IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Spiritualism > Understanding Islam
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26-12-2015, 03:53 PM
Durian - The King

ipohan is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Is 3am moral policing necessary? Think tank chief asks after raid on Perak inn

KUALA LUMPUR, Dec 25 — It was the nightmare before Christmas for Muslim Wan Saiful Wan Jan, who claimed to have been rudely woken up at 3.20am yesterday by a group of Islamic religious officers on an “inspection” of a hotel in Parit Buntar, Perak.

The chief executive of think tank Institute for Democracy and Economic Affairs accused the district Islamic religious office of allegedly violating his privacy in the early morning check of the room he shared with his mother, by a group of six to seven male officers.

“I think it’s really unfair, this kind of moral policing,” he told Malay Mail Online when contacted today.

According to Wan Saiful, he was woken up upon hearing a “loud knock” on his room door in the wee hours of the morning, which he described as “quite intimidating” for someone out of town, and was met by a man who flashed a card identifying him as an officer from the Islamic religious before insisting on entering his room.

Wan Saiful said he had tried to reason with the men as his mother was sleeping in the room, recounting his explanations: “My mother is elderly, she’s asleep, she’s tired, she’s had a long journey yesterday”.

“But they insisted on coming in because it’s pemeriksaan,” he said, using the Malay word meaning inspection.

- See more at: http://m.themalaymailonline.com/mala....WYDhHchA.dpuf
Sponsored Links