but that was quite some time ago.

Gr........r............really spooky and seram.................

Personally I believed what he told me, as he really experienced it himself.

He is still tremble and shaking in his seat while telling me about it.
Old 27-02-2007, 11:55 AM
Durian - The King

Saippuakauppias is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Speaking of Ipoh Parade, anybody heard the rumours? When Ipoh Parade opened for business years back, there were rumours the car park (Basement) were haunted with a ghost couple. They would walk aimlessly....car doors will mysteriously slam shut if you did not close them fast enough after you load your shopping goodies...the door of the lift will suddenly open without anybody inside...

My parents and I personally went to one of those carpark lifts that was situated on the old block. Needless to say, upon walking into the lift, it felt really cold. I remember all of us were giving eye-signals not to mention anything about it. Many year ago during the construction of the old wing, one of the lifts had had a malfunction whereby it fell on an indonesian worker. I can't exactly verify if that is true but that's as far as I know.

Quote:
Latest update...to be fair, I asked a few friends from Ampang Baru. Most born and bred in Ampang...and they acknowledge that the small stretch of road is 'haunted' in the sense that it was 'dirty'. In cantonese, if we say a particular place is dirty, it means, there may be some 'disturbance' of the sinister type...for short, haunted. While they did not hear of any voices, nor have they heard of anybody who have seen any ghosts, they claimed the place is 'dirty' because many accidents happened here. And you can see a stone erected just by the bridge with chinese prayers, Namo Amitabha...as a peace offering to the wandering restless spirits...

When I was younger, my bro and I used to walk back from Jusco to our home in Gng Rapat. We had to walk along the ampang baru stretch late at night and to be honest, we felt & saw nothing *touches wood* In fact, I have to say I don't feel anything remotely spiritually dirty around that area.

Another haunting as said by some, would be the Tambun-Polo Ground area. many year ago, Dad was on his way to his mate's wedding. Taking a shortcut thru the polo ground area, he came across a woman dressed all in white walking slowly on the road. And it was only about 8pm or so...But as he was really late for the wedding, dad didn't think to stop by to ask her if she'd like a lift. After driving off and looking into his rearview mirror, he saw that the lady wasn't even walking but floating in the air. He never had the chance to see her face though.
Sponsored Links