IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Ipoh Online Web Forum > City Focus
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

City Focus If you feel strongly about certain issues concerning the state of PERAK and IPOH, let your thoughts be known!

Old 22-03-2015, 09:03 PM
Durian - The King

ipohan is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Ipoh Mali - Ipoh, Here We Come!

On Wednesday 4 March, 13 members from our SeniorsAloud community boarded the 6am train for a day-trip to Ipoh. For many of us it was a long overdue visit. While some of us took the opportunity to revisit the town, others were eager to take videos of the trip and apply what they had learned from Alan Chai's video-making workshop held last February. As for me, I wanted to try out the electric train service, and also find out more about Green Acres in Meru, touted as Malaysia's premier retirement village.

For those who were unable to join us, here's a pictorial account of our Ipoh trip.

Time to catch up on sleep - most of us were up at 4.00am to make sure we were at KL Sentral by 5.30am. Getting there at that hour proved to be a challenge. Fortunately everyone made it on time.

We left at 6am sharp and arrived at Ipoh railway station at 8.20am. Right across from the station was the Town Hall. The two buiildings are part of the Heritage Trail which takes visitors around the older part of the town. I love the architecture of these old buildings built during the colonial era of our country's history.

We were prepared to spend the morning exploring old Ipoh on foot, and were pleasantly surprised on arrival to find a coach and three lovely ladies waiting for us. They turned out to be our hosts cum guides Siew Leng, Mandy and Becky.

First stop was breakfast at one of Ipoh's popular coffee shops. Every which way you look, you will see a kopitiam. Ipoh is truly the home of Malaysian coffee.

Continue
Sponsored Links